Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,189, Level: 85
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,563
    Points
    76,189
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 17

    Love the Southern Miss coach

    The head basketball coach at Souther Miss. Gotta love the way he talks.


    “Where is there doubt about the NCAA tournament? Is there doubt? They are talking about Mississippi State at No. 71. We are 13th in RPI and 48th in strength of schedule. There is no doubt that we are in this tournament. We always get better off of loses. Things work out for a reason. People who say we are not in the tournament, are idiots. They are idiots. They obviously aren’t going by what the NCAA is going by. The criteria is based off of RPI and strength of schedule. You are not allowed to factor anything else in. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it. See what you come up with. Some guy on TV said “I would really be mad if Southern Miss makes it in and South Florida doesn’t.”

    “We beat South Florida! The guy didn’t even know that we played them. That is what we are dealing with—some idiots. This (the tournament) is just like the BCS, it is a machine. There aren’t 12 basketball coaches in that room, it is a computer.”


    http://blogs.dailymail.com/marshall/...as-and-idiots/



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 25,069, Level: 48
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ty4cy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames/Spirit Lake
    Posts
    973
    Points
    25,069
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Haha pretty good stuff Larry!


    Hilton Coliseum was specifically built to hold in sound with a solid concrete structure, steel doors, and a crowd that sits just a few feet from the court. With a fan base that frequently ranks among the nations largest crowds, players from opposing teams, as well as Iowa State, have said that the floor has shaken due to the loudness of the crowd

  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 8,686, Level: 27
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    752
    Points
    8,686
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Give em hell Larry!!



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 47,130, Level: 67
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,220
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Posts
    2,932
    Points
    47,130
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 15

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Maybe Nebraska should go after him....



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 469,596, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,707
    Points
    469,596
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 369

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Sometimes I wonder how ISU basketball would have fared the last decade or so if Vandevelde wasn't our AD at the time of "the incident" and instead had an AD that had a pair of balls and kept him on.

    Wouldn't trade Hoiberg in, because I think ISU's best days are ahead of it with him, but man I miss the Eustachy days.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 32,261, Level: 55
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    iowast8fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,115
    Points
    32,261
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 19

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Imagine the fan demand at ISU for getting LE back if we were still dealing with McDermott these last 2 years.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,189, Level: 85
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,563
    Points
    76,189
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 17

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Video added

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tud0jCWdfJ4]Larry Eustachy--"Idiots...that's what we're dealing with"..if against Southern Miss in the tourney - YouTube[/ame]



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 186,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,533
    Points
    186,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 221

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    What's the best RPI a team has had and not been put in the NCAA tournament?



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 281,439, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,136
    Points
    281,439
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 491
    Given: 859

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Quote Originally Posted by gogagig View Post
    The head basketball coach at Souther Miss. Gotta love the way he talks.


    “Where is there doubt about the NCAA tournament? Is there doubt? They are talking about Mississippi State at No. 71. We are 13th in RPI and 48th in strength of schedule. There is no doubt that we are in this tournament. We always get better off of loses. Things work out for a reason. People who say we are not in the tournament, are idiots. They are idiots. They obviously aren’t going by what the NCAA is going by. The criteria is based off of RPI and strength of schedule. You are not allowed to factor anything else in. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it. See what you come up with. Some guy on TV said “I would really be mad if Southern Miss makes it in and South Florida doesn’t.”

    “We beat South Florida! The guy didn’t even know that we played them. That is what we are dealing with—some idiots. This (the tournament) is just like the BCS, it is a machine. There aren’t 12 basketball coaches in that room, it is a computer.”


    Larry Eustachy on C-USA, the NCAAs and idiots « Marshall Sports with Chuck McGill
    I agree with him, but him team sure did fall apart coming down the stretch. Good thing that's not a criterion.



  10. #10
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,522, Level: 23
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    343
    Points
    6,522
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    What's the best RPI a team has had and not been put in the NCAA tournament?
    .

    I think Missouri State had an RPI in the 25 to 30 range several years ago and wasn't selected.
    I like what Larry E. had to say,it's time more of these coaches speak their mind,don't back down Larry!



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 452,297, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,034
    Points
    452,297
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 863
    Given: 2,158

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how ISU basketball would have fared the last decade or so if Vandevelde wasn't our AD at the time of "the incident" and instead had an AD that had a pair of balls and kept him on.

    Wouldn't trade Hoiberg in, because I think ISU's best days are ahead of it with him, but man I miss the Eustachy days.

    I agree. His behavior did merit a punishment such as a suspension, but part of me wonders if there was a way he stayed at ISU would he be the fully clean and sober guy he is today.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 82,670, Level: 89
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,231
    Points
    82,670
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Wayne as a recruiter and Larry as coach. what could have been.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    I love LE. I wish Hoiberg would be as honest as this and like Orr was.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 559,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,302
    Points
    559,787
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 90

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    I love LE. I wish Hoiberg would be as honest as this and like Orr was.
    Were you even older than 5 when Orr was coaching at ISU?




  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 92,982, Level: 94
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Peru, IL
    Posts
    7,797
    Points
    92,982
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 313

    Re: Love the Southern Miss coach

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAgronomist View Post
    Were you even older than 5 when Orr was coaching at ISU?
    No way. Clones21's 5th birthday was in 2005.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM