Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 89

Twister Sister Summary - Big 12 first round discussion

The first round matchup with Kstate is an interesting one. Always a mirror image of a Bill Fennelly team, Kstate likes to shoot the three and depends on good guard play to win. Speaking of winning, this is something Kstate hasn't done a lot of lately. They seem to be in a tailspin for some reason losing 6 of their last 9 games...the opposite of what the sisters did at the end of the season. You can't even say it was the schedule as they lost to Missouri (who we know has improved greatly) and to TTech at home to end the regular season. Their low point was probably the 33 points scored against us in Ames in what was a must win for the lady clones. Their losses haven't been blowouts, but they have been losses. How will they react mentally to being on the brink right now? It seems to be the second half that is their undoing in most of their losses. The only consistent scorer has been über post Childs. I'll say it now that one key to winning this game is what we do defensively on the guards. If we hold Dickey and Chambers in check we have the upper hand. If they bust loose and light us up from outside we will be in for a battle.*

As you look at the Sisters, it's easy to see what the difference in our winning is. Guard play. We need to have good shooting and limited turnovers for us to win. Based on what I've seen down the stretch, I'm hoping that Moody is hot from the field and dishes the ball well. Please, none of those lazy overhead cross court passes! Cole will need to limit turnovers against pressure and be a whirling dervish on the boards. What about our post game? Pop...stay out of foul trouble. Prins...keep playing like you have of late. Zim and Ellis be ready to come in and spell them. My magic 8 ball says that the critical factor will be the presence or lack thereof of Big C. She can literally blow a game open if she comes ready to play.

It's always tough to win 3 in a row over someone who is so like yourself. Last year was heartbreaking at the tournament as the ladies were out of sync from the get-go and were battling from behind much of the game. We can't afford a classic ISU shooting slump for 7-8 minutes (or 13 like on Saturday) and expect to win. Defense only carries you so far.

Bottom line, this is a mirror image game. Even though we broke it open against Kstate in Ames, I fully expect a war out there. The team that blinks will be the one going home. I hope I'm wrong and the ladies do a dance on Kstate, but I'm prepared for anything.

Starter
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 40

Re: Twister Sister Summary - Big 12 first round discussion

I think a loss bumps us off the bubble. We can't lose to K-State and expect to hear our name called on Monday night. I'm not sure that we're as low as Charlie thinks we are (last four in), but we certainly won't be in a good position at all if we don't win on Thursday. 1-1 in KC probably ensures we squeak through. Hopefully everyone who played last year against K-State in KC remembers how much it sucked to sweep the regular season games and then lose to them in the Big 12 tourney. They should be more ready this year for the challenge of a third match-up. There is really no margin for error left.

All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

(maybe)

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,128
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 89

Quote Originally Posted by Buster28 View Post
    I think a loss bumps us off the bubble. We can't lose to K-State and expect to hear our name called on Monday night. I'm not sure that we're as low as Charlie thinks we are (last four in), but we certainly won't be in a good position at all if we don't win on Thursday. 1-1 in KC probably ensures we squeak through. Hopefully everyone who played last year against K-State in KC remembers how much it sucked to sweep the regular season games and then lose to them in the Big 12 tourney. They should be more ready this year for the challenge of a third match-up. There is really no margin for error left.
    I truly believe we are in. The win v KState in Ames cemented that. The tournament is for seeding only.

All-Star
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by acoustimac View Post
    I truly believe we are in. The win v KState in Ames cemented that. The tournament is for seeding only.
    I'm with you.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Can't get complacent - the lower seed won both games today. I'm a little surprised. I expected UT to make a run.

Got to Kelly's late, but, got there. Two draws in Kelly's/ISU mugs, priceless.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Walk On
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I put Cremesicle up there with Palmjob that they like seeing their name in print more than they have a rat's *** iota of what is gonna go down! IMO
    If the NCAA can make a case that the #4 team out of the #1 Conference (by a large margin) that played a true round robin does not merit inclusion in this Coastal money grab known as the tourney (WBB) then it is time to go back to another time when the NCAA was not the only game in town for the ladies!
    Honestly, I think that the committee has to include 6 teams out of the clear #1 Conf because we have to have at least 1 more than any other and trying to find a couple dozen "mid major" types in the ladies game would just lead to more lopsided games for the prima donna programs!

Making a difference everyday!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 750
    Given: 1,882

I think we are also in regardless and I can think of 10,000 reasons why. But it wouldn't hurt to eliminate all doubt with a win. KSU even with their 9 wins I believe is playing for their ncaa tourney lives as well. The way they finished the reg. season and who they lost to was bad and I think a loss tom would eliminate them from being in the big dance.

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 16

After tonight, he still has Texas in. I'm having a hard time understanding how he continues to place Temple ahead of us. They have a lower RPI and SOS, we are # 28 in Sagarin, and they are 47, yet they are above us - doesn't add up.

IDK how the 9th best overall conference (A-10) gets three teams in, and I feel the same way about the Sun Belt. I don't see how the 13th best conference deserves 2 teams.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

What also irritates me is that the ACC, Big East, and SEC are so lopsided, that their top teams look "superb," and have padded records. I think in general that is our biggest problem, is we have such a deep league that it hurts us come selection time.

For example, Florida has 3 top 50 wins, 3 top 100 wins, and one sub 100 loss. ISU has 3 top 50 wins, 5 top 100, and no sub 100 losses.

And the fact that Creme had North Carolina in for so long just goes to show his East Coast bias.

Florida, the 8th team in for SEC, is an 8 seed, ISU a 10 seed.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I think we will be in if we are anywhere close. Just having the first round in Ames is good for an RPI boost. Especially knowing we will pack the house.

All-Star
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I think Chelsea Poppens is gonna have a big day.

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

I think I know the answer to this but...can I get the women's game through iHeartRadio?

I'm on Twitter: @khaal53

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chrishull14 View Post
    I think Chelsea Poppens is gonna have a big day.
    I'm not taking you to the track