Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Attention Colorado Clones

The ISU volleyball team is playing CU tomorrow night (wed.) at the Coors Events Center in Boulder. Game time is 6:30 pm. The ladies are tied for 5th place in the Big 12 right now and need every victory they can get for a return trip to the NCAAs. This is the off year for ISU football being in Boulder, so come cheer on the Clones in a game that ISU should actually win! Bring the kiddies (if you have them), it's super cheap as well, $5 admission.

also: they used to sell beer (coors, of course) at the Coors events center, not sure if they do this season or not....

Last edited by frontrangeclone; 10-16-2007 at 10:08 AM.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 150

Re: Attention Colorado Clones

Good call!! The ladies have fallen a little bit lately and need a win to get back on track.

Although I don't know how good the Coors beer carrot will work, it seems from past discussions that most tastes on this board have evolved beyond that...

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Jbh- Ironically, I work about 6 blocks from the Coors brewery here in Golden, and I really can't stand the stuff. With the plethora of microbrews here in CO, there is no need to drink that stuff. I could drink tap water and get the same effect.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

CYCLONES WIN!!

IF I read the score board right, ISU won a hard fought five game match, winning the final game 15-13. Not pretty, but, nice to get back into the win column. This is one sport which will (already has) reach the goal of being in the top half of the conference.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, the ladies pulled it off, and a W was just what the team needed after the recent skid against some really tough teams. According to Big12sports.com, the Cyclones are in 5th place in the Big 12. They finished in the top half of the conference last year and made the NCAAs. This program is making progress, and is pretty fun to watch. When the chips were down tonight, it was nice to see an ISU team come together and pull off the victory. Get out and watch them sometime in Hilton.... I heard there were over 2,000 at the K-State game last weekend... follow the lead of what Fennelly did with women's hoops and make Hilton a hotbed for Big 12 volleyball!

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

did you all go to the game?

Just in case you didn't know... I'm a girl.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I was there. Pretty lame environment considering CU sucks this year so the crowd was tiny. Maybe a couple dozen ISU fans there, mostly family of players from what I could tell.

Has anyone been in the Coors Events Center? that place is a joke. The upper 1/3 or seats are all metal bleachers, looks really tacky. They can build that luxury suite thingy at Folsom but they can't put all seats in their 11,000 capactiy gym? There "video boards" are that fuzzy orangish color with no other tones or ability for replays. They also have this giant, Soviet style picture/image of Chauncey Billups on the wall above the southeast stands in the building. However, I think when Bzdelik was hired for men's hoops he wanted facilities improvements as part of the hire deal, so it will be interesting to see what they do.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by 4VR4CY View Post
    did you all go to the game?
    Not me - I'm stuck in Lincoln behind the Big Red Curtain. Fortunately, the internet allows a way to sneak in some information about something other than the Huskers. Cyclones.com had live stats on XOS and video on the CloneZone. I didn't watch the video, but, checked on the stats. I hope the future video offerings include WBB.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by frontrangeclone View Post
    Has anyone been in the Coors Events Center? that place is a joke. The upper 1/3 or seats are all metal bleachers, looks really tacky. They can build that luxury suite thingy at Folsom but they can't put all seats in their 11,000 capactiy gym? There "video boards" are that fuzzy orangish color with no other tones or ability for replays. They also have this giant, Soviet style picture/image of Chauncey Billups on the wall above the southeast stands in the building. However, I think when Bzdelik was hired for men's hoops he wanted facilities improvements as part of the hire deal, so it will be interesting to see what they do.

Have you ever seen 11K in the Coors event center? That's why I would imagine.

Watch a men's bball game there sometime - chances are there's more people in Hilton RIGHT NOW, with nothing scheduled. Sounds like they're inside a tin can in the tv(probably the metal bleachers you spoke of) and you can make out individual voices in the background most of the time.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99

Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    I hope the future video offerings include WBB.
    Volleyball, wrestling, gymnastics, women's hoops, and maybe even a couple of MBB games.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Have you ever seen 11K in the Coors event center? That's why I would imagine.

Watch a men's bball game there sometime - chances are there's more people in Hilton RIGHT NOW, with nothing scheduled. Sounds like they're inside a tin can in the tv(probably the metal bleachers you spoke of) and you can make out individual voices in the background most of the time.

Mac- yep, I've been to several men's games at Coors, in 2006 when ISU played them there were over 10k fans there and I did sit on the metal bleachers. There attendance can range from 1,100 in december to near capacity in the big 12 vs. the KUs or Oky. States.... it's kinda like the situation with Jack Trice and the bowling in of the south end zone... does improvement of facilities bring the fans or the product on the field/court? of course everyone wants a winner, but I do believe there is something to be said for gameday experience and having a facility that actually shows the school cares about the sport and the program.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by frontrangeclone View Post
    Mac- yep, I've been to several men's games at Coors, in 2006 when ISU played them there were over 10k fans there and I did sit on the metal bleachers. There attendance can range from 1,100 in december to near capacity in the big 12 vs. the KUs or Oky. States.... it's kinda like the situation with Jack Trice and the bowling in of the south end zone... does improvement of facilities bring the fans or the product on the field/court? of course everyone wants a winner, but I do believe there is something to be said for gameday experience and having a facility that actually shows the school cares about the sport and the program.
    Iowa State? At Colorado? Men's basketball? 10K?

How many coors did you have exactly?

Maybe it was just last season and not 2006, although I watch most MBB games - but I recall trying to COUNT the number of people in the seats at Coors. The poor attendance there is legendary.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Iowa State? At Colorado? Men's basketball? 10K?

How many coors did you have exactly?

Maybe it was just last season and not 2006, although I watch most MBB games - but I recall trying to COUNT the number of people in the seats at Coors. The poor attendance there is legendary.

seriously man! I remember getting there and was all ticked wondering why the heck so many people where there, thinking I could get a prime seat by courtside....
    so I looked it up on the men's b-ball archives and sure enough.... .

Iowa State-Colorado Box - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports

thing is, a sat. night game is probably the biggest draw there... a weeknight game, usually poor attendance. Sat. or Sun. daytime games? forget about it, everyone is playing up in them thar mountains....

Last edited by frontrangeclone; 10-18-2007 at 12:44 PM.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802