Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 32,903, Level: 55
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,103
    Points
    32,903
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

    just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    10-12-2011, 07:48 PM

    Re: How do you defend this team?
    permalink

    "i believe this team will contend for the Big 12 title, no question. Team is talented, and we will have one of the biggest mis matches in the league with white. I also think its a huge benefit that a lot our team this year is older which usually equals stronger, and smarter.

    we will have 4-5 options beyond the arc every single night... ejim will finally be free to play where he is comfortable.. we are deep and good."



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 60,436, Level: 76
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    geburgess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    2,382
    Points
    60,436
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    Since when is finishing 3rd contending? How dare you toot your own horn!!!











  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,440, Level: 68
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,310
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,653
    Points
    48,440
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    hey i started that thread!!!



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 55,174, Level: 72
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,286
    Points
    55,174
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    That was before the season, that's not impressive at all, we all thought we would be really good. What's more impressive is when I was defending this team after our loss to either UNI or Michigan. Everyone was jumping off the wagon, and saying Lutz was our coach last year, Fred sucks. I said "This team WILL be good." The only poster that agreed with me was Cyber.

    JTMH (just tootin my horn)



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 28,358, Level: 51
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    isu_oak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    958
    Points
    28,358
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 4

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply


    I hope this isn't crossing the offensive barrier CF recently put in place. If so, mods feel free to delete.


    Last edited by isu_oak; 03-04-2012 at 11:35 AM.

  6. #6
    Recruit
    Points: 8,274, Level: 27
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    103
    Points
    8,274
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    Quote Originally Posted by isu_oak View Post
    I hope this isn't crossing the offensive barrier CF recently put in place. If so, mods feel free to delete.
    I'm sure that will get pulled (as it should), but you just made my morning.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 33,619, Level: 56
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    MaccloNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,408
    Points
    33,619
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 9

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    the big can of baked beans was funny.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 165,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,629
    Points
    165,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    Wow, who volunteered for that picture?

    Oak is that you?



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,586, Level: 85
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,554
    Points
    75,586
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 15

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    Well, we could have had a bad year. And today you could have still said that you called it:

    Tedcyclone01-01-2012, 08:10 PM

    " I feel like this team is what it is at this point. Have some talent, but not always going to play really hard. I wonder if they are playing hard, and it just seems like they are not as we have some skilled players. Kind of what Donovan McNab was. Seemed lazy, but was just good and methodical. Either way, we dont seem like a very good team this year."



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 64,389, Level: 78
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Die4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,381
    Points
    64,389
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 81

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gogagig View Post
    Well, we could have had a bad year. And today you could have still said that you called it:

    Tedcyclone01-01-2012, 08:10 PM

    " I feel like this team is what it is at this point. Have some talent, but not always going to play really hard. I wonder if they are playing hard, and it just seems like they are not as we have some skilled players. Kind of what Donovan McNab was. Seemed lazy, but was just good and methodical. Either way, we dont seem like a very good team this year."
    Ouch. Burn!




  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 269,050, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    12,527
    Points
    269,050
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 423

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    I think this falls under the category of if you throw enough **** at the wall, some of it is bound to stick.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  12. #12
    Walk On
    Points: 5,941, Level: 22
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    redrocket22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Col de la Madone
    Posts
    200
    Points
    5,941
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcyclone View Post
    10-12-2011, 07:48 PM

    Re: How do you defend this team?
    permalink

    "i believe this team will contend for the Big 12 title, no question. Team is talented, and we will have one of the biggest mis matches in the league with white. I also think its a huge benefit that a lot our team this year is older which usually equals stronger, and smarter.

    we will have 4-5 options beyond the arc every single night... ejim will finally be free to play where he is comfortable.. we are deep and good."
    You should buy Fred and Dedric some beers. They both helped push the right buttons to get this team over the hump.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 121,896, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ames via Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    4,711
    Points
    121,896
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 58

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Yes13 View Post
    That was before the season, that's not impressive at all, we all thought we would be really good. What's more impressive is when I was defending this team after our loss to either UNI or Michigan. Everyone was jumping off the wagon, and saying Lutz was our coach last year, Fred sucks. I said "This team WILL be good." The only poster that agreed with me was Cyber.

    JTMH (just tootin my horn)
    I don't think I posted in that thread because I didn't want to get bashed but I was still pulling for us to be good. It takes time is all I was thinking. We obviously beat UNI and Drake now and Michigan would be a terrific game.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 64,389, Level: 78
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Die4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,381
    Points
    64,389
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 81

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply




  15. #15
    Prospect
    Points: 4,348, Level: 19
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    71
    Points
    4,348
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: just tooting my own horn from Oct 12th reply

    technically everyone in the big 12 tourney competes for the big 12 title..



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM