Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 284

If you all have the guts

to wait this disaster out. We can be the next Kansas. We can be the next Missouri. It will take 5 to 6 years of heartbreak but I know we can do it. Please don't go with the fire the coach after year 2 junk. Missouri and Kansas fans did that and now they are glad there athletic directors stuck with there guys. It takes a long time in football to build something. I seriously think we are on our way. There is a reason that there are so few guys on the sidelines. Has anyone noticed that we look like a traveling team. It's because 40% of our team is redshirting this year. Just give it time guys. I have waited 33 years for some joy from Cyclone Football. If I can wait a few more. Then you younger guys need to sit back and wait.

Starter
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: If you all have the guts

Knownothing is again sounding like a knowsomething. I demand truth in advertising!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162

Again being critical of the fans. No matter what fans do, they can't make you happy.

Be realistic...told to leave. Be upset about the current status of the program...inadvertently called gutless and swinging at the younger crowd.

What we're experiencing is not a fan problem. It's a talent issue. One that, like you said, takes time to fix.

Yet going after other fans and fighting amongst ourselves isn't the solution.

As far as 40% of the team redshirting, well, that's crap.

Last edited by ISUFan22; 10-15-2007 at 08:48 AM.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

[QUOTEAgain being critical of the fans. No matter what fans do, they can't make you happy.

Be realistic...told to leave. Be upset about the current status of the program...inadvertently called gutless and swinging at the younger crowd.

What we're experiencing is not a fan problem. It's a talent issue. One that, like you said, takes time to fix.

][/QUOTE]

Seriously you should have my name on here. I am encouraging the people to stay with the team. You are the one trying to act like I am name calling. I am telling you that I have done it for 33 years and telling the younger ones to hold on to hope. So at no point did I call anyone gutless. So you may be a MOD on here but you truly are starting to **** me off with your high and mightyness on here. I think it's time for you to jump on board with possitive thinking instead of the negative crap that you are comming at me with.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Who's high-and-mighty? I think the guy telling other fans to leave (and I wasn't the only one) for their realistic views seems high-and-mighty to me. I'm not being negative about our team, I'm being realistic.

I knew we were going to lose at Tech...I knew we were going to lose Saturday. And, I know we're going to lose this weekend. We just don't have anything in us like the Stanford's or the other teams with major upsets. That doesn't mean I won't be there Saturday at 11:30 cheering our guys on. I just know we're not competitive this year - at all.

Rally the troops, by all means. But constantly taking shots at other fans along the way won't get ya very far.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post

Rally the troops, by all means. But constantly taking shots at other fans along the way won't get ya very far.

Wow, nice sentiment.

Jeffrey A Crawford

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 204

Who's high-and-mighty? I think the guy telling other fans to leave (and I wasn't the only one) for their realistic views seems high-and-mighty to me. I'm not being negative about our team, I'm being realistic.

I knew we were going to lose at Tech...I knew we were going to lose Saturday. And, I know we're going to lose this weekend. We just don't have anything in us like the Stanford's or the other teams with major upsets. That doesn't mean I won't be there Saturday at 11:30 cheering our guys on. I just know we're not competitive this year - at all.

Quite frankly boys you both are a bit defensive. Sit back and relax...really.

j

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Maybe you don't understand Jokes. I will explain. When someone is being sarcastic and saying our team is going to beat a team that won a national title 2 years ago. That is a joke. You probably did not understand John Belushi in Animal House either when he was rallying the troops there.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

When we can't beat Kent State and Northern Iowa at home, why does anyone think we are going to even be competitive with Texas and Oklahoma? That being said, go to the games, have a good time, cheer on the Cyclones and hope for the best. Don't get too upset at a loss. When a team with superior talent is playing well against a team with inferior talent who isn't playing well, 56-3 happens. And that's what happened Saturday.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I must have missed your smilely icon or the "obvious" sarcasm from your post.

No worries...party on in here...I'm out.

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

even if that team played the game of their lives i don't think we could have beaten Texas. nothing against the team but they were put in a spot by the offense switching, so we owe it to them that they stuck around and are trying to make things better by learning a new system. We also don't have the talent currently to beat a major team in the nation let alone a mediocre team.

Ryan Galles

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 656

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    to wait this disaster out. We can be the next Kansas. We can be the next Missouri. It will take 5 to 6 years of heartbreak but I know we can do it. Please don't go with the fire the coach after year 2 junk. Missouri and Kansas fans did that and now they are glad there athletic directors stuck with there guys. It takes a long time in football to build something. I seriously think we are on our way.
    you should have stopped typing there.... that includes the other two posts in the thread.

But back to your first point (i agree completely), it will take time (i think 99% agree with that AND understand that) and we will be like KU and MU but better.

-keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Addict
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,317
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 52

Again being critical of the fans. No matter what fans do, they can't make you happy.

Maybe it's the continual quest for your next milestone in post totals, but I don't think there was any need for you to jump down his throat for trying to rally some support for the team and be a little positive. You seem to be doing that a lot lately. Just chill out, let somebody else have an opinion, and be

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

Funny how when the team is winning no one cares who leaves the game and when they leave. I was at the game sat. and was proud of our fan base for the numbers that showed up given the early start and weather. I was also very happy not to hear negative comments and booing that one might expect to hear given the peformance.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

40% are redshirting?

Through out a few names of guys that are redshirting that could help in one to two years.

I know Tate is redshirting. I think Chris Weir is too. Who else?