Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

How the Big 12 should expand

I have an idea for Big 12 expansions and lets assume college football gets a 4 team playoff where each participant has to be a conference champion.

1. The first school I would make sure I get is Florida St. and then lure 3 others from
    Rutgers, Pitt, Clemson, Ga. Tech, Maryland, Clemson, Miami, Rutgers or Louisville. Maybe even 4 0 5 schools to go to 15 or 16 if the tv money is worth it and get a conference network to take advantage of this. Maybe the league would develop some regional networks under the main conference one like the PAC 12 is doing.

2. Then go to 12 conference games.
    - Think of the inventory it gives tv and how it would push up the tv rights. You can have a core group of pods for scheduling but still keep one set of standings and pick the top two for the conference championship game or divide into divisions. With this scenario it doesn't matter if the Big 12 decides on an odd number of teams either.
    -I am also doing this in mind with the original assumption where a team has to be a conferencce champ to get to the playoffs. This would somewhat eliminate the desire for easy schedules and worrying about other conferences weaker scheduling. The playoff participants would be heavily slanted towards the SEC, Big 12, Big 10 and PAC 12 winners. Once in a while, maybe an ACC teams or Big East team slips in.
    -If the conference decides for the money to allow ND partial membership make them play a larger number of games than discussed. I think 3 or 4 games are thrown out. Make it at least 6 or 7 or maybe even 8. This really doesn't hurt ND because the Big 12 will cover a large area of the country ND wants to schedule anyway. Whats left USC, Stanford, Purdue, Mich. & MSU(it may be difficult to schedule all of them anyway due to new scheduling plans out there). What would be left? Afew Eastern schools? Nothing worthwhile would be left of the ACC anyway. What would ND's other options be? The Big East is not a very good option anymore and the Big 10 and ACC have said they have to join in everything or not at all.

This also, greatly increases the inventory of quality games for tv.

With the above, why would there even be a need for any more non-conference games? Think of the great matchups and TV payouts.

Your the first super conference but it makes sense because you play a majority of your members each year.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,323
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 108

Re: How the Big 12 should expand

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

na....

-I'm 1983 Chris Allen, and I approve this message.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 370
    Given: 296

Pitt isn't going to want to mess with a new conference after trying to shift over to the ACC. Oh and I stopped there.

@RandomGeoFacts

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Win5002 View Post
    I have an idea for Big 12 expansions and lets assume college football gets a 4 team playoff where each participant has to be a conference champion.

1. The first school I would make sure I get is Florida St. and then lure 3 others from
    Rutgers, Pitt, Clemson, Ga. Tech, Maryland, Clemson, Miami, Rutgers or Louisville. Maybe even 4 0 5 schools to go to 15 or 16 if the tv money is worth it and get a conference network to take advantage of this. Maybe the league would develop some regional networks under the main conference one like the PAC 12 is doing.

2. Then go to 12 conference games.
    - Think of the inventory it gives tv and how it would push up the tv rights. You can have a core group of pods for scheduling but still keep one set of standings and pick the top two for the conference championship game or divide into divisions. With this scenario it doesn't matter if the Big 12 decides on an odd number of teams either.
    -I am also doing this in mind with the original assumption where a team has to be a conferencce champ to get to the playoffs. This would somewhat eliminate the desire for easy schedules and worrying about other conferences weaker scheduling. The playoff participants would be heavily slanted towards the SEC, Big 12, Big 10 and PAC 12 winners. Once in a while, maybe an ACC teams or Big East team slips in.
    -If the conference decides for the money to allow ND partial membership make them play a larger number of games than discussed. I think 3 or 4 games are thrown out. Make it at least 6 or 7 or maybe even 8. This really doesn't hurt ND because the Big 12 will cover a large area of the country ND wants to schedule anyway. Whats left USC, Stanford, Purdue, Mich. & MSU(it may be difficult to schedule all of them anyway due to new scheduling plans out there). What would be left? Afew Eastern schools? Nothing worthwhile would be left of the ACC anyway. What would ND's other options be? The Big East is not a very good option anymore and the Big 10 and ACC have said they have to join in everything or not at all.

This also, greatly increases the inventory of quality games for tv.

With the above, why would there even be a need for any more non-conference games? Think of the great matchups and TV payouts.

Your the first super conference but it makes sense because you play a majority of your members each year.
    This reminded me of that old Steve Martin bit. How do you get a million dollars and not pay taxes? "Well first, get a million dollars, THEN..."

Why not just say Notre Dame?

If there a no out of conference games, how does the rest of the world decide they're not just ALL better than the Big XII - kind of like the SEC now?

Good try, grasshopper. Back to the drawing board.

No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

rankings are not really based on head to head competition, its already decided by the eyeball test as it is.

Also, if the limited college football playoff only goes with conference champions the out of conference play won't play that big of a factor.