Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 33,524, Level: 56
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jonecy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    3.5 Hours From Trice
    Posts
    1,265
    Points
    33,524
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Are you satisfied with your phones and service with Sprint - why or why not?

    I've been with Verizon since 2002 and am considering a change to Sprint for me and the wife. I'm willing to sacrifice a little quality in service and phones if the monthly rates are significantly cheaper and I still get good coverage.

    Any honest feedback from Sprint customers is appreciated - Thanks!


    - 的知 not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 48,199, Level: 67
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    sodakjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,799
    Points
    48,199
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Other than one guy (the manager of the store here in Ames), my experience with Sprint service has been fantastic. On the whole, they've been very helpful in sorting out any issues that I may have had. I've been on a family plan with my parents and brothers since 2004.


    Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

    And thank you Stumpy for this:

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 209,583, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,572
    Points
    209,583
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 409
    Given: 280

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    If we weren't on my in-laws family plan I would probably switch to a different carrier, only because the signal here in Waterloo isn't always the best. Service wise I don't have any complaints.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 649,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,065
    Points
    649,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,669
    Given: 167

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    No problems with it in Ames.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,391, Level: 70
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,731
    Points
    52,391
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 215

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Great on interstates and big cities, sometimes a little sketchy out in the sticks. Seems to be getting better lately.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 407,431, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,641
    Points
    407,431
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 556
    Given: 265

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    I haven't had any major problems with them. For the rates I pay and what I get with them, I am willing to handle a dropped call once a month or so.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,845, Level: 76
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In an RV Park, far away
    Posts
    3,692
    Points
    60,845
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 541

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    Are you satisfied with your phones and service with Sprint - why or why not?

    I've been with Verizon since 2002 and am considering a change to Sprint for me and the wife. I'm willing to sacrifice a little quality in service and phones if the monthly rates are significantly cheaper and I still get good coverage.

    Any honest feedback from Sprint customers is appreciated - Thanks!
    It's the only service we've had since we got cell phones in 1998. We've had them out in the boonies all over the country (we are retired and travel a lot) and very seldom are without a signal. I've never had any problems with the company or service. I use a Virgin Mobile Internet Modem (a Sprint reseller) for internet service while we are on the road and generally get great internet with it. Very satisfied with the phones, internet, service, company, etc.


    Last edited by aauummm; 02-27-2012 at 01:36 PM.

  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 15,088, Level: 37
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    MrGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    875
    Points
    15,088
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    I switched from VZW to Sprint several years back and haven't been disappointed. VZW's coverage is a little better, but the savings has been tremendous, although Sprint has been slowly raising their rates and reducing discounts.

    If you have an Android phone, you can get Roam Control and force your phone over to VZW's network if you're not getting a good Sprint signal.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 208,659, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    10,800
    Points
    208,659
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 111

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    I've been with Sprint for 13 years. There were some rough spots with customer service in the mid 2000's, but for the past few years I have had no complaints, and am quite satisfied with their service. The prices are outstanding.

    Just be aware of this...Sprint lost a good deal of their 3G coverage in the Dakotas, Montana, and some parts of Iowa and Nebraska (particularly rural areas) after Verizon bought Alltel. Alltel had reciprocal voice/data agreements with Sprint. Apparently, Sprint and Verizon have not been able to work out continuing the agreements, so the 3G coverage is gone in those areas where Alltel was providing access to Sprint. You will still get voice coverage and 1X data in those areas.

    I would recommend going to the Sprint coverage maps and zoom in closely on the area(s) where you would need coverage (like your house or primary travel route to work), and if you are getting a data plan, make sure that Sprint has 3G/4G coverage there.


    Last edited by jbhtexas; 02-27-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 118,175, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,011
    Points
    118,175
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 74

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    Are you satisfied with your phones and service with Sprint - why or why not?

    I've been with Verizon since 2002 and am considering a change to Sprint for me and the wife. I'm willing to sacrifice a little quality in service and phones if the monthly rates are significantly cheaper and I still get good coverage.

    Any honest feedback from Sprint customers is appreciated - Thanks!
    I moved from Verizon to Sprint about 5 years ago, and honestly I can't say I have noticed much of a difference at all in network performance.

    I don't think you would be giving up anything as far as quality of phones. Sprint has had a great selection of top tier Android devices for a couple years now, dating back to the Evo. And with iPhone now available, they have as much to offer as any carrier.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 63,497, Level: 78
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,353
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    sdillon500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    northern california
    Posts
    1,302
    Points
    63,497
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 1

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Hey Jones, I switched from AT&T to Sprint about two years ago, and haven't had any regrets. Started off with T-Mobile, switched to AT&T, now with Sprint, and Sprint has definitely had the best call clarity and data speed of those three. AT&T had better coverage, but calls would routinely drop.

    As others have said, Sprint has good coverage in cities and well populated areas, not so good in rural areas. But it's not a major issue. And now that Sprint has the iPhone, you can save a little money and still have a kick*** phone.


    www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 37,230, Level: 59
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,355
    Points
    37,230
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 119

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Live in Ames and have not ever had an issue. It travels well (in terms of coverage). I recently got a smart phone and the unlimited data is nice. I have also always had great customer service experiences as well.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 33,524, Level: 56
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jonecy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    3.5 Hours From Trice
    Posts
    1,265
    Points
    33,524
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    I've been with Sprint for 13 years. There were some rough spots with customer service in the mid 2000's, but for the past few years I have had no complaints, and am quite satisfied with their service. The prices are outstanding.

    Just be aware of this...Sprint lost a good deal of their 3G coverage in the Dakotas, Montana, and some parts of Iowa and Nebraska (particularly rural areas) after Verizon bought Alltel. Alltel had reciprocal voice/data agreements with Sprint. Apparently, Sprint and Verizon have not been able to work out continuing the agreements, so the 3G coverage is gone in those areas where Alltel was providing access to Sprint. You will still get voice coverage and 1X data in those areas.

    I would recommend going to the Sprint coverage maps and zoom in closely on the area(s) where you would need coverage (like your house or primary travel route to work), and if you are getting a data plan, make sure that Sprint has 3G/4G coverage there.
    So do you get charged extra for roaming on the Verizon (former Alltel) network or is there just a decrease in coverage/performance?


    - 的知 not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 33,524, Level: 56
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jonecy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    3.5 Hours From Trice
    Posts
    1,265
    Points
    33,524
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreg View Post
    I switched from VZW to Sprint several years back and haven't been disappointed. VZW's coverage is a little better, but the savings has been tremendous, although Sprint has been slowly raising their rates and reducing discounts.

    If you have an Android phone, you can get Roam Control and force your phone over to VZW's network if you're not getting a good Sprint signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    I moved from Verizon to Sprint about 5 years ago, and honestly I can't say I have noticed much of a difference at all in network performance.

    I don't think you would be giving up anything as far as quality of phones. Sprint has had a great selection of top tier Android devices for a couple years now, dating back to the Evo. And with iPhone now available, they have as much to offer as any carrier.
    Were you able to transfer your Verizon phone # and contacts from your Verizon phone to your new Sprint phone?


    - 的知 not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

  15. #15
    Walk On
    Points: 6,682, Level: 24
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    50021
    Posts
    176
    Points
    6,682
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Sprint Mobile Users.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    Were you able to transfer your Verizon phone # and contacts from your Verizon phone to your new Sprint phone?

    I switched from Verizon to Sprint about 6 years ago, & was able to keep my number and contacts. Haven't had a single problem with anything in the 6 years I've been with them.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM