I am really shocked that the TX game surprised so many
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 60,315, Level: 76
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,335
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    5,104
    Points
    60,315
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 141

    I am really shocked that the TX game surprised so many

    let's do the math:

    Texas has had the top one or two recruiting classes in the 6 years, while ISU has been in the 50-60 range, with a lot of the highly regarded players in those classes never showing up or flunking out before they can help.

    I know that TX has lost some games that they should not have, but to think that the talent on the field is not a complete mis-match is not being realistic. Texas played as good as they have all year, and we needed them to play the worst they have all year.

    What is the answer? Better players, a better plan and better luck.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 343,709, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,649
    Points
    343,709
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 593
    Given: 364

    Re: I am really shocked that the TX game surprised so many

    Be careful...or you'll be told to leave...



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 64,891, Level: 79
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,559
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    2,703
    Points
    64,891
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 0

    Re: I am really shocked that the TX game surprised so many

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    let's do the math:

    Texas has had the top one or two recruiting classes in the 6 years, while ISU has been in the 50-60 range, with a lot of the highly regarded players in those classes never showing up or flunking out before they can help.

    I know that TX has lost some games that they should not have, but to think that the talent on the field is not a complete mis-match is not being realistic. Texas played as good as they have all year, and we needed them to play the worst they have all year.

    What is the answer? Better players, a better plan and better luck.

    No more posts until you can call for somebody's firing like a normal levelheaded person....



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 104,824, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    6,419
    Points
    104,824
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 321
    Given: 178

    Re: I am really shocked that the TX game surprised so many

    I was surprised by the way we lost. At the end of the day, I'm rare;u surprised that we lose a game, but, to lose in this manner was very surprising to me. seriously, we looked like division 3 school out there. I defense got no pressure at all on their QB, we couldn't keep up with their receivers, our QB couldn't throw the Ball to our receivers and they couldn't break free of any coverage.

    So, I wasn't surprised by the loss, but, I was surprised that we looked so bad. Everything that I had taken as a positive so far this year, was rolled up into a ball and thrown out a 40 story building yesterday. I've seen a lot of ISU football. And over all, that was one of the worst games I've ever seen at Jack Trice.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 56,837, Level: 73
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    guitarchitect7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    56,837
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: I am really shocked that the TX game surprised so many

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    I was surprised by the way we lost. At the end of the day, I'm rare;u surprised that we lose a game, but, to lose in this manner was very surprising to me. seriously, we looked like division 3 school out there. I defense got no pressure at all on their QB, we couldn't keep up with their receivers, our QB couldn't throw the Ball to our receivers and they couldn't break free of any coverage.

    So, I wasn't surprised by the loss, but, I was surprised that we looked so bad. Everything that I had taken as a positive so far this year, was rolled up into a ball and thrown out a 40 story building yesterday. I've seen a lot of ISU football. And over all, that was one of the worst games I've ever seen at Jack Trice.
    Very well put. It wasn't that we lost, it wasn't that we lost by a lot, it was just the way we lost. My spouse asked me at the beginning of the game, "Are we going to win?", I asked her, "Why did you have to ask me that!". I always have hope of an upset, but just didn't see it likely this week. I also didn't think I would see such a lackluster performance towards one of the worst defeats in mind. Heck if you want to bring the previous coaching staff back into things, they held a closer game last year in Texas with pretty much the same players. I'm not calling for anyone's head, but just hope to see better signs of coaching and heart in the upcoming games/defeats.


    "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 454,581, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,928
    Points
    454,581
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 49

    Re: I am really shocked that the TX game surprised so many

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    I was surprised by the way we lost. At the end of the day, I'm rare;u surprised that we lose a game, but, to lose in this manner was very surprising to me. seriously, we looked like division 3 school out there. I defense got no pressure at all on their QB, we couldn't keep up with their receivers, our QB couldn't throw the Ball to our receivers and they couldn't break free of any coverage.

    So, I wasn't surprised by the loss, but, I was surprised that we looked so bad. Everything that I had taken as a positive so far this year, was rolled up into a ball and thrown out a 40 story building yesterday. I've seen a lot of ISU football. And over all, that was one of the worst games I've ever seen at Jack Trice.
    That was not the worst game I have seen at JTS, but it is the worst in 10 years.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 60,315, Level: 76
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,335
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    5,104
    Points
    60,315
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 141

    Re: I am really shocked that the TX game surprised so many

    Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    That was not the worst game I have seen at JTS, but it is the worst in 10 years.
    I wasn't at that game, but I was at the Kansas game last year, and I thought that was way uglier. Kansas was a very average team and they kicked the crap out of the Clones. Texas was hitting on all cylinders yesterday, made no mistakes, and made several wow plays that helped make it look even worse than it was.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM