Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 13

What is CFH new contract going to be worth?

I'm assuming that Jamie Pollard is working on a new deal for CFH as his current one has 3 more years left at 800k per year. The last I knew this was last in the BigXII.
    Some interesting points from a website listing salaries from last year have:

Bill Self at 3.6 million/yr
    Rick Barnes at 2.2 million/yr
    Travis Ford at 1.8 million/yr
    Frank Martin at 1.5 mill/yr
    Scott Drew at 900k/yr --> I think he got a new contract though?

No info for Billy G or Haith at Mizzou as the old coaches were listed. Like I say this is the best info I could find without doing some serious looking. I also did not look up TCU or WV to see what they are making, I'm guessing Huggies has a decent contract.

I am going to go with a 7 yr deal at 1.5 per year starting this season (give him extra now like we did CPR) and 100k bonus for 21 win season, 100k bonus for top 3 in the league, 250k bounus for winning Big XII tourny, 250k bonus Elite 8, 500k bonus for final 4, 750k bonus for Championship game, with a side note that only 1 post season bonus to be paid out.

Thoughts are welcome!

DistrictCyclone

Re: What is CFH new contract going to be worth?

My guess is that he doesn't offer a new contract until after next season.

Walk On
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I hope he does, he took a risk bringing in all these transfers and has coached them together. He has fans excited about basketball again, to me the man needs to get paid. If I remember he took a pay cut to come back here. I read that he was making a little over a million in the front office at the T-wolves. We need to treat him right and pay the man.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    My guess is that he doesn't offer a new contract until after next season.
    This.

Although he's brought in a lot of talent with the transfers, I still need to see more of his "ability to coach" before I'm convinced. This team hasn't had consecutive games of steady, solid defense all season (I'm encouraged by the first half at KSU though). We generally don't set enough screens or use Royce and our outside shooters enough with the pick and roll. I'd like to see better situational usage of our timeouts (I'm real big on this). I'd like to see more adjustments offensively when Royce is a non-factor (we get very stagnant and don't drive). IMO the jury is still out on him.

If this team has a good season next year, with an overall improvement in team defense (coaching), screening and offensive sets (coaching), and better utilization of timeouts I'll be convinced. This year is somewhat hard to judge as this IS Fred's first team with a legitimate roster. With that said you NEVER give extensions based on one good year as it that hefty contract will be a burden if the coach proves not worthy just a few years down the road.

If Hoiberg takes care of business both he and the university will be rewarded (as I don't see him ever leaving).

Addict
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 4

Maybe bump him up to a mil a year?

Walk On
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Wow, I guess I feel he has already earned it. When he took over the only talent anybody thought we had was SC, and not many thought he would be any good. Then DG has a great season which we all contribute to CFH coaching in less than 6 months. Brings in a ton of talent, has some of our best recruits coming in next year. went from 3-13 last year in Big XII play to 11-5 after being projected to finish 8th, tied for 3rd place with a team that has 3 serious NBA talent players.
    I just can't believe that we wait till next season, this is one of the best teams we've ever had and only 1 of them played any minutes for McDoormat. IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS!!!
    We are the most effient scoring team out of timeouts in the nation, now rank in top 10 in defensive rebounding, and IMO the timeouts have been 85% good. I see this team getting better, and think since Creighton has payed for CFH's first 2 years coaching that we should lock him up now before NBA teams start calling.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 627
    Given: 394

Five years at $1.2M with $200k in annual options if we do good.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zac View Post
    This.

Although he's brought in a lot of talent with the transfers, I still need to see more of his "ability to coach" before I'm convinced. This team hasn't had consecutive games of steady, solid defense all season (I'm encouraged by the first half at KSU though). We generally don't set enough screens or use Royce and our outside shooters enough with the pick and roll. I'd like to see better situational usage of our timeouts (I'm real big on this). I'd like to see more adjustments offensively when Royce is a non-factor (we get very stagnant and don't drive). IMO the jury is still out on him.

If this team has a good season next year, with an overall improvement in team defense (coaching), screening and offensive sets (coaching), and better utilization of timeouts I'll be convinced. This year is somewhat hard to judge as this IS Fred's first team with a legitimate roster. With that said you NEVER give extensions based on one good year as it that hefty contract will be a burden if the coach proves not worthy just a few years down the road.

If Hoiberg takes care of business both he and the university will be rewarded (as I don't see him ever leaving).
    I think Pollard should fire Hoiberg and hire you.

Pro
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 117

Every penny...........

Clone to the Bone with the up and coming IOWA STATE.

Legend
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uJDhVZIE&feature=related]Dr. Evil 100 Billion Dollars - YouTube[/ame]

Team Rainbo_

Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

Legend
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 839

Fred has earned it from the front-office part of the job alone. Considering we do not have a true pg (or a center), the improvement of the team on the court throughout the season has been encouraging as well.

Probably the best feeling is that as good of job as Fred has done in his first two years, he is the type to make himself even better from now having gone through it.

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 4

There is very little danger of Fred leaving now. There are 3 years left on his contract, JP has the luxury of waiting at least another year. I think he will so the appropriate thing. It is hard to say what the pay might be. I think that will depend on the success and condition of the program, and how full Hilton is the next couple of years.

All-Star
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I could see a nice reward to that million area for this season. I think Jp will want to see the third year play out to give a large bump, with only a two year track record I think Jp will want to another season.

Although with CFh's drive, a decent base with large incentives for conf championships and final four type things would not surprise me.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 62

We were paying LE 1.1 million more than a decade ago. Granted, LE won COY, B12s, S16 etc.
    But it has been more than a decade! And coaching salaries have soared since then.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

This is a tough question, he's only in year 2 of his contract right now and still growing as a coach. I don't see Fred as a type of guy that is going to be unhappy or demand a raise right now. He's made his money already in the NBA and this is his dream job. I think eventually you reward him but I think Fred could be just as humble as coach Rhoads was early in his contract and say save the money and use it on facilities.

I think you do have to reward his success at some point but you also have to factor in that unless some big time program came calling (don't see that happening yet) even then ISU would not only pay up but I don't think Fred is going to leave town just because someone throws some money at him. Have to have some faith that he's in this for the long haul and his desire is to build a top notch program in the city he grew up in. I doubt he's concerned with being one of the higher paid coaches in the conference and if he keeps winning here it won't even be a question that he'll get the contract he deserves.

Go Cubs Go!