Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Be Patient

I hope Cyclone fans are patient this year with our mens basketball team. While I am impressed with what G-Mac has done to date we need to remember that no one on this team has any experience with his offense. 150 plays does not come over night. Even our returning guys who are used to big 12 play will be starting over from both an offensive and defensive stand point. I have been seeing a lot of optimistic posts, and wihle I am optimistic for the long run, I expect to see some growing pains this year. It is much easier to have a roster overhaul when you have at least a core that is familiar with what you are doing. For ISU the change will be compounded by us making monumental shifts in offensive and defensive strategy, while overhauling the roster, while acclimating a new coach to ISU, while our new coach learns to work with new assistants, while most of roster learns what it takes to win in the big 12. etc.

Let's be excited for the season, and the furure, but not put first year expectations on G-Mac that he can't live up to.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Re: Be Patient

I am looking forward to watching G-mac actually coach rather then just sit there. I hope we schedule some easy teams early just so we can get our feet wet and get used to the system. Also I hope we can put alot of people in Hilton and get Hilton magic back and rockin. But I think fans will be patient especially if they like the system and see discipline.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 605
    Given: 389

How about EA Sports?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Walk On Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

i'm just glad he is clearing out some of the thugs...

the lonely cyclone in husker country

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I for one am not going to be patient. He had the ponies and ran them all off. He is bringing in 6 or 7 of his own recruits, most of whom are JUCO's and with that he should be expected to have at least a winning season. I just love looking at all of the new unranked, unstared players we are looking at/offering for next year. I now have soooo much hope for the huge recruiting class of the future. We were high on a lot of studs lists, but they don't fit the style, so now we go after some 5'11" unranked pg from the midwest as an example, wohoo, that makes me want to give more money.

Let the bid to become the newest conf. USA team begin

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I for one am not going to be patient. He had the ponies and ran them all off. [/b][/quote]

Sorry discomb, but I can't let you get by with slandering our coaches without calling you on it. No one has said ex-players included that any one was run off. I respect your right to your opinions on the coaching changes, but you lose all credibility when you make statements like that.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Rookie
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I for one am not going to be patient. He had the ponies and ran them all off. He is bringing in 6 or 7 of his own recruits, most of whom are JUCO's and with that he should be expected to have at least a winning season. I just love looking at all of the new unranked, unstared players we are looking at/offering for next year. I now have soooo much hope for the huge recruiting class of the future. We were high on a lot of studs lists, but they don't fit the style, so now we go after some 5'11" unranked pg from the midwest as an example, wohoo, that makes me want to give more money.
    [/b][/quote]

It's so hypocritical that you seemed to have the patience of Job watching Morgan suffer through such an utterly atrocious season. To start the season ranked in the top 25 in the country and then fail to even make the NIT? Is that your definition of success? Couldn't win last year with the splendid "ponies" you refer to, but now you have no patience. You should author a book, "The Power of Negative Thinking".

Psyched about the Clones!!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 605
    Given: 389

Yeah, we now have have some 5-11 point guards. So maybe they will not rebound as well as Skye Will at 6-0, but they might get a couple of rebounds by moving their feet. It would be nice to have some very athletic people, but at Ames we grow our team into roles now. We have a plan on how to play the game the old fashioned way. And yes, they might outrun us or outjump us (Kansas and Texas) but we will have heart and tenaciousness. And we will eventually take a shot after several passes. If you are not ready to deal with our type of game, we will win. If you are, it will be a long night for us. Thinking Princeton versus Memphis for starters. We will win our share of games, but we still need players who can put up some numbers so we can score at least 60 and win.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 116

Those Ponies you refer to were total talent players with nothing but team on their minds, playing with the discipline instilled in them since birth, were willing to step back in their "I'm the man" role to help the team move up a notch and would have never even considered leaving the team because of something silly like the coach cracking down on them for swearing in practice. I can not believe Gmac let them go.
    Boy doesn't that sound STUPID ???.................Discombobed, become a realist, not always the eternal pessimist.

I will be patient because I know the program will be a major player in the next couple years. GO GMAC :D

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I for one am not going to be patient. He had the ponies and ran them all off. [/b][/quote]

Sorry discomb, but I can't let you get by with slandering our coaches without calling you on it. No one has said ex-players included that any one was run off. I respect your right to your opinions on the coaching changes, but you lose all credibility when you make statements like that.
    [/b][/quote]

Totally agree, he does lose credibility with statements like that. BTW discombob, we kept the stud of the recruiting class in Cory Johnson, Westbrook is ridiculously overrated and P'Allen reclassified. O, I bet you wanted Jerome Habel though didn't you. Wayne was going to sign 210lb Jerome Habel wasn't he.. just the "power forward" that we needed right, but crap! He signed with powerhouse San Diego State! How can you seriously complain about the recruits GMAC has signed in this last month considering how late he got started? How can you honostly criticize him for that? Many recruiting analysts have had nothing but praise for GMAC's signings on such short notice. You think Wayne would've picked up some better players? O, you mean Ivan Chiraev? Or Theo Davis? Or Robert Faulkner? Please. How are their ISU careers coming along? Don't give me stars or ratings, I want to know how their ISU basketball careers are coming along?

Also, please prove to me how Taggart and Degand are studs. I want proof, because I have pretty decent basketball knowledge, and I have no proof that those two are "ponies" or whatever you called them. If you think Westbrook will be a stud go drink koolaid with the gophers. Will and Curtis were gone before GMAC so don't try to go there, even though you probably will, and in doing so, lose even more credibility.

ANF - America Needs Farmers - Thank God Iowa State produces-educates-supports them!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 23

He's just grasping at straws to try to discredit the team and the new coaching staff. He's disliked them from the beginning.

I just wonder what he was saying when we were losing all our basketball games during the Big 12 season. Was he positive on Morgan? If he was, then his credibility is shot.

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,022
    Given: 206

Wayne might of brought in some good players , but he failed to coach any of them. The only reason we made any sort of a tournament his first 2 years was because of the discipline that Vroman, Homan, and Sullivan put of their fellow teammates. Wayne did not discipline his players at all. He gave this team to Stinson, and they went nowhere. They failed to ever run any sort of an offence at any point this last season, and they only reason they succeeded as much as they did was because of the pressure defense they played. Any person who says they enjoyed watching this team play last year is of CRACK! For the players we had last year...there is no reason we should have been as bad as we were. There is no reason we should not have at least went to the NIT, and there is no reason we should have been the 10th best team in the Big 12. Wayne was a lousy coach, and I will be surprised if he is ever the head coach in a big name conference again. Criticize GMAC all you want, but I am going to give him a few years. Unlike Morgan, he has pretty much had to rebuild this whole program in limited time. Unlike Morgan, he did not inherit a single big name player. However, I think in his 3rd year, he will be a HELL of a lot more successful then Morgan was.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Discombulated serves a need on these boards, he stirs up the masses. Otherwise, these message boards would be pretty boring. He is the Steave Deace of Cyclone Fanatic. I guess only time will tell about GMac's success at ISU. I look at him to bring in less athletic players than Morgan, however they will play a more structured offense than Morgan and ultimately more successful. His teams in my opinion will be more like Floyd's than LE's. I don't recall his UNI teams running all that much, now if they win like Floyd's I'll be happy.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

[/b][/quote]

Totally agree, he does lose credibility with statements like that. BTW discombob, we kept the stud of the recruiting class in Cory Johnson, Westbrook is ridiculously overrated and P'Allen reclassified. O, I bet you wanted Jerome Habel though didn't you. Wayne was going to sign 210lb Jerome Habel wasn't he.. just the "power forward" that we needed right, but crap! He signed with powerhouse San Diego State! How can you seriously complain about the recruits GMAC has signed in this last month considering how late he got started? How can you honostly criticize him for that? Many recruiting analysts have had nothing but praise for GMAC's signings on such short notice. You think Wayne would've picked up some better players? O, you mean Ivan Chiraev? Or Theo Davis? Or Robert Faulkner? Please. How are their ISU careers coming along? Don't give me stars or ratings, I want to know how their ISU basketball careers are coming along?

Also, please prove to me how Taggart and Degand are studs. I want proof, because I have pretty decent basketball knowledge, and I have no proof that those two are "ponies" or whatever you called them. If you think Westbrook will be a stud go drink koolaid with the gophers. Will and Curtis were gone before GMAC so don't try to go there, even though you probably will, and in doing so, lose even more credibility.
    [/b][/quote]

I want proof that you have pretty decent basketball knowledge. It seems that it is okay for you to rip discombobulated for his opinions, but all you come back at him with are your opinions. At this point who knows which one of you is correct. But to bash someone for his opinion just because you disagree is pretty lame.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

What proof do you have that he didn't run them off. Tagggs and WB botrh said that he was the reason they are gone period. Westbrook is sooo oover rated, he is still in the top 150, and you have NEVER seen him play, but god knows cmac is 10000000000000x's better cause you say so. None of you people knows a damn thing more than me, yet you get on here an try to puff your selves up by using words you don't understand like slander, and insult players who left after one year or without ever stepping on campus, saying they are thugs or lazy, or stupid, or weak yet you all sit back and salivate at the idea of getting one of these last minute recruits who by all accounts actually do have those problems. I am not being negative, it is called realistic. We will not win in the 12 with a bunch of last second recruits, unranked players, and guys with interest from drexel and uni, we won't even compete.
    What is Mcd's excuse going to be this year? why do I have to sit through his crap, and it is excused despite his 6 or whatever recruits and a wasted scholly on the bench in AT, but morgan in a year of all new bigs is expected to win the national title? I expect this season will be teriible, and barring some OKST. tragity from a few years back, Mcd has absolutely no excuse except for what he himself has done with his actions. He could have chosen to persue the former OK committs, he didn't want them. He could be not so much of a wanna be drll sergant in practice, and kept players, he chose to run them off.
    At least with theo, and Ivan, we were on the national recruiting scene. Although they never showed because say it with me ALL OF THESE LATE RECRUITS HAVE PROBLEMS, they always do, it gave us a top ranked recruiting class, and we all got excited for the next year. Sure it sucked when they didn't make it, but the next year we got another who made it all the way to campus before the NCAA screwed us. What do we have this year? At least I won't be too crushed when a few don't make it to campus, i never thought we'd be good next year anyways.

Let the bid to become the newest conf. USA team begin