Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 2,977, Level: 15
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    12
    Points
    2,977
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Chris Babb's game by game value

    We all know Chris Babb is an amazing defender. I want it quantified for all to see--I want a table with a row for each game and with the following columns, where 'CB Opponent' is the guy Babb guarded:

    CB Opponent's ppg average (at that point in time)
    CB Opponent's ppg average (now)
    CB Opponent's points (that game)

    I realize it would be difficult to see who he actually guarded, and if he actually guarded that person the whole game. It could even be the top scorer on each team (just assume that Babb guarded the highest scorer).

    Yes, I'm a lurker and I'm lazy--but I thought maybe a fellow CF would be up for a Friday challenge.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 100,791, Level: 98
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    khaal53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,413
    Points
    100,791
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

    Re: Chris Babb's game by game value

    Quote Originally Posted by kludger View Post
    We all know Chris Babb is an amazing defender. I want it quantified for all to see--I want a table with a row for each game and with the following columns, where 'CB Opponent' is the guy Babb guarded:

    CB Opponent's ppg average (at that point in time)
    CB Opponent's ppg average (now)
    CB Opponent's points (that game)

    I realize it would be difficult to see who he actually guarded, and if he actually guarded that person the whole game. It could even be the top scorer on each team (just assume that Babb guarded the highest scorer).

    Yes, I'm a lurker and I'm lazy--but I thought maybe a fellow CF would be up for a Friday challenge.
    Not exactly what you were looking for but close...took the top scoring players from each game that Babb could have/did guard. In some cases I put two guys on there for a game because he guarded them both and there is no way to discern how many points the scored against him.

    Anyway, the first section is how they fared against ISU and the second section is their conference averages as of today.

    A rundown from my memory...

    He spent little time guarding Taylor in Lawrence.
    McGruder only got 2 pts against him in half court offense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b12 scoring leaders vs isu.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	11117  




    I'm on Twitter: @khaal53

  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 11,435, Level: 32
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on Hwy 30
    Posts
    674
    Points
    11,435
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: Chris Babb's game by game value

    Too bad Bubu isn't a little better offensively. We could use his defense on the other guards when Babb is taking out the #2/#3.

    I think he had two TOs in his limited time on Wed.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 28,505, Level: 51
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclone1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    1,483
    Points
    28,505
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Chris Babb's game by game value

    wow, Nash and Page were a nightmare for us this year. Easily explains why we split the series.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 214,219, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,029
    Points
    214,219
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 0

    Re: Chris Babb's game by game value

    *Chris Bob



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 43,628, Level: 64
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,803
    Points
    43,628
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 10

    Re: Chris Babb's game by game value

    Quote Originally Posted by Max57 View Post
    Too bad Bubu isn't a little better offensively. We could use his defense on the other guards when Babb is taking out the #2/#3.

    I think he had two TOs in his limited time on Wed.
    Was his first time playing in over a month. I didn't come out and expect him to light it up.



  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 2,977, Level: 15
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    12
    Points
    2,977
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Chris Babb's game by game value

    Well done khaal! The FGM/FGA is interesting. Steven Pledger made his average (in the first matchup) but went 5-14. Not exactly lights out. It'll be interesting to see this chart at the end of the season. Maybe I can put in some work to make that happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by khaal53 View Post
    Not exactly what you were looking for but close...took the top scoring players from each game that Babb could have/did guard. In some cases I put two guys on there for a game because he guarded them both and there is no way to discern how many points the scored against him.

    Anyway, the first section is how they fared against ISU and the second section is their conference averages as of today.

    A rundown from my memory...

    He spent little time guarding Taylor in Lawrence.
    McGruder only got 2 pts against him in half court offense.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 21,873, Level: 45
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cymaniac17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Frick Park Market
    Posts
    1,390
    Points
    21,873
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Chris Babb's game by game value

    Quote Originally Posted by khaal53 View Post
    Not exactly what you were looking for but close...took the top scoring players from each game that Babb could have/did guard. In some cases I put two guys on there for a game because he guarded them both and there is no way to discern how many points the scored against him.

    Anyway, the first section is how they fared against ISU and the second section is their conference averages as of today.

    A rundown from my memory...

    He spent little time guarding Taylor in Lawrence.
    McGruder only got 2 pts against him in half court offense.
    Aside from both of the OK State games and the first Kansas game, Babb's defense has been amazing. Nash, Page and Taylor have got the best of him but Nash is just to big and athletic and a future lottery pick. Also, there is no reason Babb should be guarding Page in the first place. Page is MAYBE 5'9 and Babb is 6'5... Babb had to guard him because no one else could. Hopefully Bubu and Mcgee can help with guarding smaller guards vs mizzou and baylor and in the tourny.


    Hard work beats talent, When talent doesnt work hard.

    Take it Sleazy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM