Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 25,450, Level: 48
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    HuddleUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    613
    Points
    25,450
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Hoping for a KSU letdown

    They're coming off two difficult road wins and probably the two best games they've played this year. Of their seven conference losses, three came at their place. I'll be surprised if they don't struggle a little bit to keep that momentum going. I think we'll come out sharp after last night's sleeper. If Babb shuts McGruder down, we have a great chance. 73-67 ISU.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 717,781, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,682
    Points
    717,781
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 239

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    We just need to set the tempo, and play aggressively like we did in the last 13 minutes. Their offense is none too impressive after McGruder, and I have no reason to expect Babb not to go Babb on him again.

    One of the keys will be adjusting to how the refs call the game.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 58,093, Level: 74
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,800
    Points
    58,093
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 9

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    I looked the box score for their game against Mizzou. McGruder had 24 and one other person had double digits. We all know that McGruder is not going to go for 24 with Babb in his face.

    Babb is probably going to be sitting next to him in the locker room before the game.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 56,479, Level: 73
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Acylum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,138
    Points
    56,479
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 145

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Keep hoping - huge game for them too.


    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 68,241, Level: 81
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,509
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,249
    Points
    68,241
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by HuddleUp View Post
    They're coming off two difficult road wins and probably the two best games they've played this year. Of their seven conference losses, three came at their place. I'll be surprised if they don't struggle a little bit to keep that momentum going. I think we'll come out sharp after last night's sleeper. If Babb shuts McGruder down, we have a great chance. 73-67 ISU.
    KSU has been very impressive. I thought for sure they would go 0-4 during their gauntlet, and they finished 2-2 with road wins at Baylor and at Missouri. As much as I want to hate Frank Martin, dude is a hell of a coach. (At least I can still hate their fans!).

    KSU is a team that can struggle offensively (they only scored 18 points in first half at home against KU).

    Key will be for Babb to shut down McGruder, and we have to have a solid 3 point shooting night from Allen, Scotty and maybe Tyrus.

    Fact is they pretty much had us beat at our place. A win at Manhattan would be huge. But agree we might be catching them at a good time.

    If we don't beat them, looks like KSU can win out and maybe overtake us for fourth. Even if we tie and get the tiebreaker (win over KU), sucks to have to play KSU in KC in 4/5 game.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 34,711, Level: 57
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUCY23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,794
    Points
    34,711
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 9

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    We just need to set the tempo, and play aggressively like we did in the last 13 minutes. Their offense is none too impressive after McGruder, and I have no reason to expect Babb not to go Babb on him again.

    One of the keys will be adjusting to how the refs call the game.
    This. If the refs let things get out of hand, I don't like our chances. Especially on the road.


    "Watch out for the Cyclones. We comin," Korie Lucious.

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 380,762, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,547
    Points
    380,762
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 112

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    It will be real rough. We need to play well on the road.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 274,405, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,332
    Points
    274,405
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 7

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    KSU just had two impressive road wins, it's now time for us to have two impressive road wins to match them.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 717,781, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,682
    Points
    717,781
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 239

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCY23 View Post
    This. If the refs let things get out of hand, I don't like our chances. Especially on the road.
    I don't know- in our game with them at Hilton, as soon as our players figured out that they could hand check and put a body into a guy, they did fine. They certainly were used to that based on the officiating from any other game this season.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 294,192, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    17,276
    Points
    294,192
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 195

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I don't know- in our game with them at Hilton, as soon as our players figured out that they could hand check and put a body into a guy, they did fine. They certainly were used to that based on the officiating from any other game this season.

    I can't help but think those will be called on us in Manhattan. That statistical analysis of fouls shows that the home team is ALWAYS (across the board in the BigXII) called for more fouls than the visiting team.

    We need to adjust, play through it, and probably get some solid defense from our bench, especially Bubu, Booker and Gibson.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 259,651, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    13,371
    Points
    259,651
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 59

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    I'm predicting we will see our first ISU OT game of the season. ISU wins 85-84 after 2 OT's.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 25,450, Level: 48
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    HuddleUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    613
    Points
    25,450
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Acylum View Post
    Keep hoping - huge game for them too.
    No question. They tend to struggle at home for whatever reason. If we keep McGruder in check, we have a chance. I'm sure the coaches will be watching a lot of the OU win at Bramlage. That was a big game for them too. They were coming off another home loss to Baylor. They still lost even with OU in foul trouble most of the game.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 33,861, Level: 56
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DurangoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    1,707
    Points
    33,861
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by djcubby View Post
    I looked the box score for their game against Mizzou. McGruder had 24 and one other person had double digits. We all know that McGruder is not going to go for 24 with Babb in his face.

    Babb is probably going to be sitting next to him in the locker room before the game.

    Just spit water on my computer screen. I'd like to see a sports center commercial with Babb (I realize this would have to be an NBA Player though) in it hanging out with whomever they're going to guard that night during the day. Maybe ISU staff can get this done though.
    Thanks,


    Last edited by DurangoCy; 02-23-2012 at 11:51 AM.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 717,781, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,682
    Points
    717,781
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 239

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    I can't help but think those will be called on us in Manhattan. That statistical analysis of fouls shows that the home team is ALWAYS (across the board in the BigXII) called for more fouls than the visiting team.

    We need to adjust, play through it, and probably get some solid defense from our bench, especially Bubu, Booker and Gibson.
    You have a point. I just looked at their home losses to Baylor, OU and KU, and I believe each had more fouls than purple Kansas in those games (Baylor had 27!). Interestingly, I think each also shot more free throws, so a lot of the fouls were of the non-shooting variety.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 23,974, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    chrishull14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cyclone City
    Posts
    1,006
    Points
    23,974
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Hoping for a KSU letdown

    Quote Originally Posted by DurangoCy View Post
    Just spit water on my computer screen. I'd like to see a sports center commercial with Babb (I realize this would have to be an NBA Player though) in it hanging out with whomever they're going to guard that night during the day. Maybe ISU staff can get this done though.
    Thanks,

    Scene opens in a dark room. Rodney McGruder's alarm goes off and Chris shuts it off as the two guys exchange "Good Morning" pleasantries. McGruder proceeds to get ready and go about his day on campus with Babb right beside him. Breakfast, class, practice, etc. People keep giving the two guys odd looks as they pass by.

    At practice, one of the trainers sees to "duo" and says: Hey Coach Martin! What is that guy doing with Rodney? Coach says: That's Chris Babb, we're playing the Cyclones next. Trainer: Good luck with that!!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM