Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Anxiety

I was Diagnosed with Anxiety today. With out Royce White being so public about his condition I dont think I would have ever went and saw a doctor. if you are worried about being anxious you should see your doctor or a counselor they can help you.

Iowa state is so lucky to have Royce white, he is inspiring people like myself

CyBer

Re: Anxiety

I've had Anxiety issues for a long time, I used to take xanax or klonopin for things. Exposure to things that make you anxious helps tremendously, and I put myself in situations where I knew I would be anxious on purpose. I no longer take medication for my issues and I'm feeling almost 100% normal now a days. Royce is helping himself deal with his issues by exposing himself to what bothers him.

I used to get sweaty palms all the time and feel like I was going to have a heart attack (for no reason).

I think me being an EMT earlier in life caused me a lot of problems.

Rookie
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've been dealing with it for over 10 years. I was on medication for a few but took myself off of it. Might need to go back on it soon, which sucks.I would get sick to my stomache and dry heave. I do that every once in a great while. My problem now is muscle cramping. I feel like I have the flu 24 hrs. a day.

"Bring it all to the table. Don't hold nothin' back," he said. "I want you. I want the ball. I want your head. I throw my body into 'em and hit them." - #23 Leonard Johnson

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 97

Quote Originally Posted by cymate View Post
    I was Diagnosed with Anxiety today. With out Royce White being so public about his condition I dont think I would have ever went and saw a doctor. if you are worried about being anxious you should see your doctor or a counselor they can help you.

Iowa state is so lucky to have Royce white, he is inspiring people like myself
    Let Royce know!

Legend
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 60

Mine developed when my mom got cancer 4 years ago. It was at it's peak when I watched her die from it 8 months later. Took me a solid 6 months to get it under control but I notice I still don't handle difficult challenges as easy as I used to. It's a hard thing to get a grip on it. Glad you found help.

Quote Originally Posted by AltHawk View Post
    Why would it? One bad game doesn't change a thing. Iowa will still be a darkhorse B1G championship contender, and Iowa State will be lucky to make the NIT.

If you ask the basketball analysts outside the state of Iowa I think you would be surprised to hear their responses. Iowa was pegged as a preseason top 5 team by one ESPN analyst and is ranked in the vast, vast majority of preseason top 25 polls

Speechless
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 34

Calm down, bro!

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 50

Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    Calm down, bro!
    Not coming down on you; I know you're just joking. But unfortunately, this is the attitude that much of the public has about mental health issues like anxiety and depression. Many people think that if someone is suffering from one of these conditions, that they simply need to 'snap out of it'

I wish more people recognized the severity of these conditions. Props to the OP for getting help

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    Let Royce know!
    This! Royce would be happy to know that he's helped someone out!

KCCO

Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

Rookie
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Mine developed when my mom got cancer 4 years ago. It was at it's peak when I watched her die from it 8 months later. Took me a solid 6 months to get it under control but I notice I still don't handle difficult challenges as easy as I used to. It's a hard thing to get a grip on it. Glad you found help.
    Hey 43, props to you for your avatar...that is bad ***.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 9

I've been meaning to ask-What are some symptoms of actually having an anxiety issue? I mean, I worry constantly about things (work, relationships, things working out in general) but I guess I have always thought that I am just pretty tightly wound. I don't have attacks where I can't breathe or anything but all you guys saying you have issues and me seeming to worry more than is normal has got me wondering.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by CarlHungus View Post
    Not coming down on you; I know you're just joking. But unfortunately, this is the attitude that much of the public has about mental health issues like anxiety and depression. Many people think that if someone is suffering from one of these conditions, that they simply need to 'snap out of it'

I wish more people recognized the severity of these conditions. Props to the OP for getting help
    +1
    This can be severe and can escalate to much more severe issues. I know couple of friends who have the similar issues and it was such a struggle to see them suffer, not being able to enjoy their lives like they used to do.

A good friend used to be the happiest man on earth until anxiety struck him and completely changed him. It took almost several months after frequent doctor visits before his physician said that there was nothing wrong with his health and suggested him to talk to a psychiatrist who helped him through the "dark" period. Now he can enjoy his life again although sometimes he still feels the anxiety coming back.

Good for OP to get help and hopefully this encourage the others to seek help or dig further to figure out whether things are merely physical or because of mental issues.

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I've been meaning to ask-What are some symptoms of actually having an anxiety issue? I mean, I worry constantly about things (work, relationships, things working out in general) but I guess I have always thought that I am just pretty tightly wound. I don't have attacks where I can't breathe or anything but all you guys saying you have issues and me seeming to worry more than is normal has got me wondering.
    Great questions that I too would like to know the answers to...

ANF - America Needs Farmers - Thank God Iowa State produces-educates-supports them!

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    Could be anything: physical or mental or both. I've been reading articles about this because it becomes more prevalent in the society and I've had friends suffering from anxiety.

One of my friends was really stressed out, thinking that he was having cancer and then because the body produces a lot of adrenaline, he became really tight. Next, the muscles became tight and started trembling, which caused him to think that he had ALS. So basically it was like a vicious circle: once you have a negative feeling, the feeling feeds your mind and your body reacts to that.

Others suffer from back pain, others suffer from insomnia, etc. Some people start to suffer from Global Hystericus (a feeling of having a lump in your throat, which people think is an indicate of throat cancer)

All-Star
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re:Anxiety

do your worries keep you from performing simple tasks sleeping relationship issues etc look some stuff up on the iternet

All-Star
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re:Anxiety

If i had a reply button this would be much easier. In my case my body creates adrenalin Over stupid things it might be a conversation i had with someone. When i lose my keys wallet etc which is daily my body freaks out creating fear and makes my body over work. Which can lead to severe negative effects on the body can cause heart attack stroke and cancer. I am not a doctor nor do i play one in a movie but this can be awful. An example is when royce woke up in the middle of the might terrified he would miss free throws to lose the game any normal person would not have had this. It is a serious mental issue it effects your daily routine to the point where you can perform