Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: 2013 recruits

  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 5,500, Level: 21
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    177
    Points
    5,500
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    2013 recruits

    are there any other recruits for 2013 besides jadda buckley?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 42,229, Level: 63
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    42,229
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Likely Vanloo will come in 2013 if paperwork and NCAA work out. You might want to join the WBB group. Recruiting is talked about in there more in detail. Also, MRed has a scholly spreadsheet, maybe he would share that link again, off hand I don't have it bookmarked. I don't think there is much room for another guard in 2013, though there might already be an offer or two still out there, my guess is 2013 will see another post or two before a guard. Come 2013, HC would be a senior, and then we would only have Mays, Ellis, and Biaer.

    Keep in mind, BF is not one to max schollies for the sake of it. He doesn't like filling the roster and having players not play, as many of the big schools do. Shame that Stanford, Tn, and the like have All-American bench warmers.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,962, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,906
    Points
    66,962
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    I'm pretty sure Vanloo would be 2012 (this fall) since she was originally going to be 2011.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,962, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,906
    Points
    66,962
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits


  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,962, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,906
    Points
    66,962
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    There's not a whole lot of info on 2013 recruiting targets. An earlier thread mentioned that Ally Disterhoft (Iowa City West), Shaya Kellog (Ames), and Chatrice White (a 2014 from Shelby, NE) attended the Baylor game.

    Other likely 2013 targets from various sources: Savanna Trapp (Esko, MN), Rebekah Dahlman (Braham, MN), and Kelsey Lang (The Woodlands, TX)



  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 5,500, Level: 21
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    177
    Points
    5,500
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Prep Star of the Week: Lexi Leneau of Warren Township

    what do we know about this? are all of our schollies filled up for next year?



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,962, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,906
    Points
    66,962
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    We have one scholarship available for 2012. I don't know if she's a potential scholarship basketball player, a potential walk-on, or looking to play softball (where she is also very good).



  8. #8
    Prospect
    Points: 5,290, Level: 21
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    43
    Points
    5,290
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    We have one scholarship available for 2012. I don't know if she's a potential scholarship basketball player, a potential walk-on, or looking to play softball (where she is also very good).
    Well, it looks like several ISU WBB players follow her on twitter, and I don't see any softball players that do ...so my guess is that it must be basketball.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 11,478, Level: 32
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    697
    Points
    11,478
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by wbbnut View Post
    Well, it looks like several ISU WBB players follow her on twitter, and I don't see any softball players that do ...so my guess is that it must be basketball.
    Interestingly, she tweets that she is making her decision after a final visit to Grand Valley State today. She may be a good basketball player but doesn't leave a great impression on twitter.

    Last visit & hopefully making my decision as to where I'm playing not to long after #decision
    9:41 AM - 25 Feb 12



  10. #10
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,045, Level: 24
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubuque, IA
    Posts
    336
    Points
    7,045
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by cydney View Post
    Interestingly, she tweets that she is making her decision after a final visit to Grand Valley State today. She may be a good basketball player but doesn't leave a great impression on twitter.

    Last visit & hopefully making my decision as to where I'm playing not to long after #decision
    9:41 AM - 25 Feb 12

    Interestingly, Janel Burgess is the head coach of Grand Valley State. She played at ISU on the early Fennelly teams, graduating in 98.



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Points: 5,500, Level: 21
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    177
    Points
    5,500
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    yesterday she tweeted that her dad wants her to go to school in florida.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 11,478, Level: 32
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    697
    Points
    11,478
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by Cysister View Post
    Interestingly, Janel Burgess is the head coach of Grand Valley State. She played at ISU on the early Fennelly teams, graduating in 98.
    This might mean ISU is not going after her with a scholarship. It may be that ISU tipped off GVSU to take a look.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,962, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,906
    Points
    66,962
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by cydney View Post
    This might mean ISU is not going after her with a scholarship. It may be that ISU tipped off GVSU to take a look.
    Given the quality of offers she seems to have, that seems likely. Maybe BF has offered her a walk-on spot (not something he generally does), or maybe she's just considering going to ISU to try out for a spot.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 13,170, Level: 34
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    499
    Points
    13,170
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    There's not a whole lot of info on 2013 recruiting targets. An earlier thread mentioned that Ally Disterhoft (Iowa City West), Shaya Kellog (Ames), and Chatrice White (a 2014 from Shelby, NE) attended the Baylor game.

    Other likely 2013 targets from various sources: Savanna Trapp (Esko, MN), Rebekah Dahlman (Braham, MN), and Kelsey Lang (The Woodlands, TX)

    Not sure if anyone on CycloneFanatic stayed to watch the men's game after the women's, but I believe Savanna was down on the floor talking to the coaches after the game tonight.



  15. #15
    Walk On
    Points: 5,500, Level: 21
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    177
    Points
    5,500
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 2013 recruits

    Quote Originally Posted by simville02 View Post
    Not sure if anyone on CycloneFanatic stayed to watch the men's game after the women's, but I believe Savanna was down on the floor talking to the coaches after the game tonight.
    i saw that too. she looks like the jocelyn anderson type



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM