Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 465

Big Mac: A little upset?

In todays Rag, there is an article about our defense.

a few snipetts from Dan.

"because this stuff about having to outscore everybody is some happy horse crap."

"Would I rather go out on the field and have Kurtis Taylor in the mix? Hell yes,"

"We know they're going to make mistakes - (quarterback) Bret Meyer's going to make mistakes. I'm going to make mistakes.

I don't want to, I'm not planning on it, but it's going to happen.

"How you react and respond to that mistake is what it's all about."

I love the fact he is responding to the negativity out there. I expect that fire in his quotes will transfer to the players on the field. In my optomistic eyes, I see us shutting down Toledo as DMac sees it.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Addict
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,921
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 33
    Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    "because this stuff about having to outscore everybody is some happy horse crap."
    Horse crap has emotions?

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    I guess I'm going to have to learn to enjoy happy horse crap. Because unless a new rule was instated... I think the only way to win a football game is to outscore the opponents.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco7sc View Post
    I guess I'm going to have to learn to enjoy happy horse crap. Because unless a new rule was instated... I think the only way to win a football game is to outscore the opponents.
    Well of course. Yet we all know exactly what D-Mac was referring to.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I would like Coach McCarney to be excited but maybe try to express his thoughts in a way that is not what some consider low class. "happy horse crap", "smoking bad weed", swearing, etc. To me, a great deal of what he says does not come across as professional.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    I love the way Mac talks, there are only so many canned and repeated interview quotes I can stand before it just gets plain ridiculous.

And I've never heard of Mac swearing while being interviewed. Maybe on the field, but I doubt we're going to find more than 5 coaches anywhere who don't drop an f-bomb here and there. Heck my 7th grade football coached swore.

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCooper View Post
    I would like Coach McCarney to be excited but maybe try to express his thoughts in a way that is not what some consider low class. "happy horse crap", "smoking bad weed", swearing, etc. To me, a great deal of what he says does not come across as professional.
    The late Bob Devaney had just as much fire and emotion, if not more than Dan McCarney. Check your political correctness at the door, this is football, not ballet.

Last edited by garn91; 08-30-2006 at 11:19 AM.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Mac isn't canned?

That's the 1st time I've ever heard THAT hahahahaha I can't listen to his postgames cuz they are EXACTLY the same reply of his comments of each postgame for the last 10 years. Pregame too. All you have to do is fill in the blanks for the opponent's name.

He loves to ask himself questions too. Nobody asked him if he'd like to have Kurtis Taylor, he asked himself. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's our coach. I just cannot stomach his (or many coaches') post-game or pre-game drivel. I value my time too much for that. And on another site I have pledged to donate $1 for every time he says "no question" or "without a doubt" (or variations of) in each post-game report this year. I will have to read them in the Rag of course, can't listen.

Go Cyclones!

All-Star
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 990
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneSteel View Post
    That's the 1st time I've ever heard THAT hahahahaha I can't listen to his postgames cuz they are EXACTLY the same reply of his comments of each postgame for the last 10 years. Pregame too. All you have to do is fill in the blanks for the opponent's name.

He loves to ask himself questions too. Nobody asked him if he'd like to have Kurtis Taylor, he asked himself. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's our coach. I just cannot stomach his (or many coaches') post-game or pre-game drivel. I value my time too much for that. And on another site I have pledged to donate $1 for every time he says "no question" or "without a doubt" (or variations of) in each post-game report this year.
    Go Cyclones!

"I'm really proud of these kids, they've been playing really hard all year. This was a tremendous victory over a tremendous (school name here) football team. (Coach Name) did a terrific job of getting them ready to play Iowa State, no doubt about it."

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCooper View Post
    LMAO! Not professional? C'mon...clearly you have not watched/listened to many coach's interviews in your day. D-Mac is by far more professional than most when it comes to interviews. So professional in fact, many of us see it as too watered down and not enough emotion.

I like what I'm seeing out of him as of late. More fire at the podium...less tolerance for the slander towards ISU, etc. I hope all that carries over onto the field.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by zdorr40 View Post
    "I'm really proud of these kids, they've been playing really hard all year. This was a tremendous victory over a tremendous (school name here) football team. (Coach Name) did a terrific job of getting them ready to play Iowa State, no doubt about it."
    Every coach does this. Toledo's coach in his press conference kept referring to Iowa State as outstanding, outstanding, outstanding.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    I didn't mean to make it sound like Mac doesn't repeat himself, because he's been doing the same schtick for years. This is why I'm thankful for the smoking bad weed comments, and the happy horse crap comments. Break up the monotony.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

$1 Every Time?

"No question"

"Without a doubt"

You'd better be starting out as a millionaire!

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Yes I am a little concerned

But I'll put my money where my mouth is!! In fact, I am going to try to keep track during NFL and College telecasts (with my laptop handy) -of every time an announcer or coach uses it in a ridiculous way. Such as "there's no question he could play today" or there's no question he's improved as much as anybody on the team".

Makes me laugh in annoyance at these imbeciles that aren't intelligent enough to reply immediately. Instead their brain insists on them uttering "no question" or "no doubt" or "ya know" -while they try to decide how they're going to answer. It's a genuine epidemic and is really making it hard for me to enjoy Football!! And yes it's way more of a football (and NFL) thing than any other sport for some reason.

Go Cyclones!

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneSteel View Post
    But I'll put my money where my mouth is!! In fact, I am going to try to keep track during NFL and College telecasts (with my laptop handy) -of every time an announcer or coach uses it in a ridiculous way. Such as "there's no question he could play today" or there's no question he's improved as much as anybody on the team".

Makes me laugh in annoyance at these imbeciles that aren't intelligent enough to reply immediately. Instead their brain insists on them uttering "no question" or "no doubt" or "ya know" -while they try to decide how they're going to answer. It's a genuine epidemic and is really making it hard for me to enjoy Football!! And yes it's way more of a football (and NFL) thing than any other sport for some reason.

Go Cyclones!
    Mayhaps...if the post-game interviews bother you so...you could....

A. Ignore them.

B. Take up watching water polo instead of football.