Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Are you ready for some football?

Two ISU games listed in top 12 games to watch this fall by Missouri paper. Interesting list. #'s 1, 2, & 4 should be very interesting non ISU games.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2006/May/20...0514Spor007.asp

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" - Winston Churchill

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Re: Are you ready for some football?

Well I could have guessed that the ISU vs Iowa game was going to be one of our 2 games but I was really surprised to see the Toledo game on there too. How good are they supposed to be? I know that they made it to a bowl game last year but did they get there by unexpectently winning their conference or what?

I really hope that we can start the season off with a win but what does everyone else think about this matchup?

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 27

we have a lot more talent than toledo, but we play really crappy in our first game.. Toledo usually has a solid offense (passing) and this could be bad news, especially with the defensive question marks... we have the talent to win, but this could be closer than we want it to be...

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Toledo loses a lot from last year, including most of their offense. While it is true that they return 8 starters on offense and 7 on defense, it's WHO they lost that will be a problem for them, I believe.

They lose their QB, Bruce Gradkowski, who was drafted, I think, and was mostly responsible for the good season (I believe he was their offensive MVP). They also lose their top two RBs (starter and backup) but they have several guys who played last year and one guy who redshirted last year after an injury. Four starters return on the O line. They lost several WRs, but their top guy returns and they have a lot of WRs as they run a lot of four WR sets. They list 12 WRs in their two deeps at four different positions. Their likely QB starter is a sophomore (6-3, 205) who completed 75 percent of his passes last year in spot duty, including one start against Fresno State when Gradkowski was injured. They lost to Fresno State 44-14.

On defense, they lose three of their four leading tacklers, including 2 inside LBs and a free safety. They also lose a CB and the top backup CB. The free safety is being moved to safety this year, I believe. They run a 3-4 defense, so their two outside LBs return. They lost their all-MAC placekicker too.

Their head coach just hates to punt too. He has gone for it on fourth down a whopping 34 percent of the time in his five seasons at Toledo. That's 154 times he's gone for it on fourth down, an average of about 2.5 times every game. And he's been successful about 56 percent of the time (87 times they made it).