Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Prospect ZooClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    new bracketology


  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 219,736, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    17,928
    Points
    219,736
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,609
    Given: 2,380

    Re: new bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by ZooClone View Post
    I haven't watched a lot of non-Big 12 college hoops this year, but if KU and Missouri are really both #1 seeds, the sky is the limit for ISU basketball this year.

    Is there really nobody better? KU has the tools if they're all firing, but I feel like the wheels could fall off for Mizzou at any time despite their incredible record and accomplishments.

    I'm a Big 12 homer and I have a hard time taking either of those teams to the final four even as #1 seeds.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 120,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,583
    Points
    120,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,254
    Given: 727

    Re: new bracketology

    A win at Baylor tonight I think would give outsiders a new outlook on this team.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 335,160, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,950
    Points
    335,160
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,962
    Given: 3,446

    Re: new bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    I haven't watched a lot of non-Big 12 college hoops this year, but if KU and Missouri are really both #1 seeds, the sky is the limit for ISU basketball this year.

    Is there really nobody better? KU has the tools if they're all firing, but I feel like the wheels could fall off for Mizzou at any time despite their incredible record and accomplishments.

    I'm a Big 12 homer and I have a hard time taking either of those teams to the final four even as #1 seeds.
    I think you're just being rational. It'd be silly to give any team other than Kentucky and maybe Michigan State a better than 33% chance to make the final 4 this year.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 187,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,863
    Points
    187,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 472
    Given: 1,090

    Re: new bracketology

    I just love staying ahead of the last 4 in group.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 187,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,863
    Points
    187,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 472
    Given: 1,090

    Re: new bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    A win at Baylor tonight I think would give outsiders a new outlook on this team.
    You would think so, but I have a feeling outsiders would just comment on Baylor being 4-5 in their last 9 games......

    while they wont realize that they havent lost to anyone besides KU and MU.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 75,202, Level: 85
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,348
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hiawatha, Iowa
    Posts
    6,284
    Points
    75,202
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Re: new bracketology

    Ugh we need to be in the 8-9 game to play in Omaha? And if Kansas and Missouri stay number ones we will have no shot of playing there.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 278,771, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,150
    Points
    278,771
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 850
    Given: 1,537

    Re: new bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    You would think so, but I have a feeling outsiders would just comment on Baylor being 4-5 in their last 9 games......

    while they wont realize that they havent lost to anyone besides KU and MU.
    Pretty much like the so called "experts" of college hoops. Anybody outside of Mizzou, Kansas, Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina, or other power programs and these guys don't have a clue.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 126,150, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,583
    Points
    126,150
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 653
    Given: 213

    Re: new bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Pretty much like the so called "experts" of college hoops. Anybody outside of Mizzou, Kansas, Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina, or other power programs and these guys don't have a clue.
    You would consider Mizzou a power program? They are having a nice year, but they don't belong on the college football mount rushmore like those other programs. If we win at the level they have this year, we would get plenty of national attention too.



  10. #10
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 288,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    19,753
    Points
    288,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,165
    Given: 1,485

    Re: new bracketology

    I'm surprised a loss at Okie State knocked us so much in the public eye.....Maybe because they don't have a great record. Need a huge win tonight.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 278,771, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,150
    Points
    278,771
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 850
    Given: 1,537

    Re: new bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    You would consider Mizzou a power program? They are having a nice year, but they don't belong on the college football mount rushmore like those other programs. If we win at the level they have this year, we would get plenty of national attention too.
    No, they just happen to be in the top 10 this year. The basketball experts only focus on top 10 teams and then any other "elite" or big name programs that are having a mediocre year. Other then that they don't know much about anybody else.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 278,771, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,150
    Points
    278,771
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 850
    Given: 1,537

    Re: new bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by mj4cy View Post
    I'm surprised a loss at Okie State knocked us so much in the public eye.....Maybe because they don't have a great record. Need a huge win tonight.
    Strange. The same Okie State team that beat Mizzou, should have beat Baylor, and was down 51-24 at the half in Lawrence against KU only to outscore them 42-30 in the second half and make it respectable.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 295,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,158
    Points
    295,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,308
    Given: 454

    Re: new bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post
    Ugh we need to be in the 8-9 game to play in Omaha? And if Kansas and Missouri stay number ones we will have no shot of playing there.
    I don't think first/second round locations are guaranteed certain seeds...I think that is all determined after the field is set based off a number of criteria, the most important being regional factors. Mizzou could just as easily end up in Nashville as they could Omaha.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 316,182, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,656
    Points
    316,182
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,691
    Given: 2,099

    Re: new bracketology

    Lunardi is insanely overrated.

    Having Belmont as a bubble team? Really?

    Or having UNLV and UNC in the same region when the committee tries to prevent regular season matchups...good one Lunardi.

    There's a reason he's the 27th most accurate bracketologist out there..there are way better out there.


    Cy$ Post of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNCyclone View Post
    Damn you embarrassing work thread... Just wet farted outside while on my way back to the office after lunch... Not sure of the damage yet, not really into asking random people on the sidewalk of they can tell if I crapped myself.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 20,591, Level: 43
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyFan987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,518
    Points
    20,591
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: new bracketology

    I'd much rather be a 10 seed than an 8/9 seed, plus (I know this is nowhere near what it will be) but Murray State then Ohio State could be two very winnable games.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM