Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Best Part of This Season....

After all these years we finally have something to cheer for again. I know there are some who like to emphasize the negatives about the team, or little mistakes. We all have to remember we are not out there, our team, the Cyclones ARE on the court!!

I am not casting criticism on anyone's view, we are all entitled to it. I just find it funny looking back during the nadir days of 2007-08 there were some posters who brought up names like Royce White and Chris Babb wondering why McD was not recruiting them. Others were saying we were better off without them! I think it is ironic that both of them are key players on one of the best teams we have had in a long time.

Growing up watching Cyclone MBB I have some great memories, so horrible let downs, but always a pride in the team and what it did. 86 Team making the Sweet 16, playing with some talent, a lot of heart, and a great crowd at home, being the ONLY Big 8 team to beat Kansas that year. On the opposite end of the spectrum the 01 season which started ominous, went so high, and ended so low(which I need NOT mention since everyone knows).

The whole point of this being that we CARED about our Cyclone MBB team through the triumphs, the tragedies and the human story of the game. The aspect that has hurt the most the past 6 years was that so many of us just stopped caring. This is not a beat up on McD post, there is more than enough of that to fill a library. However, the worst thing happened to ISU MBB during that time, we all stopped caring. I went from going out of my way on deployments to listen to the Cyclones, watch them beat Minnesota in 05 and get routed by NC, to checking scores, to finally not even caring.

When CFH showed up it gave some of us hope, all we had were memories of when it mattered to us. CFH was a first hand reminder of those memories. The first season started well, it got tough in the Big 12 but we were still excited to actually finish .500 and actually be in contention in the Big 12 tournament game.

There was a lot of hype on this season and we saw some of it become real and some terrible let downs. The turning point was after the MVSU game(oh by the way, MVSU has not lost since playing the Cyclones). CFH did something after that humiliating victory with this team, something McD did not do despite bringing in amazing talent. CFH had a team meeting, everyone vented, and suddenly this was a whole new team, playing together, working together and just really FUN to watch.

How can you not like these transfers, who are not transfers anymore but CYCLONES? Royce White overcoming his anxiety and difficulties with college life to become a great ALL around team player and student. Chris Allen playing a part of the team and without him the OK State game would not have been close. These guys are what we all have watched for years and the best part of the season has been watching it happen. For the first time since 2001, when many say ISU basketball took a nosedive, our team can win over 20 games. Whatever happens with the NCAA,(and yes I WANT to go, and I want the team to go FAR) I think this team will go even farther in the final games of the season. Even if they DO NOT, they have already given us a few things we have missed the past 6 years:

1. Hilton is ROCKING again, even against a lower tiered conference team, which for the past several years, was US.

2. Victory over the Jawhawks, a team we could always beat or compete against even in our rebuilding years.

3. We actually CARE!!

Thank you 2011-12 Cyclone Team and thank you CFH for truly bringing the magic back
    !!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 89

Re: Best Part of This Season....

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

"And for the rest of college football, welcome to utter BCS chaos."

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 4

Re:Best Part of This Season....

Is yet to come.....

CyBer

Go Cyclones!

Addict
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 3

It kinda saddens me that you became so jaded that you quit following the team for a while, although I do understand. It was hard for me to see this program down for so long, but I still put in the hours. Then Fred came back, and without him even coaching a game I knew we would rise again.

The beast is hungry.

Go Cyclones.

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 27

Great post. I think a lot of us from the 80-90 era got spoiled with the magic. Its exciting to feel the magic may be back.

CyBer

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Great post. I think a lot of us from the 80-90 era got spoiled with the magic. Its exciting to feel the magic is back.
    FIFY.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 242

Even last year we only had several close losses with only three 20 point road losses. We do not seem to have major slip ups.

In Fred we Trust new coin.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.