Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Niang, Okoro, and SDW

After seeing Georges on the telecast yesterday, I can't think of another time we've had such a good group of recruits coming in that we didn't need to contribute right away. Every other time we've brought in talented kids for as long as I can remember, people were talking about, e.g., Colvin/Dominique Buckley will be the starting PG next year.

These 3 are among the most talented recruits (non-transfers) the program has signed in the last 5-6 years, and I'm not sure any of them will play more than 15 minutes a game next year. We've just got too much talent scheduled to come back.

This, in my opinion, is one of the surest signs that Freddie has things headed in the right direction.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 243

Re: Niang, Okoro, and SDW

It's a great sign, and one I hope continues. Nothing like having a year to sit, watch, and mature before being asked to contribute.

I think Niang plays some, but Okoro and SDW only play in blowouts (which we hopefully have a few more than this year), mostly because we have more talent and depth than in the post, not necessarily because they aren't good.

Okoro and SDW (and Long/ Sledge) better be ready in 2013 to step up. Babb, Lucious, McGee, Clyburn will all be gone from the backcourt.

All-Star
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

All appear to be great students as well.

Rookie
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by 04clone View Post
    After seeing Georges on the telecast yesterday, I can't think of another time we've had such a good group of recruits coming in that we didn't need to contribute right away. Every other time we've brought in talented kids for as long as I can remember, people were talking about, e.g., Colvin/Dominique Buckley will be the starting PG next year.

These 3 are among the most talented recruits (non-transfers) the program has signed in the last 5-6 years, and I'm not sure any of them will play more than 15 minutes a game next year. We've just got too much talent scheduled to come back.

This, in my opinion, is one of the surest signs that Freddie has things headed in the right direction.

Stongly agree about them not needing to contribute right away. With what we have comming back next year, Almost the entire team minus Allen & Scotty. And Lucious & Clyburn now elgible to play. We hardley need them at all. Who know if Sledge & Long will be ready to contribute by next year also. The following year will be a BIG year for them to contribute.

Last edited by BigCojones; 02-12-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by BigCojones View Post
    Stongly disagree about them needing to contribute right away. With what we have comming back next year, Almost the entire team minus Allen & Scotty. And Lucious & Clyburn now elgible to play. We hardley need them at all. Who know if Sledge will be ready to contribute by next year also. The following year will be a BIG year for them to contribute.
    Re-read it slowly and see if you find a different message. Perhaps your cojones got in the way

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 174

Im more excited to see how much Gibson will improve in the offseason. I hate to judge an incoming class before they play a min. At this time last year many thought Sledge would be the starting PG this season.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 342

Is Sledge hurt or what? He didn't get in the game yesterday at all, did he?

I'm really beginning to wonder if he'll ever make an impact at ISU or not? Can anyone shed any light on what the prospects are for him at this point?

Addict
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,625
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 15

They don't need to contribute right away. Christopherson and Allen leaving right away. That's 20+ points/game, but we have other players PLUS Lucious and Clyburn coming in to play next year.

Honestly speaking, if Lucious and Clyburn do their jobs, I see us being even better next year than this.

Anyway, the last time we had this many legit good players coming in that didn't need to contribute right away was probably 2004 or 2005 under Morgan? He recruited quite a few top150 players successfully. Very glad to see it coming back.

Last edited by marothisu; 02-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Is Sledge hurt or what? He didn't get in the game yesterday at all, did he?

I'm really beginning to wonder if he'll ever make an impact at ISU or not? Can anyone shed any light on what the prospects are for him at this point?
    He has a pulled groin. lol@everyone speculating with this guy. Anytime he's not on the bench it must mean something! If he wasn't injured and didn't want to be here, he'd still be on the bench. Let's be real now.

Addict
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 342

As long as Royce comes back, I think there's no doubt that we'll be better next year.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Before anyone else responds to the OP, please read it again carefully.

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 243

Quote Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
    They don't need to contribute right away. You do realize we only have two players leaving next year because they are no longer eligible right? That would be Christopherson and Allen. Yeah, that's 20+ points/game, but we have other players PLUS Lucious and Clyburn coming in to play next year.

Honestly speaking, if Lucious and Clyburn do their jobs, I see us being even better next year than this.

Anyway, the last time we had this many legit good players coming in was probably 2004 or 2005 under Morgan. He recruited quite a few top150 players successfully. Very glad to see it coming back.
    You're the 2nd poster to miss the OP's point.

Pro
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 67

Please READ the original post right!!!

KCCO

Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 671
    Given: 471

Quote Originally Posted by BigCojones View Post
    Stongly disagree about them needing to contribute right away. With what we have comming back next year, Almost the entire team minus Allen & Scotty. And Lucious & Clyburn now elgible to play. We hardley need them at all. Who know if Sledge & Long will be ready to contribute by next year also. The following year will be a BIG year for them to contribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
    They don't need to contribute right away. You do realize we only have two players leaving next year because they are no longer eligible right? That would be Christopherson and Allen. Yeah, that's 20+ points/game, but we have other players PLUS Lucious and Clyburn coming in to play next year.
    I think both of you need to re-read the OP. Your "disagreements" are agreeing with what the OP wrote.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by klamath632 View Post
    I think both of you need to re-read the OP. Your "disagreements" are agreeing with what the OP wrote.
    I edited my statement before you posted this. Look above. My sunday morning reading comprehension at this point is pretty bad I realized after another poster pointed out re-reading.