Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Scalpers?

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 16,086, Level: 38
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Dormeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    1,158
    Points
    16,086
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Scalpers?

    So I'm looking to go to the ISU-Oklahoma men's basketball game on the 18th. Tried to get 2 tickets for my Dad and I to go but there were only single seats left available on the cyclones.com ticket site.

    Does anyone know what the scalper situation typically is at games? Will I easily be able to find some tickets? Will I be able to pay a somewhat reasonable price?

    I just don't want to drive all the way over from Cedar Rapids just to not be able to get tickets.

    Thanks for any info you can provide.



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,472, Level: 33
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    281
    Points
    12,472
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Scalpers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dormeezy View Post
    So I'm looking to go to the ISU-Oklahoma men's basketball game on the 18th. Tried to get 2 tickets for my Dad and I to go but there were only single seats left available on the cyclones.com ticket site.

    Does anyone know what the scalper situation typically is at games? Will I easily be able to find some tickets? Will I be able to pay a somewhat reasonable price?

    I just don't want to drive all the way over from Cedar Rapids just to not be able to get tickets.

    Thanks for any info you can provide.

    Yes



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 16,086, Level: 38
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Dormeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    1,158
    Points
    16,086
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Scalpers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydarm View Post
    Yes
    Great, thanks.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 406,091, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,142
    Points
    406,091
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 133

    Re: Scalpers?

    There will be scalpers out front, guaranteed.



  5. #5
    Recruit
    Points: 5,478, Level: 21
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ames
    Posts
    86
    Points
    5,478
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Scalpers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydarm View Post
    Yes
    Swing by Hilton about an hour before game time and look for a taller, bigger guy between the road and Hilton. I think his name is Cory. I've bought tickets from him quite a bit this season. Pry looking at $70-$80 for lower and $40ish for uppers that game if I had a guess. Good luck



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 27,983, Level: 51
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,370
    Points
    27,983
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

    Re: Scalpers?

    scalpers are all over south of Hilton.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 65,584, Level: 79
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 866
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,131
    Points
    65,584
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 39

    Re: Scalpers?

    I waited out front at the KU game and about 1:05 tickets started going very cheap. If your willing to miss a few minutes you'll get a great deal.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 110,457, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    6,245
    Points
    110,457
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 124

    Re: Scalpers?

    Quote Originally Posted by fattgregg View Post
    Swing by Hilton about an hour before game time and look for a taller, bigger guy between the road and Hilton. I think his name is Cory. I've bought tickets from him quite a bit this season. Pry looking at $70-$80 for lower and $40ish for uppers that game if I had a guess. Good luck
    There was a thread a while back, and I think that might be the same name mentioned on who to look for.
    I thought a scalper even posted on here.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 406,091, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,142
    Points
    406,091
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 133

    Re: Scalpers?

    Quote Originally Posted by JP4CY View Post
    There was a thread a while back, and I think that might be the same name mentioned on who to look for.
    I thought a scalper even posted on here.
    Yeah, i think its CycloneFanatic - View Profile: CJ4IOWASTATE



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 173,434, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    6,002
    Points
    173,434
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 24

    Re: Scalpers?

    If you pay attention to the ticket exchange board you can probably find someone selling tickets on here for a lot cheaper and they can transfer them via ticketmaster for a couple bucks extra.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM