Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 227
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 111,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,851
    Points
    111,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 282

    2013 Recruit Prospects

    There may be a thread out there, but nothing that seems recent. I'm hoping we can keep a running thread like the Basketball thread. I don't have a big football twitter-net set up like I do for basketball, but I may expand one...

    This name may not be new, but I'll start with the most recent name of interest I've seen:

    Christian Morgan, TE

    Christian Morgan - Yahoo! Sports

    Me likes! BIG kid, BIG time interest list.

    I'm hoping some of you more connected to football than I can add to this.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 417,546, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,304
    Points
    417,546
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,066
    Given: 734

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Who are the top 2013 state of Iowa guys?


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 111,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,851
    Points
    111,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 282

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects


  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 19,018, Level: 42
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    791
    Points
    19,018
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 12

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Don't know if it would be against the rules of posting but someone with an IowaPreps account should be able to tell us who the top Iowa prospects are



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 23,741, Level: 47
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    StormnClone58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,376
    Points
    23,741
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 52

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    not a sure fire list but a look at the some of the top returning players for the 2012 season ...

    IowaPreps.com - A look ahead at the Class of 2013


    Winners' Never Quit and Quitters' Never Win

  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,817
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Slow day at work, so I drifted through the rivals 250. Found some guys with offers/interest in ISU.

    Richy Klepal - Yahoo! Sports
    Offered, #246

    Nick Ramirez - Yahoo! Sports
    Teammate of Luke Knott. Interest only, #246

    David Kenney - Yahoo! Sports
    Teammate of Pierre Aka, Offered, #238

    Jake Campos - Yahoo! Sports
    Has been mentioned here before, offered, #204

    Vequan Jones - Yahoo! Sports
    Offered, #184

    Marcell Ateman - Yahoo! Sports
    Offered, #140

    J.T. Barrett - Yahoo! Sports
    Interest only, #134

    Logan Tuley-Tillman - Yahoo! Sports
    Offered, #109

    Max Redfield - Yahoo! Sports
    Interest only, #30



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 78,441, Level: 87
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,709
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    5,681
    Points
    78,441
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 607
    Given: 735

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post
    Slow day at work, so I drifted through the rivals 250. Found some guys with offers/interest in ISU.

    Richy Klepal - Yahoo! Sports
    Offered, #246

    Nick Ramirez - Yahoo! Sports
    Teammate of Luke Knott. Interest only, #246

    David Kenney - Yahoo! Sports
    Teammate of Pierre Aka, Offered, #238

    Jake Campos - Yahoo! Sports
    Has been mentioned here before, offered, #204

    Vequan Jones - Yahoo! Sports
    Offered, #184

    Marcell Ateman - Yahoo! Sports
    Offered, #140

    J.T. Barrett - Yahoo! Sports
    Interest only, #134

    Logan Tuley-Tillman - Yahoo! Sports
    Offered, #109

    Max Redfield - Yahoo! Sports
    Interest only, #30
    Is it normal to have offers out to that many 4 stars this early?


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 187,921, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    11,598
    Points
    187,921
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 543
    Given: 372

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by madcityCY View Post
    There may be a thread out there, but nothing that seems recent. I'm hoping we can keep a running thread like the Basketball thread. I don't have a big football twitter-net set up like I do for basketball, but I may expand one...

    This name may not be new, but I'll start with the most recent name of interest I've seen:

    Christian Morgan, TE

    Christian Morgan - Yahoo! Sports

    Me likes! BIG kid, BIG time interest list.

    I'm hoping some of you more connected to football than I can add to this.
    No chance now that Tulsa offered.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 311,481, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    17,637
    Points
    311,481
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,971
    Given: 4,554

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post
    We offered and went after their 2012 teammates Kyle Fuller and Terrell Burt pretty hard. That's probably why we offer these two guys so early. Unfortunately Fuller and Burt both picked Baylor.


    As for offering 4 stars this early, I'm pretty sure we had a bunch of early offers out to 4 stars last season as well. I think the staff tries to get in the door as soon as possible hoping that some of the kids remember who was after them early. It worked to our advantage with Big Dawg Williams this year. ISU went after him early and stuck with him even after his injury when a lot of bigger schools backed off. I think that effort will really pay off with Williams.


    For the 2013 class I hope ISU can continue improving on their overall class ranking. The past few years we have improved the core of the classes by bringing in more solid 3 star players to develop. It would be really nice to pull in a few 4 stars to really add to the top end of the class.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 311,481, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    17,637
    Points
    311,481
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,971
    Given: 4,554

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    No chance now that Tulsa offered.
    Hopefully he watches us p!ss pound the Golden Showers this fall. That should knock them our of contention.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 68,150, Level: 81
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,600
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,234
    Points
    68,150
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 86

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Wouldn't Ben Bruns be Jake Campos's coach at Vally? That might not hurt. I think it's high time ISU pulls in one of these 4 star type Iowa kids!



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,817
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    Is it normal to have offers out to that many 4 stars this early?
    I think it is. Like Cyhiphopp said, it's one of the only advantages we can have over the "power schools".

    I just like that we seem to be sticking our noses out a little more into the "4 star" territory while still be selective and not just throwing offers out to everyone like some schools... looking at you Nebraska



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 311,481, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    17,637
    Points
    311,481
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,971
    Given: 4,554

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post
    I think it is. Like Cyhiphopp said, it's one of the only advantages we can have over the "power schools".

    I just like that we seem to be sticking our noses out a little more into the "4 star" territory while still be selective and not just throwing offers out to everyone like some schools... looking at you Nebraska
    Yeah, we do have connections with most of these kids. Either we've recruited other players form their school/area or we have an existing relationship with their coaches.
    There are a lot of solid schools in TX and FL that we have been looking at recruits and their underclassmen teammates for years.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,817
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Yeah, we do have connections with most of these kids. Either we've recruited other players form their school/area or we have an existing relationship with their coaches.
    There are a lot of solid schools in TX and FL that we have been looking at recruits and their underclassmen teammates for years.
    Yeah, I was a little disappointed to see that Dallas Skyline had something like 4 kids in the rivals 250 and we haven't offered any of them. Would be great to get them on a visit and have James White show them around.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,075, Level: 72
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,475
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,939
    Points
    54,075
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 384

    Re: 2013 Recruit Prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by StormnClone58 View Post
    not a sure fire list but a look at the some of the top returning players for the 2012 season ...

    IowaPreps.com - A look ahead at the Class of 2013
    That prep report sure likes to use question marks.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN
  • Iowa State @ Kansas
  • February 2, 2015
  • 08:00 PM