Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 907

Two schools I would like to athletically own

In the Big 12 I dont feel like we can compete with OU/Texas consistently, especially in football. There are too many resources, tradition, recruting base etc to realistically hope for that to occur. I am ok with this.

2 Schools that I would love to overtake consistently are OSU and KSU, our traditions are not that far apart, OSU before T. Boone Pickens wasnt very good, KSU is probably the closest thing to ISU in regards to fanbase resources etc. I feel without T. Boone that the same can be said for OSU.

Both of these schools have recently had very successful athletic departments overall. I dont see why ISU cant do the same things. WE have a very passionate fanbase (likely better than both OSU and KSU). This was on display in football (OSU) and now Basketball (KU). Fred mentions the floor at Hilton shaking during a big game, and now JTS has shook, so passion is there. We have an athletic director and hopefully president that understand the potential benefits to a strong athletic department. They have put coaches in place that energize the fanbase, one was a legend his junior year and the other is fast becoming one. Heck even womens basketball and volleyball are supported well by us the fans. Sports that are traditionally afterthoughts at most schools, make money for us. Once wrestling gets back on its feet I think you will see better support there as well.

I didnt list KU here because I feel we have already overtaken them and it will stay that way overall, obviously a MBBall blueblood but a program that periodically we will beat. I also didnt list TTech/Baylor here because I believe any recent success is of the flash in the pan variety and not likely to stay that way. Anyway that is my though of the day.

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 833
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 9

Re: Two schools I would like to athletically own

Good write up and I agree 100%

But man your avatar makes me think of a raccoon hissing at someone trying to steal his garbage...

I WAS THERE!!!!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 84

Re: Two schools I would like to athletically own

Quote Originally Posted by EYEoftheSTORM View Post
    Good write up and I agree 100%

But man your avatar makes me think of a raccoon hissing at someone trying to steal his garbage...
    Agree. He needs to talk to isuno1fan about proper avatars.

"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - don't exaggerate!"