Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 7

Integrity Check: Have you ever taken somebody else's clothes out of the dryer?

Who does this?

I was just a few minutes "late" at the laundry mat and found all of my clothes sprawled across a few washers.

All-Star
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,029
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 4

Re: Integrity Check: Have you ever taken somebody else's clothes out of the dryer?

No, but I found a t-shirt in the hall of my apt building that I liked so I picked it up.

Is this supposed to turn into some sort of Sunday confession thread? haha

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 99

Re: Integrity Check: Have you ever taken somebody else's clothes out of the dryer?

Yep. But i was doing my laundry with about 100 other people and had a limited time to do it in.

(Also, when my roommate left clothes in the dryer, but thats a bit different than a laundromat).

If the laundromat is busy, dont take up a dryer you're not using.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,029
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 143

Quote Originally Posted by Goothrey View Post
    Who does this?

I was just a few minutes "late" at the laundry mat and found all of my clothes sprawled across a few washers.
    Someone put my dry clothes in my basket that I left down by the washer and dryer once. I had forgotten about it and it was one washer and dryer that was shared by my building so I don't blame them. After leaving it down there all day on a Sunday I understood how they would not want to wait that long. I would never take another person's out unless I was in desperate, desperate need.

Rookie
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I take my roommates' clothes out all the time but I don't think that counts. Other than that I have never done laundry in a public place so, no.

KFitzy87

I am actually currently waiting to put my dirty clothes in the washer in my dorm... All of them are occupied, and I refuse to take someone's load out and put it on top of the washer... It just seems like a mean thing to do. But I have had it happen to me before... Those bastards

Rookie
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Yes many many times and my clothes have been taken out and set on the dryer many many times. If you don't want other people touching your clothes, be there when they are done. The weirdest time was when someone not only took my clothes out, but folded them. They were obviously trying to be nice, but that weirded me out a little.

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,106
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 2

In the dorms I did it all the time, it get's old waiting for people to come and get there stuff out when there is a lot of people waiting.

I also found a great IState hoody in helser once. Came by in the morning and it was laying in the hall and it was still there late that night so we figured whoever's it was didn't care that much for it.

Legend
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Goothrey View Post
    Who does this?

happens all the time...I usually just put them on top and wait a couple minutes before doing it but I'm not waiting all day for somebody to pick up their laundry.

When people do it to me I understand it..not saying this to you but people who complain about it when it happens to them...tough ****.

CyCash's Post of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    But I dont understand women. I think that explains why Im so bad at basketball.

Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place, FA Cup Champions!
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

Legend
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 253

Quote Originally Posted by flycy View Post
    Yes many many times and my clothes have been taken out and set on the dryer many many times. If you don't want other people touching your clothes, be there when they are done. The weirdest time was when someone not only took my clothes out, but folded them. They were obviously trying to be nice, but that weirded me out a little.
    That is weird. I agree though. If the dryer is finished and you need to use it, there is nothing wrong with taking out the clothes so you can start your load. I don't get the posters who think it's rude. What's rude is not being there when your dryer finishes and thinking that someone else should have to wait for you!

Legend
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 265

to the OP did they take your clothes out while they were drying?

If so, that is a ********* thing to do and it's happened to me before...wanted to punch whoever did it in the face.

CyCash's Post of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    But I dont understand women. I think that explains why Im so bad at basketball.

Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place, FA Cup Champions!
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

Legend
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 18

Yes I have done this and had it done to me. Not a big deal in my book.

CyBer

Quote Originally Posted by flycy View Post
    Same thing happened to me when I was living in the dorms. Of course I knew a lot of the girls and they would do that if they knew it was mine. It's nice knowing women haha.

All-Star
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I did it when I lived in the dorms, but never on the first look. If all the washers or dryers were going or done but clothes still inside, I'd leave and come back at least an hour later. If it was the same clothes, I'd take them out b/c I wasn't waiting all day for someone else to finish their laundry.

There were a few times when I'd take stuff out of the dryer that wasn't mine, set it on the counter, and it would still be there a couple days later completely untouched. I don't know why it's so hard for people to block off 1.5 - 2 hours MAX to do laundry and get it out of the washer/dryer in a decent amount of time so others can use the machines.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 99

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    That is weird. I agree though. If the dryer is finished and you need to use it, there is nothing wrong with taking out the clothes so you can start your load. I don't get the posters who think it's rude. What's rude is not being there when your dryer finishes and thinking that someone else should have to wait for you!
    I agree. I think its fair to give someone a few minutes to get back, but at a certain point you can't just use a public dryer for storage.