Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Songs that Describe Big 12 Football

With the season half over, I thought it'd be fun to try and encapsulate each team in the Big 12 with a single song. Let's do this.

Texas: Notorious B.I.G.- Notorious Thugs

Pretty obvious. With the litany of off-field problems their players have had with the law, you'd be hard pressed to find a song that describes this team better. Plus you know the beat cost about a million dollars. Fits perfectly for the team with the biggest athletic budget in the Big 12.

Oklahoma: Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings

Hard driving, relentless anthem from the Pumpkins. But, as Colorado proved two weeks ago, this bullet isn't unstoppable. Bonus points: Billy Corgan's nasal whine reminds me of Bob Stoop's ******** after calls don't go his way.

Texas Tech: The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

After watching FSN's "instant classic" ISU-TT replay earlier tonight, blitzkrieg is the only way to describe Tech's offense.

Nebraska: Husker Du - Friend, You've Got to Fall

Alright, this is a bit of a stretch. I just wanted to exploit the Corn Husker-Husker Du connection. But, I was at a wedding this weekend with a bunch of Nebraska fans. After the Mizzou game Saturday, Husker fans quickly became OBLITERATED. A fall from grace is always rough, and "Friend, You've Got to Fall" describes the current meltdown going on in Nebraska.

Kansas: Fat Joe - The **** is Real

Whoa, Kansas! I'm impressed. I didn't know what to think after the first few weeks, but after a good win last Saturday against instate rival KSU, I think you have what it takes to win the North. And Fat Joe kinda resembles your leader, the round-mound-of-touchdown, Mark Mangino (minus the 'stache).

Iowa State (Optimistic View): The Beastie Boys - Time to Build

A message of hope from the ageless Beastie Boys. Sparse and open, much like the Cyclones playbook at the moment. Offers a promising vision for the future, away from the current state of affairs.

Iowa State (Pessimistic View): The Replacements - I Don't Know

Maybe the sloppiest song in The Replacements repertoire, and that's saying something. Like the Cyclone's turnover ratio this season, "I Don't Know" is rough sounding. A song about indecision from a band that never lived up to it's potential (sound familiar?)

That's all I got, any suggestions for the other six teams in the conference?

Last edited by sdillon500; 10-10-2007 at 12:58 AM.
    www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 31

Re: Songs that Describe Big 12 Football

yeah i have a suggestion...get trashed like me and then come on CF and try to make sense of a post like this one.

(better yet try to type a response. this took me like 6 minutes to type)

Husker Hater