Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Anyone else think it is funny?

That Greg Schiano left Rutgers before they were primed to have a good season. LOL. Serves their cocky fans right, I took a peek at their board and they aren't very happy.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 732
    Given: 491

Re: Anyone else think it is funny?

Wasn't Schiano basically the guy in line to take over the Penn St job once Paterno retired? I wonder if he took the Tampa Bay job instead because Happy Valley became way too nuclear...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    werent their fans really nice though
    Thought this too. I was really happy with the Rutgers fans that came on here and gave us info. Seemed like forever ago now....

Speechless
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,318
    Given: 640

Their fans seemed pretty cool on our board anyway.

Pro
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 22

Funny? Nope.

Prospect
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't find it rather funny at all. It certainly sucks that once coaches get "good" they start getting hired away from places. Props to him if that's what he wanted, shame on him if it was just for the money.

Imagine if someone hired away Rhoads right now (easy there boys just hypothetical). That's what Rutgers must be going through. Schiano was a good coach and I wish him well.

Addict
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 439
    Given: 345

The Rutgers fans we talked to in NYC were very nice. Also the ones that posted on here were nothing but class.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Speechless
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,026
    Given: 2,176

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Wasn't Schiano basically the guy in line to take over the Penn St job once Paterno retired? I wonder if he took the Tampa Bay job instead because Happy Valley became way too nuclear...
    He would have been a slam dunk hire and he probably would have killed to get that job, up until this year.

I hope for nothing but the worst for Penn State in the future.

Unfortunately, I don't think the NCAA will be able to make anything stick and they have enough donors willing to overlook the scandal.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Selere View Post
    I don't find it rather funny at all. It certainly sucks that once coaches get "good" they start getting hired away from places. Props to him if that's what he wanted, shame on him if it was just for the money.

Imagine if someone hired away Rhoads right now (easy there boys just hypothetical). That's what Rutgers must be going through. Schiano was a good coach and I wish him well.

It really does suck for Rutgers.

Schianno stayed at RU when everyone wanted him (specifically Miami if I'm not mistaken) a few eyars ago. He was a very good coach and very loyal to RU.

I think this is going to be a big hit to the Rutgers football program. And with the Big East floundering, having a program downturn does not help their stock when looking for a possible new conference. They still have the NJ/NY connection working for them though.

I aslo have a feeling that Schianno will regret his decision a few years down the road. Tampa Bay is not a very good team or organization. I can see him being unemployed in about 3 years. College coaches have not had that great of a record coming into the NFL lately, except for Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh inherited a pretty decent team/defense and caught lightning in a bottle. I don't think Tampa Bay is that kind of team/organization.

Prospect
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post

Schianno stayed at RU when everyone wanted him (specifically Miami if I'm not mistaken) a few eyars ago. He was a very good coach and very loyal to RU.

I think this is going to be a big hit to the Rutgers football program. And with the Big East floundering, having a program downturn does not help their stock when looking for a possible new conference. They still have the NJ/NY connection working for them though.

I aslo have a feeling that Schianno will regret his decision a few years down the road. Tampa Bay is not a very good team or organization. I can see him being unemployed in about 3 years. College coaches have not had that great of a record coming into the NFL lately, except for Jim Harbaugh. Harbaugh inherited a pretty decent team/defense and caught lightning in a bottle. I don't think Tampa Bay is that kind of team/organization.
    I dont know much about football coaching, do college coaches go to the NFL a lot? It seems like a COMPLETELY different work ethic, experience, management, and just about everything. It will be interesting to see how he adapts.

Starter
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Rutgers fans are great. I feel for them

Hilton Coliseum was specifically built to hold in sound with a solid concrete structure, steel doors, and a crowd that sits just a few feet from the court. With a fan base that frequently ranks among the nations largest crowds, players from opposing teams, as well as Iowa State, have said that the floor has shaken due to the loudness of the crowd

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 132

Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post

I think this also.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I dont know much about football coaching, do college coaches go to the NFL a lot? It seems like a COMPLETELY different work ethic, experience, management, and just about everything. It will be interesting to see how he adapts.

I just found this story about college coaches to the NFL. It's a pretty good read.

Wisch: Hire A College Coach In The NFL? Only At Your Own Risk ę CBS Chicago

Not a lot of NFL teams have been going to the college ranks for coaches lately. Jim Harbaugh has been the most recent and one of the bigger success stories this year at San Francisco, but his kind of success is rare. I attribute a lot of his success to him having been in the NFL so long as a player. He learned a lot that way, whereas most college coaches do not have that resume going for them.

A lot of big time college coaches have tried and failed in the NFL. Nick Saban with the Dolphins was a disaster, as well as Spurrier with the Redskins. Petrino at Atlanta was a freaking joke. The guy didn't even last the whole season before he snuck off to Arkansas.

Schiano has been a position coach in the NFL before, so he has some pro experience. We'll see how it works out for him. Personally, I expect him to be the hot name in college football coaching searches after he is fired in 3 years from Tampa Bay and spends a year as an analyst for ESPN.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 251

Generally its a bad idea, most coaches go for a few years, collect a paycheck then come back to the college game. No doubt he'll be the biggest name mentioned when the penn st job is open again in a few years. Rutgers is in a tough spot with realignment and such, its also until Schiano came a tough place to win. They have their work cut out for them.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

I don't find it funny. Would you find it funny if someone hired Rhoads away right now just when our program is starting to turn the corner? It's the same type of situation.

Go Cubs Go!