Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 2,317, Level: 13
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Points
    2,317
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Madison Weekly -- Benton

    Are we not going after her? I have not heard of anything regarding her talking with Iowa State. She is a great ballplayer. If we are not going after her, why not?! Her and future cyclone Buckley back there would be a great duo.



  2. #2
    Walk On
    Points: 4,502, Level: 19
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    mhalb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    216
    Points
    4,502
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    Once a cyclones, always a cyclone.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,838, Level: 80
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,923
    Points
    67,838
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 0

    Re: Madison Weekly -- Benton

    She likes to shoot from waaaay behind the line: Weekly Wins KCRG-TV9 AOW | KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather | Athlete of the Week Archive

    She's a skinny 5'7", so if she's not quick then there could be a real adjustment to high-level Div I. And I don't just mean quick for a 3A IA hs player. I've never seen her play so I have no idea how quick she is. She certainly looks like a good shooter, though.


    Last edited by mred; 01-22-2012 at 09:38 PM.

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 18,113, Level: 41
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,900
    Points
    18,113
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 25

  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,568, Level: 22
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    CLONECRAZY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    234
    Points
    5,568
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Madison Weekly -- Benton

    Unless she gets alot stronger and fills out there is no way she is D-1 talent. She's a nice player in 3A, but way too short and slim to play point for ISU. Can she shoot yeah, but it takes more than that to play in the Big 12. I realize she's only a junior too.

    On another note, I have seen Maddy Beier from South Tama play too and not impressed at all. Hard to believe we signed her considering her lack of athleticism, strength and aggressiveness. She has a hard time in traffic and I see no outside shot. She will be a project for the coaches in her first few years.



  6. #6
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Madison Weekly -- Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONECRAZY View Post
    Unless she gets alot stronger and fills out there is no way she is D-1 talent. She's a nice player in 3A, but way too short and slim to play point for ISU. Can she shoot yeah, but it takes more than that to play in the Big 12. I realize she's only a junior too.

    On another note, I have seen Maddy Beier from South Tama play too and not impressed at all. Hard to believe we signed her considering her lack of athleticism, strength and aggressiveness. She has a hard time in traffic and I see no outside shot. She will be a project for the coaches in her first few years.
    Well you are definitely not someone who has seen her play a lot because I couldn't disagree more. First off she is as athletic as any post player that stands all of 6 ft 4 that I have seen. I have watched her square off against Morgan Johnson and held her own. She dribbles as well as many guards that I have seen and in most nights she is used as a decoy because she does get double and triple teamed a lot. She is strong and can take bumps in traffic. As far as her shot it is fundamentally sound and therefore will get better as she works to develop that part of her game. Finally I choose to put faith In a staff that knows what they are looking for in the kids that they recruit.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 15,035, Level: 37
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern Polk County
    Posts
    1,141
    Points
    15,035
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

    Re: Madison Weekly -- Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by grimesassassin View Post
    Well you are definitely not someone who has seen her play a lot because I couldn't disagree more. First off she is as athletic as any post player that stands all of 6 ft 4 that I have seen. I have watched her square off against Morgan Johnson and held her own. She dribbles as well as many guards that I have seen and in most nights she is used as a decoy because she does get double and triple teamed a lot. She is strong and can take bumps in traffic. As far as her shot it is fundamentally sound and therefore will get better as she works to develop that part of her game. Finally I choose to put faith In a staff that knows what they are looking for in the kids that they recruit.
    I agree... Watched the South Tama vs Union game on cable and Union was collapsing four players on Maddy everytime the ball came into the post. She moves side to side very well and has some pretty good post moves for 3A high school player. She runs the court better than most and will certainly improve on that this summer. I watched her last season and she has improved in conditioning and rebounding from her junior season. She is a project but most high school post players are. At least she can shoot free throws something Pop couldn't do when she got here. Let's give her a summer on campus and she what she looks like next season. I have a feeling she will be better than some of the players we have on the team this year.



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 5,629, Level: 22
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    187
    Points
    5,629
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5

    Re: Madison Weekly -- Benton

    Quote Originally Posted by 907CY View Post
    She moves side to side very well and has some pretty good post moves for 3A high school player.
    Just because she is playing for a 3A team doesn't mean she is a 3A player, does it?



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 13,263, Level: 34
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    500
    Points
    13,263
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

    Re: Madison Weekly -- Benton

    For those interested, regional pairings for Iowa girls were released. Here's the link for 3A.

    2012 3A Regional Basketball Pairings

    First game is Wednesday, February 15th.



  10. #10
    Prospect
    Points: 2,317, Level: 13
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Points
    2,317
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Madison Weekly -- Benton

    Went to watch Weekly and Baier play Tuesday night. Baier played great for South Tama. Weekly played beyond great. She is a ballplayer for sure. We need to go after her.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM