Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Kansas crowd

  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 362,566, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    17,586
    Points
    362,566
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,549
    Given: 3,156

    Kansas crowd

    Lots of interest from the students for this game...

    This game will be the beginning of bringing Hilton Magic back...maybe i've had too much koolaid but the students can't wait for this game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Miniclone11 View Post
    Bronco fans better take a good look. This is their future unfolding in front of them. It's about to get uglier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoiball92 View Post
    Carolina by 17
    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    Yeah, Carolina is going to win the Superbowl
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgesFan View Post
    If you never had Fred then you never would have had Georges. Think about that for a minute you stupid *****

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 244,904, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,109
    Points
    244,904
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,021
    Given: 1,707

    Re: Kansas crowd

    This game will be sold out. It will be loud. It will be crazy. Tickets for this game will be a very tough find. The team just needs to give us something to cheer about. If ISU hits a game winning 3 pointer (like the OSU game) it will be INSANE. People will go home partially deaf with ears ringing for the next day or two.

    ....I freaking wish I could go.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,008, Level: 67
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,722
    Points
    48,008
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 10

    Re: Kansas crowd

    I would love it if it was a true sellout like no seats in the house.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 75,496, Level: 85
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thompsonclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,633
    Points
    75,496
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 503
    Given: 423

    Re: Kansas crowd

    I'm excited for the Kansas game but let's beat Texas Tech first and hopefully Texas.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 305,110, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,038
    Points
    305,110
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,741
    Given: 2,059

    Re: Kansas crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    This game IS sold out. It will be loud. It will be crazy. Tickets for this game will be a very tough find. The team just needs to give us something to cheer about. If ISU hits a game winning 3 pointer (like the OSU game) it will be INSANE. People will go home partially deaf with ears ringing for the next day or two.

    ....I freaking wish I could go.
    FIFY



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 32,293, Level: 55
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    3,182
    Points
    32,293
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 273
    Given: 564

    Re: Kansas crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Thompsonclone21 View Post
    I'm excited for the Kansas game but let's beat Texas Tech first and hopefully Texas.
    Two thumbs up for that, would love to be 5-2 heading into the Kansas game.


    Go Cyclones!!

    **** Iowa!!

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 226,789, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,566
    Points
    226,789
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,093
    Given: 755

    Re: Kansas crowd

    God bless my in-laws for getting me tickets for this game for Christmas! So pumped for next weekend!



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 44,669, Level: 65
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 881
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    clones26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,787
    Points
    44,669
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 92

    Re: Kansas crowd

    I ran into the same guy the last 2 KU games at Hilton wearing his KU shirt and Hampton basketball hat...if I see him this time the hat is mine.


    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day".-Frank Sinatra


    @cyfert26 on Twitter

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 331,287, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    20,235
    Points
    331,287
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,238
    Given: 886

    Re: Kansas crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by clones26 View Post
    I ran into the same guy the last 2 KU games at Hilton wearing his KU shirt and Hampton basketball hat...if I see him this time the hat is mine.
    I remember the game a few years ago...some KU fans tried to go down to the aisle and block flag guy running. I'm still disappointed to this day that flag guy didn't plow into them. For shame flag guy, for shame.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 244,904, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,109
    Points
    244,904
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,021
    Given: 1,707

    Re: Kansas crowd

    Does somebody still run the flag around the balcony during the 4 min timeout?



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 24,826, Level: 48
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    dtclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,631
    Points
    24,826
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Kansas crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    Lots of interest from the students for this game...

    This game will be the beginning of bringing Hilton Magic back...maybe i've had too much koolaid but the students can't wait for this game.
    I'll believe it when I see the upper deck portion of Cyclone Alley more than 1/3 full.



  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    307
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Kansas crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    Does somebody still run the flag around the balcony during the 4 min timeout?
    yes they still do that



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,144, Level: 97
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 906
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    stateofmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,500
    Points
    98,144
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 767

    Re: Kansas crowd

    I went to the OSU game the other night and I feel pretty confident that Hilton Magic will never be quite the same. It's just the nature of our society. 1/3 of the crowd is texting/twittering, facebooking, etc. Too busy to stand for the fight song, let alone clap or sing along.

    We will still be a better crowd than most but it will never be what it once was. It's just not "cool" to jump and yell like crazy. It used to be "cool" to DO those things. The blue bloods definitely don't want to look "silly", and the students are just trying to look "cool".

    This isn't a shot on anybody, heck I used to get crazy, but I was sitting in 114 against OSU and didn't want to get anybody around me upset for standing in front of them since my tickets were a friend's season tickets. I guess some will say that we just have to wait for the bigger games or a better team, but Hilton Magic didn't care what game it was, it was crazy.

    We have a great fan base, second to none, things are just different now. We will still be a tough venue, just not what it was once.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 279,880, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,203
    Points
    279,880
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 930
    Given: 1,596

    Re: Kansas crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I remember the game a few years ago...some KU fans tried to go down to the aisle and block flag guy running. I'm still disappointed to this day that flag guy didn't plow into them. For shame flag guy, for shame.
    Sounds like it was some Nebraska football fans wearing KU gear at the basketball game. That kind of crap is right up those Husker jackoffs alley.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 305,110, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,038
    Points
    305,110
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,741
    Given: 2,059

    Re: Kansas crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    I went to the OSU game the other night and I feel pretty confident that Hilton Magic will never be quite the same. It's just the nature of our society. 1/3 of the crowd is texting/twittering, facebooking, etc. Too busy to stand for the fight song, let alone clap or sing along.

    We will still be a better crowd than most but it will never be what it once was. It's just not "cool" to jump and yell like crazy. It used to be "cool" to DO those things. The blue bloods definitely don't want to look "silly", and the students are just trying to look "cool".

    This isn't a shot on anybody, heck I used to get crazy, but I was sitting in 114 against OSU and didn't want to get anybody around me upset for standing in front of them since my tickets were a friend's season tickets. I guess some will say that we just have to wait for the bigger games or a better team, but Hilton Magic didn't care what game it was, it was crazy.

    We have a great fan base, second to none, things are just different now. We will still be a tough venue, just not what it was once.
    I've had the exact same thoughts. It's just different. I will say though, the team had a lot to do with letting the air out of the crowd for the OSU game. Until the end, of course.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM