Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 9,471, Level: 29
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ISUKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    390
    Points
    9,471
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 58

    Big 12 Tournament

    Can someone help me out with understanding how the Big 12 tournament ticketing works? Do you buy a ticket to a session and then if your team wins you buy a ticket to the next session? Or do you buy a ticket to the tournament then sell it if your team doesn't advance?

    Anyone know what prices are?



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 275,790, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    12,928
    Points
    275,790
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 909

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUKing View Post
    Can someone help me out with understanding how the Big 12 tournament ticketing works? Do you buy a ticket to a session and then if your team wins you buy a ticket to the next session? Or do you buy a ticket to the tournament then sell it if your team doesn't advance?

    Anyone know what prices are?
    The latter. ISU fans buy a lot of tickets from other teams' fans when ISU advances. Other fans like ISU to advance if their team isn't as they have little problem unloading tickets.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 9,471, Level: 29
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ISUKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    390
    Points
    9,471
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 58

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    So maybe its worth just going down and standing outside and have some nice fellow offer me a ticket, face value of course

    Any idea on what it costs for a full ticket vs what you can get from those that didn't advance?



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 72,741, Level: 83
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,000
    Points
    72,741
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 0

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    conference tourney tickets get cheaper the further you go. more teams' fans selling, less teams' fans buying. toughest ticket is usually semi-finals (one ticket - four fan bases).



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 19,912, Level: 43
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    greatshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    1,705
    Points
    19,912
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 8

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenloginagain View Post
    conference tourney tickets get cheaper the further you go. more teams' fans selling, less teams' fans buying. toughest ticket is usually semi-finals (one ticket - four fan bases).
    Not when KU, K-State, and Mizzou advanced to the title game.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    How can 3 teams advance to the finals? Round robin?



  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 5,040, Level: 20
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    liquorlyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    18
    Points
    5,040
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUKing View Post
    So maybe its worth just going down and standing outside and have some nice fellow offer me a ticket, face value of course

    Any idea on what it costs for a full ticket vs what you can get from those that didn't advance?
    I think tickets are $60 per person/per session. The first two sessions on day one will be the cheapest if you try to scalp. I usually buy all-session and then struggle to sell my first session tickets I don't want for $20.

    Sessions 3-6 are anyone's guess, but don't expect to get a discount.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 63,955, Level: 78
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 895
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,594
    Points
    63,955
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 18

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by zwclones51 View Post
    How can 3 teams advance to the finals? Round robin?
    They're going to invent a new Court that is shaped in a Triangle. Each team has their own basket!


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 19,544, Level: 42
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    731
    Points
    19,544
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 11

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    I have a separate question about the tournament this year.

    In previous years, with 12 teams, they'd have 8 teams play on Wednesday and the top 4 teams would have a bye and start play on Thursday.

    Now that we're two teams down for this year, how's it going to work? Would there only be 4 teams playing on Wednesday? I think a 10-team bracket goes:

    Wednesday:
    #8 vs #9
    #7 vs #10

    Thursday:
    Top bracket:
    Winner of 8/9 vs #1
    #4 vs #5

    Bottom bracket:
    Winner of 7/10 vs #2
    #3 vs #6

    With Friday being the semi and Saturday being the finals as usual?

    I was thinking of making the tournament this year, and if indeed this is the way it goes, we only need to finish 6th in the conference or higher in order to get a bye and play Thursday. Which would be great for traveling.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 285,555, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,095
    Points
    285,555
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 311

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by jboffer View Post
    I have a separate question about the tournament this year.

    In previous years, with 12 teams, they'd have 8 teams play on Wednesday and the top 4 teams would have a bye and start play on Thursday.

    Now that we're two teams down for this year, how's it going to work? Would there only be 4 teams playing on Wednesday? I think a 10-team bracket goes:

    Wednesday:
    #8 vs #9
    #7 vs #10

    Thursday:
    Top bracket:
    Winner of 8/9 vs #1
    #4 vs #5

    Bottom bracket:
    Winner of 7/10 vs #2
    #3 vs #6

    With Friday being the semi and Saturday being the finals as usual?

    I was thinking of making the tournament this year, and if indeed this is the way it goes, we only need to finish 6th in the conference or higher in order to get a bye and play Thursday. Which would be great for traveling.

    this would be correct...unless we totally collapse we should get wednesday off...would be nice not having to play the first day for a change...i'd imagine we'll be in the 4-5 game and playing K-St.


    CyCash's Post of the Week

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    But I dont understand women. I think that explains why Im so bad at basketball.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place, FA Cup Champions!
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 19,544, Level: 42
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    731
    Points
    19,544
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 11

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Yup I just answered my own question. Here's the official schedule with times and everything:

    http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410...B_OEM_ID=10410



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 27,988, Level: 51
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    LegendofRodA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    968
    Points
    27,988
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 9

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by jboffer View Post
    Yup I just answered my own question. Here's the official schedule with times and everything:

    http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410...B_OEM_ID=10410
    Thank you for this. I was just wondering myself.



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 19,544, Level: 42
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    731
    Points
    19,544
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 11

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Another ticketing question.

    1. Anyone know around when they go on sale, historically?
    2. Is there something I can sign up for to be notified right away?
    3. Are there multiple ways to purchase tickets, like from the university vs from the spirit center? I'm an alumni, not a student.

    Looking to jump on this and make sure I get the best deal possible.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 19,912, Level: 43
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    greatshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    1,705
    Points
    19,912
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 8

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by jboffer View Post
    Another ticketing question.

    1. Anyone know around when they go on sale, historically?
    2. Is there something I can sign up for to be notified right away?
    3. Are there multiple ways to purchase tickets, like from the university vs from the spirit center? I'm an alumni, not a student.

    Looking to jump on this and make sure I get the best deal possible.
    1. Typically you have to apply for general public ticket sometime around January 5-10. I know deadline for Big12 tournament 2012 is already passed.
    2. You can follow Sprint Center on Twitter or Big12 conference, and they will let you know when this drawing period happens.
    3. Each university receives certain number of tickets, but those are mostly sold to high $$$ donors.

    Easiest way to purchase tix is buy one from scalpers near Sprint Center right before tipoff. If you want to get them cheaper, you can buy them now on stubhub, but you won't know who will play when until week before....



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 277,337, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,489
    Points
    277,337
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 14

    Re: Big 12 Tournament

    That first session on Thursday could have KU, ISU and KSU. That's going to be a tough ticket to come by.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM