Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Five things we have to fix (other than FT shooting)

1. Help defense. Time after time we'd double the ball and leave the other guy wide open. They had so many easy baskets in the paint with no one rotating. It was usually Christopherson's guy we were doubling. Royce got burned quite a few times. OSU missed a bunch of other chances at easy buckets on slip screens.

2. Denying passing lanes off the ball. We're pretty good on the ball defenders. We get really casual for the most part off the ball. We have guys wandering around out of position too often.

3. Fighting through screens. Babb did pretty good but could have fought a little harder I thought. Allen makes hardly any effort to get around them. It's baffling how he just disappears in games. He can look so good one game and completely disinterested the next.

4. Unforced turnovers. We have at least four or five turnovers every game that are just bonehead mistakes that allow the other team back into the game.

5. Defensive rebounding fundamentals. We're getting better, but we still allow too many offensive rebounds. We seem to be in the right spot but we have trouble getting good position and boxing out. Too many tip shots and second chances.

With that said, these guys deserve a lot of credit for what they've done so far. They've reignited a fanbase and brought excitement back to Hilton. Can't wait for Saturday's game. Also, Fred's plays out of timeouts are as good as anyone in the league.

Starter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Re: Five things we have to fix (other than FT shooting)

6. Don't let Ejim shoot 3's, make Scotty shoot more.

Pro
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 22

I thought you were going to say White, Babb, Ejim, Allen and SC.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

So....Defense?

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

7. Score more points than the other team.

KFitzy87

7. Play Tyrus more

8. Extend Scott's green light range to 50 feet

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 14

9. Forcing people to stay in their seats until after the game is over.

Rookie
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TitanClone View Post
    6. Don't let Ejim shoot 3's, make Scotty shoot more.
    This!!! Right here!! I expect an airball every time Ejim lets a three go.

Rookie
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

I know I played nothing close to college ball.. but when I was young and playing against a very good shooter I was always told to switch up what I did on screens. Whether it be chasing, or sliding over the top. Babb did none of this. The reason Page hit so many shots was because he could curl off of every screen and get an open look

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by HuddleUp View Post
    1. Help defense. Time after time we'd double the ball and leave the other guy wide open. They had so many easy baskets in the paint with no one rotating. It was usually Christopherson's guy we were doubling. Royce got burned quite a few times. OSU missed a bunch of other chances at easy buckets on slip screens.

2. Denying passing lanes off the ball. We're pretty good on the ball defenders. We get really casual for the most part off the ball. We have guys wandering around out of position too often.

3. Fighting through screens. Babb did pretty good but could have fought a little harder I thought. Allen makes hardly any effort to get around them. It's baffling how he just disappears in games. He can look so good one game and completely disinterested the next.

4. Unforced turnovers. We have at least four or five turnovers every game that are just bonehead mistakes that allow the other team back into the game.

5. Defensive rebounding fundamentals. We're getting better, but we still allow too many offensive rebounds. We seem to be in the right spot but we have trouble getting good position and boxing out. Too many tip shots and second chances.

With that said, these guys deserve a lot of credit for what they've done so far. They've reignited a fanbase and brought excitement back to Hilton. Can't wait for Saturday's game. Also, Fred's plays out of timeouts are as good as anyone in the league.
    Number one is spot in. You hit the nail on the head in differentiating between on the ball defense and help defense. The lack of rotation (and FT shooting) in the Missouri contest cost us the game. Once a driver beats us on the perimeter, nobody rotates. I actually thought we did a better job of this for the first 75% of the KU game before we broke down toward the end. We also had problems defending the lob (fronting the block without backside help once the entry came) but that looked better against KU than it did against Mizzou. I missed tonight's game so I can't comment a whole lot, but I'm pretty sure I got a good handle on what went on.

It's easy to tell we are NOT a very smart basketball team. I'm encouraged by Tyrus's stat line as I'd rather see Chris Allen's tail on the bench. Allen routinely hurts this team by committing asinine turnovers, or by chucking up ridiculous shots (essentially a turnover) that results in lost possessions. If Tyrus can be consistent, I'd love for him to eat away at Allen's floor time. Maybe Allen would finally develop some awareness and play a smarter brand of basketball.

All in all, a pretty good synopsis.

Starter
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneike001 View Post
    I know I played nothing close to college ball.. but when I was young and playing against a very good shooter I was always told to switch up what I did on screens. Whether it be chasing, or sliding over the top. Babb did none of this. The reason Page hit so many shots was because he could curl off of every screen and get an open look
    Page hit some tough shots and OSU was getting away moving screens all night, but you're right, we could have done a better job switching it up. I thought Babb did a better job on him than Christopherson. SC is clutch man but his defense really lacks at times. Interesting that Fred subbed him out for Ejim on OSU's last possession. Another smart move by the Mayor.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 67

Page hit some tough shots and OSU was getting away moving screens all night, but you're right, we could have done a better job switching it up. I thought Babb did a better job on him than Christopherson. SC is clutch man but his defense really lacks at times. Interesting that Fred subbed him out for Ejim on OSU's last possession. Another smart move by the Mayor.
    That right there would be known as understatement.

Rookie
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Oh nothing against Page he did hit some tough shots! I was always taught that a confused shooter, is a tentative shooter. Page can dial it up though!

Another thing... Fred is learning I think we all have noticed that. Were in for a fun ride! Let's enjoy it!

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 3

Guy next to me: Why the hell are we taking our best player out in a tight ball game, not to mention our best shooter? What is Fred thinking?

Scotty struggled to keep up with Page... CB did a pretty good job - hard to keep up with him with all the moving picks.