Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 325
  1. #271
    Recruit
    Points: 2,830, Level: 15
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    114
    Points
    2,830
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 9

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Id say... im fine with the general ending, how things came around to robin. Im not thrilled with it, but i guess i'm ok with it. I kind of got the feeling thats where things were headed a long time ago, especially once they started giving away major clues that the mother might die.

    But at the same time, we got FAR too little of the mother\tracy over the course of this season. All that buildup, for us to see her as little as we did? To get as little exposure of her and Ted's relationship as we did? Yeah.. no. They wasted too much of the season on pointless filler for me to be happy about that.

    Honestly, the ending would have been completely fine if theyd just ended it at the train station and not included any of the bits about the mother dying.
    Why would we get alot of Ted and Tracy's relationship? The show is how he met the mother, not how he dated the mother.



  2. #272
    Speechless
    Points: 391,855, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,244
    Points
    391,855
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 264

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    I was sort of indifferent on the ending. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Just OK with it.
    http://www.eonline.com/news/527052/r...-a-little-less


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  3. #273
    Legend
    Points: 195,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    10,306
    Points
    195,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 816
    Given: 792

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    There were some good ones on reddit.

    "How I used your mother to have the kids Aunt Robin could never have. "
    "
    How I Met Your Stepmother"
    "How I Settled for your Mother"
    "How I got permission from my kids to date Aunt Robin"
    "How your uncle barney banged out your future stepmother."

    How I Met Your Stepmother was my favorite.



  4. #274
    Speechless
    Points: 391,855, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,244
    Points
    391,855
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 264

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by theCyBooty View Post
    Why would we get alot of Ted and Tracy's relationship? The show is how he met the mother, not how he dated the mother.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  5. #275
    Speechless
    Points: 391,855, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,244
    Points
    391,855
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 264

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    How I Met Your Stepmother was my favorite.
    http://www.eonline.com/news/527054/w..._reader=feedly


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  6. #276
    All-Star
    Points: 23,783, Level: 47
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ThurgoodMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,034
    Points
    23,783
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 113

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Iastfan112 View Post
    Way to many of the other girls Ted dated seemed more important than the mother and that caused me dislike the way they ended it. Didn't really let us see how the mother and Ted worked together enough due to the silly 1 weekend setting for this season. If they had just ended with them literally meeting I would've been reasonably satisfied or if they fleshed out the mother and ted and then decided to include the twist I'd have been okay with that as well.
    This bold part. I really didn't like how they attempted to tie up every loose end. I think the show had a perfect ending before this final season started. I like open endings where you have to come to your own conclusion of what happened exactly.



  7. #277
    All-Star
    Points: 23,783, Level: 47
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ThurgoodMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,034
    Points
    23,783
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 113

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by KnappShack View Post
    I'm wondering what the age group is who liked the show. The young girlfriend loves the show. I'm celebrating the fact that I'll never have to see it again



  8. #278
    Speechless
    Points: 355,853, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,900
    Points
    355,853
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 39

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    He needed to end up with Robin or the girl from Scrubs. He should have never screwed that one up


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  9. #279
    All-Star
    Points: 23,783, Level: 47
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ThurgoodMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,034
    Points
    23,783
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 113

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    He needed to end up with Robin or the girl from Scrubs. He should have never screwed that one up
    The girl from Scrubs is a babe but Robin just isn't attractive to me whatsoever. Personally I would have gone with Victoria from the earlier seasons.



  10. #280
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 274,249, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,169
    Points
    274,249
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 74

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by ThurgoodMarshal View Post
    This bold part. I really didn't like how they attempted to tie up every loose end. I think the show had a perfect ending before this final season started. I like open endings where you have to come to your own conclusion of what happened exactly.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People LOVED the Breaking Bad finale for tying up all loose ends. People HATED Lost for not tying up loose ends.

    While the finale wasn't one of my favorite episodes, the best word I could use to describe it was "satisfied". I was satisfied how they closed out the show based on the previous 9 seasons. It could have been better (less rushed), it could have been worse (not tying up anything).

    I guess I don't get the hate...the show went 8 seasons without meeting the mother and now people are screaming they wasted 9 years watching. Well what about the first 8 years when you had no clue who the mother was? Again, the whole purpose of the show wasn't about the mother...it was about the group of friends and specifically Robin and Ted. I thought they explained that pretty well last night.



  11. #281
    Addict
    Points: 137,898, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    6,910
    Points
    137,898
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 128

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by ThurgoodMarshal View Post
    The girl from Scrubs is a babe but Robin just isn't attractive to me whatsoever. Personally I would have gone with Victoria from the earlier seasons.
    Ranking Ted's 10 Girlfriends:

    I agree, Buttercup from her first go around was the best. I don't think I paid attention much when she returned seasons later though.



  12. #282
    Speechless
    Points: 856,891, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,049
    Points
    856,891
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,289
    Given: 1,120

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    He needed to end up with Robin or the girl from Scrubs. He should have never screwed that one up
    Stella left him at the altar. Hard for Ted to mess that up.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #283
    Addict
    Points: 50,762, Level: 69
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,723
    Points
    50,762
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Last night's finale left a very bitter taste, and would have worked MUCH better if it were open-ended. I just did not feel any emotional weight behind anything that happened, with the lone exception of Barney's love child. Barney and Robin ending up divorced after spending an entire season on their wedding weekend just didn't work. If they were going this kind of twist, the wedding should have been limited to the very beginning of the season, and the rest of the season should have been the wrap-up, maybe with each episode covering a different year leading up to the mother's death.

    And speaking of her implied death, how horribly was that handled? You hype this woman up for the entire series, only to give her a scene with her on her death bed, and BAM Ted is going after Robin? I know that in regards to the timeline, 6 years is probably enough time for Ted to mourn and move on, but for the viewer who's witnessing this in the span of 10 minutes, there's no time for us to mourn, no time for us to accept it and see things through Ted's eyes. In the grand scheme of things, it does make sense for Ted to end up with Robin, but was it necessary to show? Not unless you've been building towards it. The entire season was basically about Robin and Barney getting married, and Ted's eventual ability to move on from Robin so that he can meet his future wife. Why throw all that out only to have them get together anyway?


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  14. #284
    Rookie
    Points: 9,671, Level: 29
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    544
    Points
    9,671
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 169

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People LOVED the Breaking Bad finale for tying up all loose ends. People HATED Lost for not tying up loose ends.

    While the finale wasn't one of my favorite episodes, the best word I could use to describe it was "satisfied". I was satisfied how they closed out the show based on the previous 9 seasons. It could have been better (less rushed), it could have been worse (not tying up anything).

    I guess I don't get the hate...the show went 8 seasons without meeting the mother and now people are screaming they wasted 9 years watching. Well what about the first 8 years when you had no clue who the mother was? Again, the whole purpose of the show wasn't about the mother...it was about the group of friends and specifically Robin and Ted. I thought they explained that pretty well last night.
    What did they need to "tie up"? I don't get this. Robin had moved on and was seemingly happy. Ted finally was to find the girl of his dreams, that he had been searching for. Marshall and Lilly were who they always were. I'm not sure what loose ends everyone is talking about?

    As for the "wasting" part, that's actually why I didn't like it. The whole story was "how I met your mother", and that damn yellow umbrella. You continually tried to figure out if this girl or that girl was her. The part where they realized they had been floating near one another for years I thought was a nice "cosmic" touch. But then they just ran away from it as fast as they could.

    The whole show came off at the end like they literally took an opinion poll a few weeks ago that people said "we really wanted Robin and Ted to end up together". Then, in spite of all the work and effort to have them lead other lives - they just crammed them together in the final 10 minutes of the show. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that they shot about 4 different endings, and this one won the coin flip. The very end had nice continuity to the pilot. But that was about it. It was very unsatisfying and not well put together anyway.


    Last edited by RubyClone; 04-01-2014 at 01:20 PM.

  15. #285
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 166,966, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    3,736
    Points
    166,966
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 188

    Re: How I Met Your Mother

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyClone View Post
    What did they need to "tie up"? I don't get this. Robin had moved on and was seemingly happy. Ted finally was to find the girl of his dreams, that he had been searching for. Marshall and Lilly were who they always were. I'm not sure what loose ends everyone is talking about?

    As for the "wasting" part, that's actually why I didn't like it. The whole story was "how I met your mother", and that damn yellow umbrella. You continually tried to figure out if this girl or that girl was her. The part where they realized they had been floating near one another for years I thought was a nice "cosmic" touch. But then they just ran away from it as fast as they could.

    The whole show came off at the end like they literally took an opinion poll a few weeks ago that people said "we really wanted Robin and Ted to end up together". Then, in spite of all the work and effort to have them lead other lives - they just crammed them together in the final 10 minutes of the show. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that they shot about 4 different endings, and this one won the coin flip. The very end had nice continuity to the pilot. But that was about it. It was very unsatisfying and not well put together anyway.
    I think cycloneworld was saying that they DID tie up the loose ends.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM