NFL Offciating
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: NFL Offciating

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 22,303, Level: 45
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    boone7247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Near the City
    Posts
    1,507
    Points
    22,303
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 90

    NFL Offciating

    Is it me or are these officials horrible in the Packers Giants game?

    The horrible non-fumble call, the spot on the last 3rd down for the Giants. Also appears the they are missing holding calls all over the field.


    A world without yoga pants and Planter's cheese balls, is a world I no longer want to live in.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 65,046, Level: 79
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,404
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Omaha Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    3,239
    Points
    65,046
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 98

    Re: NFL Offciating

    On an incompletion by Eli in the endzone that set up a field goal, a Packers D-lineman was all out hands to the face of his blocker. Blatantly pushing the guys face back.

    I don't get too up in arms about missing a hold or a bad spot because they don't have a birds eye view, but how was that 1st half fumble by GB missed? I wonder if they replay official just didn't have the angle that clearly showed it came out.


    http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 8,686, Level: 27
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    752
    Points
    8,686
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: NFL Offciating

    Totally agree and the replay booth has been awful - I'm constantly stunned after plays are reviewed and I'm certain the play will be reversed or confirmed and it goes the other way.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 56,919, Level: 73
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,742
    Points
    56,919
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 4

    Re: NFL Offciating

    Quote Originally Posted by FD Cyclone View Post
    On an incompletion by Eli in the endzone that set up a field goal, a Packers D-lineman was all out hands to the face of his blocker. Blatantly pushing the guys face back.

    I don't get too up in arms about missing a hold or a bad spot because they don't have a birds eye view, but how was that 1st half fumble by GB missed? I wonder if they replay official just didn't have the angle that clearly showed it came out.
    If they in the booth or under the hood don't have the same angles that I have sitting on my sofa, something's seriously wrong.

    Fumble, 3rd down spot, blow to the head on Rodgers... refs did all they could to keep Packers in this one.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 92,090, Level: 94
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,060
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    6,086
    Points
    92,090
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 352
    Given: 1,392

    Re: NFL Offciating

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FD Cyclone View Post
    On an incompletion by Eli in the endzone that set up a field goal, a Packers D-lineman was all out hands to the face of his blocker. Blatantly pushing the guys face back. I don't get too up in arms about missing a hold or a bad spot because they don't have a birds eye view, but how was that 1st half fumble by GB missed? I wonder if they replay official just didn't have the angle that clearly showed it came out.
    If they in the booth or under the hood don't have the same angles that I have sitting on my sofa, something's seriously wrong. Fumble, 3rd down spot, blow to the head on Rodgers... refs did all they could to keep Packers in this one.
    Really bad in this game. Not even a late hit on Rodgers, let alone a blow to the head. And the obvious Jennings fumble. Beyond me how that was not over turned.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 61,870, Level: 77
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,380
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Acylum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,574
    Points
    61,870
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 352
    Given: 1,105

    Re: NFL Offciating

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    If they in the booth or under the hood don't have the same angles that I have sitting on my sofa, something's seriously wrong.

    Fumble, 3rd down spot, blow to the head on Rodgers... refs did all they could to keep Packers in this one.
    On the 3rd down spot, I couldn't believe NY didn't challenge that or that the announcers didn't question it. The only thing I can think is that the Giants' coaching staff figured there was no way they were going to win a challenge no matter what.


    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 407,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,044
    Points
    407,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 872
    Given: 602

    Re: NFL Offciating

    This has been a low spot for NFL refs. They may go to full time refs. Enough lawyers and business types appear to be ineffectual.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 61,870, Level: 77
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,380
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Acylum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,574
    Points
    61,870
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 352
    Given: 1,105

    Re: NFL Offciating

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    This has been a low spot for NFL refs. They may go to full time refs. Enough lawyers and business types appear to be ineffectual.
    Full-time refs + age limit and/or physical fitness requirements. Some of those geezers can barely run.


    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM