Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Official Jamie Pollard Appreciation Thread

I dont know about anybody else, but this guy has busted the doors open of sunlight. We've been under an Iowa plague for years upon years. Born and bread to be Iowa fans. No longer are we a minority to them. I seriously believe Jamie Pollard is a huge result of this. Hes a man with plan...from the great movie THE GREAT OUTDOORS, I'd like to say to all Iowa fans-"Go blow it out your ***!"

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6
    He's definitely the real deal. He's just the optimistic leader we need in this critical time for ISU athletics. I knew that as soon as rumors spread that he wanted to bowl in JTS, that he would be something special. Long live JP, as long as he's here to stay! :Teeth:

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Rookie
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 16
    We have seen great progress. I hope it momentum continues.
    JP you are great!

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Is he that good or are the previous ADs that bad? In any case he was the right hire and I congratulate ISU for doing it.

Rookie
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    He's that good

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    My God Iowa State hired an athletic director with a vision, and the courage to try to implement. What a novel concept. After so many weak minded AD's (Urick, and don't get me started on Van de Loser), or AD's padding their resume so they can go to a bigger school (Smith), I am thrilled with JP. He actually has a vision for Iowa State athletics, and is willing to put his reputation on the line to see it through.
    It is important that we as fans do our part (that means $$$) and help him see this process through.
    If it works and JP ends up leaving for a bigger school, then the next AD will be able to hit the ground running.
    If it fails, then what have we lost??? I see it as only a win win situation.

Jeffrey A Crawford

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1
    Jaime=good; Bruce=BAD

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    It really is amazing how one man and his visions and ideas can change things so much so quickly, and this is just the beginning. I wasn't at the game thursday, but have watched snippets of the team entrances and talked to some friends about how it was, and folks, it's only going to get better. I really think in bowling in the stadium is a must and I can't wait to see it. I think BVD was of the old guard of just managing an athletic department, not transforming it into what many thought was not possible. I think our fan base is a sleeping giant, made so by decades of terrible to mediocre football at best. I seem to always use them as an example, but Bill Snyder transformed K-State and look how the purple people responded. There's no way we can't do the same, as we are a superior land-grant uni than K-State (see national rankings) and Manhattan doesn't have a whole lot on Ames.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802