Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good game guys

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Good game guys

It was nice coming over here this past week - you guys run a good fan site and were gracious hosts. I think most of us Raiders behaved ourselves with a few exceptions (iowaraider?) and for those bad apples I apologize.

Tech is a pretty good team and our boys played pretty tough last night - we struggled in the middle quarters and I don't know if that was self-inflicted or something the 'Clone defense was doing. The Clone D did put more pressure on Harrell than any other team we've faced up to this point so I think that has a lot to do with the offensive struggles. That said, Harrell did have his highest completion percentage of the season: 83.5%.

I also want to say that this isn't the same team that played against OSU a few weeks ago, Tech is a better team than OSU but the defense failed us in that game - thus the change at DC. I was extremely pleased with how the defense played yesterday, especially against the run and while they surrendered 17 points, I have to remind myself that the game was 42-3 with 9 minutes to go and ISU scored their 2 TDs running their 1st team offense against our 2nd and 3rd teamers on defense.

ISU has a tough row to hoe with their remaining schedule. Its going to be a season of moral victories because that's just not an easy schedule. I wish you guys the best of luck and hope that Chizik can find a way to knock off an opponent or two.

Thank you for allowing me on your board.

Last edited by CrspnDragnwagn; 10-07-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 39

Re: Good game guys

83% completion percent? That would he hard to do in practice with no one covering people. Ugh!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

You are welcome back anytime. Good luck winning the south.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,574
    Given: 751

Quote Originally Posted by CrspnDragnwagn View Post
    It was nice coming over here this past week - you guys run a good fan site and were gracious hosts. I think most of us Raiders behaved ourselves with a few exceptions (iowaraider?) and for those bad apples I apologize.

Tech is a pretty good team and our boys played pretty tough last night - we struggled in the middle quarters and I don't know if that was self-inflicted or something the 'Clone defense was doing. The Clone D did put more pressure on Harrell than any other team we've faced up to this point so I think that has a lot to do with the offensive struggles. That said, Harrell did have his highest completion percentage of the season: 83.5%.

I also want to say that this isn't the same team that played against OSU a few weeks ago, Tech is a better team than OSU but the defense failed us in that game - thus the change at DC. I was extremely pleased with how the defense played yesterday, especially against the run and while they surrendered 17 points, I have to remind myself that the game was 42-3 with 9 minutes to go and ISU scored their 2 TDs running their 1st team offense against our 2nd and 3rd teamers on defense.

ISU has a tough row to hoe with their remaining schedule. Its going to be a season of moral victories because that's just not an easy schedule. I wish you guys the best of luck and hope that Chizik can find a way to knock off an opponent or two.

Congrats on a good win, and good luck the rest of the season. I really didn't see any disrespectful posts from Raider fans, especially compared to some competing teams that visit.

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,015
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 10

Thanks for coming on over! I thought our D played fairly well up front, but our secondary is just not where it needs to be right now. We got some good pressure on the QB at times. Held the Tech offense to 35 points. I don't like moral victories, but we did cover the spread :)

Our O has a long way to go, and parts of our D need improvement, but Tech is going to put yards and points on anyone it plays. You just have to keep scoring against them, which is not something we've been able to do this year.

Crabtree and Harrell are going to be incredible the next few years. I think Tech is going to be my pick to win the south next year. I'm just glad you guys are off our schedule for a couple of years!

Good luck this year!

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,221
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    83% completion percent? That would he hard to do in practice with no one covering people. Ugh!

My wife wishes I was that accurate around the commode....

Addict
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    It's common for ISU opponents to have season high completion percentages from their quarterbacks. It's almost shocking when they don't.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Good game to you, as well. Like others, I'm glad you're off our schedule for two years, but we'd be happy to have you and your fellow Raiders stop by every once in a while to talk shop- you're a respectful, pleasant bunch. I'll be rooting for Tech to win the South next year!

True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 631
    Given: 394

Expect Crabtree to go pro after this year.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've found the Tech fans to be some of the most classy and knowledgeable fans. I wish ISU could have given your Raiders a better game. Good luck the rest of the Big 12 season and I'll be rooting for the Raiders in the Big 12 championship game.

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    He is a freshman, how can he go pro?

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    He's a red-shirt freshman, therefore can't go pro for another year. A player must be 3 years removed from high school to be eligible to enter the NFL, he'll be catching TDs next year for Tech. But then he'll leave for the NFL ... as a 1st round draft pick.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Good job on a good game.

TT plays an exciting style of FB. I wish you well against everyone except my Clones and Aggies.

I have children attending both schools.

CyAggie

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyAggie View Post
    Good job on a good game.

TT plays an exciting style of FB. I wish you well against everyone except my Clones and Aggies.

I have children attending both schools.

CyAggie
    The Aggies are in for a hurtin' on Saturday - they haven't won in Lubbock since 1993 and Mike Leach is 4-1 against Fran. This will be the game that demonstrates if Tech can actually play defense now.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Time will tell.