Guys' night out
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88

Thread: Guys' night out

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 108,372, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,579
    Points
    108,372
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 195

    Guys' night out

    Alright married guys-
    Who's got them? Bar, sports, poker night--whatever.
    How often?
    couple times a week?
    Monthly?

    I thought about it after reading through the breakup thread. My wife lets me out with a group of guys wednesday night after kids are in bed. Love my family, but a night to air the laundry with the guys is therapeutic.
    A couple other different groups of guys that we'll go out a couple times a year for bigger things.
    How often are other CF'ers leashes lengthened and what do you do?


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 164,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    12,309
    Points
    164,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 707
    Given: 1,082

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    I thought about it after reading through the breakup thread. My wife lets me out with a group of guys wednesday night after kids are in bed. Love my family, but a night to air the laundry with the guys is therapeutic.
    Yep, never getting married.

    Apologies for interrupting.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 348,268, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,591
    Points
    348,268
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 92

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Yep, never getting married.

    Apologies for interrupting.
    If only that was your choice.


    It's all snark from here on out

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 115,032, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,757
    Points
    115,032
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 134

    Re: Guys' night out

    Married, no kids, and I go out to the bar once a week with a small group of guy friends. Like you said, shooting the **** about guy stuff is great, and I look forward to it every week.

    However, you need to work on some things if you have to get permission from your wife to head out of the house. Fortunately, my wife doesn't try to control me, and I don't try to control her because we understand that we're both responsible adults. It keeps our relationship running nice and smooth.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 108,372, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,579
    Points
    108,372
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 195

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Yep, never getting married.

    Apologies for interrupting.
    Hey man. That's the way it works. Not even going to pretend it doesn't. Plenty worth it though


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 108,372, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,579
    Points
    108,372
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 195

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    Married, no kids, and I go out to the bar once a week with a small group of guy friends. Like you said, shooting the **** about guy stuff is great, and I look forward to it every week.

    However, you need to work on some things if you have to get permission from your wife to head out of the house. Fortunately, my wife doesn't try to control me, and I don't try to control her because we understand that we're both responsible adults. It keeps our relationship running nice and smooth.
    Trust me, once you have kids, its worth it to run the idea of heading out past your wife.


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 348,268, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,591
    Points
    348,268
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 92

    Re: Guys' night out

    Not married but I can pretty much go out with the guys whenever.


    It's all snark from here on out

  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 39,887, Level: 61
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 463
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    2ndCyCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    727
    Points
    39,887
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 5

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    Alright married guys-
    Who's got them? Bar, sports, poker night--whatever.
    How often?
    couple times a week?
    Monthly?

    I thought about it after reading through the breakup thread. My wife lets me out with a group of guys wednesday night after kids are in bed. Love my family, but a night to air the laundry with the guys is therapeutic.
    A couple other different groups of guys that we'll go out a couple times a year for bigger things.
    How often are other CF'ers leashes lengthened and what do you do?
    I don't exacly have a guys' night, but what you might call "my time," which when the weather is nice, consists of bike rides alone or with friends of mine, ranging in distance from 20 to 80 miles. There are some Saturdays in the summer where the better part of the day is "my time."



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 164,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    12,309
    Points
    164,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 707
    Given: 1,082

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    Hey man. That's the way it works. Not even going to pretend it doesn't. Plenty worth it though
    Just curious, does she need your permission to go out with her female friends?



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 108,372, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,579
    Points
    108,372
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 195

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Just curious, does she need your permission to go out with her female friends?
    "Permission" in our world is -
    "Hey it looks like we're going to a movie on Wednesday night. Will you be around to watch the girls?"


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 11,892, Level: 32
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    484
    Points
    11,892
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 33

    Re: Guys' night out

    I am on a softball team that is put together 99% for this reason and 1% because it is softball. We suck, yet we play spring, summer, and fall leagues.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 42,620, Level: 63
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ca4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Central IA
    Posts
    1,644
    Points
    42,620
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 42

    Re: Guys' night out

    Thursday = men's day. Golf in the summer, get together for some beers in the winter.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 164,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    12,309
    Points
    164,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 707
    Given: 1,082

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    "Permission" in our world is -
    "Hey it looks like we're going to a movie on Wednesday night. Will you be around to watch the girls?"
    So the permission thing is equitable?
    I do not see a lot of benefits to marriage, especially for a male (divorce and custody laws).

    Alright, I'll hang (shut)-up and listen.


    Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 01-12-2012 at 02:39 PM.

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 30,015, Level: 53
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ames, the labb
    Posts
    1,104
    Points
    30,015
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3

    Re: Guys' night out

    I just love how the gf has no other friends. oh and when she does she goes out to dinner with other guys. little questionable IMO



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 108,372, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,579
    Points
    108,372
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 195

    Re: Guys' night out

    Quote Originally Posted by milrtym View Post
    I am on a softball team that is put together 99% for this reason and 1% because it is softball. We suck, yet we play spring, summer, and fall leagues.
    I know several guys in this same boat.


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM