Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 35,741, Level: 58
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,458
    Points
    35,741
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    just curious. surprisingly cracked the top 5 this year. wondering what i should expect next year when i win.



  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 10,441, Level: 30
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LZclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
    Posts
    491
    Points
    10,441
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    just curious. surprisingly cracked the top 5 this year. wondering what i should expect next year when i win.
    This is an EXCELLENT question!

    I think the winner should at least get some Cyclone "GEAR"....

    maybe even an all expense paid trip to KC for Big XII BB or a trip to next year's Bowl Game!



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 31,011, Level: 54
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 939
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ZachsterPoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    991
    Points
    31,011
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 175

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?





    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I bleed cardinal and urinate gold.

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 35,741, Level: 58
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,458
    Points
    35,741
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    i mean the winner surely gets something right? and maybe a tee shirt for the top 5



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 33,277, Level: 56
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 973
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bpmcclain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,182
    Points
    33,277
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    CW said earlier that people in the top 10 would get some free credits



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 35,741, Level: 58
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,458
    Points
    35,741
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmcclain View Post
    CW said earlier that people in the top 10 would get some free credits
    ah man, i honestly don't even know what these credits do. i guess i joined the site after all that was explained.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 33,277, Level: 56
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 973
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bpmcclain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,182
    Points
    33,277
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    ah man, i honestly don't even know what these credits do. i guess i joined the site after all that was explained.
    Its just for fun to make bets.

    Also, its a status thing on here too. I have more credits than you, therefore I am better than you



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 95,304, Level: 96
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,746
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,228
    Points
    95,304
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 374

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    A mod should change the ''starter, pro, all star, walk on, etc '' under the username to ''Bowl Pick Em Winner.'' Let that stay until next season. Than it would actually mean something to the person who wins.



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 10,441, Level: 30
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LZclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
    Posts
    491
    Points
    10,441
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmcclain View Post
    Its just for fun to make bets.

    Also, its a status thing on here too. I have more credits than you, therefore I am better than you
    Just for fun? JUST FOR FUN! WTF?!?!?

    At some point 'credits' were tied into the 'Rep Score'. For the most part this was as dumb as dumb could get. 'Rep Score' was based on the opinions you gave.... some people liked them, and you got positive rep. Some people did not, and you were left with negative rep. (so sad) In my opinion you are not making an opinion unless you **** some people off. The whole 'Rep system' sucked.

    BUT, I think we should bring it back if it means I can give 'Negative Rep' to the 'Cyclone Fanatics' who not only picked Rutgers, but gave it a Confidence Score of 34!!!

    Back to Credits??? Seriously just for fun? Life is FUN! 'Betting for FUN' sucks! You see if you win you will wake up in the morning and say.... "Boy that was 'fun!'" I have more credits! Credits which make me more, um... uhhh... better?

    I have 70 million and could care less, if it is a popularity contest it basically states my opinions are not very good because I have not pi$$ed anyone off.

    If Cyclone Fanatic Credits are worth something, errrr. "Cyclone Gear' hey good for me, where can I drop 70 million? I could use a new shirt! Maybe a Hat?!? I would love IF they had some value, but since they do not... I would gladly give anyone, maybe even you (the person reading this) all 70 million credits if, and only if you would be happier as a person with them than you would be without them.

    Personally I like the concept of changing the 'rank' from 'starter', 'pro', or whatever (I'm still a rookie) to the 'GOD OF BOWL PICKING'... at least until next year.

    But seriously, the question was posed, 'What does the winner get?' I think a dollar from each Cyclone Fanatic is not out of the question!!! Maybe $5!

    Who won anyway?


    Last edited by LZclone; 01-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 876,179, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,064
    Points
    876,179
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,548
    Given: 2,077

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Credits tied to rep score? I don't remember that ever happening.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,559, Level: 76
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,091
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the road again
    Posts
    3,816
    Points
    60,559
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 1,036

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Quote Originally Posted by LZclone View Post
    Just for fun? JUST FOR FUN! WTF?!?!?

    At some point 'credits' were tied into the 'Rep Score'. For the most part this was as dumb as dumb could get. 'Rep Score' was based on the opinions you gave.... some people liked them, and you got positive rep. Some people did not, and you were left with negative rep. (so sad) In my opinion you are not making an opinion unless you **** some people off. The whole 'Rep system' sucked.

    BUT, I think we should bring it back if it means I can give 'Negative Rep' to the 'Cyclone Fanatics' who not only picked Rutgers, but gave it a Confidence Score of 34!!!

    Back to Credits??? Seriously just for fun? Life is FUN! 'Betting for FUN' sucks! You see if you win you will wake up in the morning and say.... "Boy that was 'fun!'" I have more credits! Credits which make me more, um... uhhh... better?

    I have 70 million and could care less, if it is a popularity contest it basically states my opinions are not very good because I have not pi$$ed anyone off.

    If Cyclone Fanatic Credits are worth something, errrr. "Cyclone Gear' hey good for me, where can I drop 70 million? I could use a new shirt! Maybe a Hat?!? I would gladly give anyone, maybe even you (the person reading this) all 70 million credits if, and only if you are happier as a person with them than without them.

    Personally I like the concept of changing the 'rank' from 'starter', 'pro', or whatever (I'm still a rookie) to the 'GOD OF BOWL PICKING'... at least until next year.

    But seriously, the question was posed, 'What does the winner get?' I think a dollar from each Cyclone Fanatic is not out of the question!!! Maybe $5!

    Who won anyway?
    Congrats, man!
    PS- My $5 is in the mail. (being facetious)




    Jamie's Fine for Helping Children:
    https://www.unitypoint.org/desmoines...-donation.aspx

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 138,098, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    4,388
    Points
    138,098
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 595
    Given: 258

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Cyclone Fanatic cereal bowl!



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 147,885, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,639
    Points
    147,885
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    I think the winner should get a 1 year subscription to Cyclone Fanatic.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 876,179, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,064
    Points
    876,179
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,548
    Given: 2,077

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    I think the winner should get a 1 year subscription to Cyclone Fanatic.
    And the sister site, Coupon Fanatic.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 138,098, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    4,388
    Points
    138,098
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 595
    Given: 258

    Re: what does the winner of CF bowl pickem win?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    I think the winner should get a 1 year subscription to Cyclone Fanatic.
    And the sister site, Coupon Fanatic.
    And the sister site of that, Token Fanatic.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM