Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72

Thread: Bama<OK State

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 103,918, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    vmbplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,447
    Points
    103,918
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Bama<OK State

    Okay, so let me start by saying that I'm for a 4 team playoff so none of this should matter. But I am sick of hearing everyone in the media spouting off a load of garbage now that Bama won about how they were clearly the right choice etc etc and justifying the BCS system today.

    I just heard on KC 810 AM sports radio one of these experts say that Oklahoma State's schedule doesn't compare to what Bama had to play.

    OH REALLY?

    I decided to run down the numbers on that load of crap as we all saw the Big 12 record against non conference opponents this season.

    In the final AP poll Bama played the following:
    #5
    #2 loss
    #2 win

    OK State played:
    #13 win
    #15 win
    #16 win
    #7 win


    Of their opponents 8 of Bama's were bowl elligible going 4-3 in their bowl games. (Note I'm not including Georgia Southern's D2 post season run)

    Of their opponents 9 of OK states opponents went to Bowls going 6-3.

    Tell me exactly what makes Bama so far head and shoulders above everyone else? Yes, Okie State had one non-top 25 loss to us. However to say they are way out of their league compared to Bama because of one game is silly.


    "Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Bama (a team with no conf title, etc) had to beat LSU once on a neutral field to win the NC.

    LSU had to beat Bama at home once, and then on a neutral field.

    The system completely sucks *** and this year (along with many others) is a perfect example.

    The good news....the world can thank ISU for screwing it all up!



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 265,525, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,025
    Points
    265,525
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 130

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Quote Originally Posted by vmbplayer View Post
    Okay, so let me start by saying that I'm for a 4 team playoff so none of this should matter. But I am sick of hearing everyone in the media spouting off a load of garbage now that Bama won about how they were clearly the right choice etc etc and justifying the BCS system today.

    I just heard on KC 810 AM sports radio one of these experts say that Oklahoma State's schedule doesn't compare to what Bama had to play.

    OH REALLY?

    I decided to run down the numbers on that load of crap as we all saw the Big 12 record against non conference opponents this season.

    In the final AP poll Bama played the following:
    #5
    #2 loss
    #2 win

    OK State played:
    #13 win
    #15 win
    #16 win
    #7 win


    Of their opponents 8 of Bama's were bowl elligible going 4-3 in their bowl games. (Note I'm not including Georgia Southern's D2 post season run)

    Of their opponents 9 of OK states opponents went to Bowls going 6-3.

    Tell me exactly what makes Bama so far head and shoulders above everyone else? Yes, Okie State had one non-top 25 loss to us. However to say they are way out of their league compared to Bama because of one game is silly.
    To say that Bama<Ok State is equally, if not more, silly.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 39,118, Level: 61
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    39,118
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 2

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Bama would shove the ball right down OKSt throat.


    Let Me Mayor Coach!

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 172,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,982
    Points
    172,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    To say that Bama<Ok State is equally, if not more, silly.
    Right now, I'd say Bama = LSU = OSU. That is the only fair conclusion that can be drawn.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 166,626, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,312
    Points
    166,626
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 820

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Okie Lite could maybe beat Alabama 1 out of 10 tries based solely on the "eyeball test." They'd be lucky to score 10 points against that defense (ours held them to 17 in regulation with basically the worst pass rush in the Big 12). Did you happen to see the Alabama pass rush last night? Unstoppable.

    On the other side of the ball, it's completely laughable to think Okie State's merely average defense could consistently get stops against the Tide (or LSU for that matter).

    LSU and Alabama would both have bludgeoned the Cowboys.

    With that all being said, the system clearly sucks and I agree with you that it should be decided on the field.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  7. #7
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Bama<OK State

    I'd say Bama=LSU>Okie St..........I thought OSU was good but not great. Bama and LSU will have a minimum of about 10-12 players apiece that will be playing on Sundays.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 265,525, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,025
    Points
    265,525
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 130

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Quote Originally Posted by RayShimley View Post
    Right now, I'd say Bama = LSU = OSU. That is the only fair conclusion that can be drawn.
    How can you say that right now Bama = LSU? Bama just man handled LSU LAST NIGHT! I'm not going to get into the arguments of who deserved to play last night, but it is fact that 1) Bama played a football game last night against LSU and 2) Bama won that game, so as of right now, Bama would be better than LSU. On November 5, LSU was better, on January 9, Bama was better. Also, Bama's D would of given Oklahoma State fits last night, and their offense would have scored more than 21 points on Oklahoma States defense.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,346, Level: 67
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    3,818
    Points
    48,346
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6

    Re: Bama<OK State

    If KSU and A&M had beaten Arkansas there would be no debate. OSU is probably a better team.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 145,413, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,704
    Points
    145,413
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 31

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    If KSU and A&M had beaten Arkansas there would be no debate. OSU is probably a better team.

    Agree... I was REALLY hoping K-State would beat Arkansas just to strengthen OSU's argument.



    Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

    Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

    and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 77,144, Level: 86
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,206
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Goothrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    2,860
    Points
    77,144
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 10

    Re: Bama<OK State

    oSu would score at least a TD against Bama. Probably more.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 644,398, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,607
    Points
    644,398
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,318
    Given: 125

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Okie St. barely being able to beat Stanford doesn't help their case any.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 34,222, Level: 56
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DurangoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    1,752
    Points
    34,222
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 16

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    To say that Bama<Ok State is equally, if not more, silly.

    To entirely miss the point of his post because you couldn't see pass the thread title might be considered silly also.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 265,525, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,025
    Points
    265,525
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 130

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Quote Originally Posted by DurangoCy View Post
    To entirely miss the point of his post because you couldn't see pass the thread title might be considered silly also.
    I judge books by their cover.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 34,222, Level: 56
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DurangoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    1,752
    Points
    34,222
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 16

    Re: Bama<OK State

    Quote Originally Posted by Goothrey View Post
    oSu would score at least a TD against Bama. Probably more.

    Alabama might have scored 50 on OSU though. We can't just assume that their offense would've struggled like it did last night against LSU when comparing it to OSU.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM