Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 16,943, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    StClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,378
    Points
    16,943
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 60

    Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Off to a 3-0 start in conference games in the B1G, NU WBB has, somewhat easily, beaten PSU at PSU, IU and now UoI at IC.

    So far they have proven me wrong as I thought they would have a rough start and believed Iowa State would have marked them as a win if they would have stayed to play in the B12.

    Currently ranked #15 they will next head to Madison. They should be favored against UW and may compete with Purdue, MSU, Minn and Mich. for the conference title. Iowa seems to be drying up and withering under Blunder current fortunes.

    With a 14-1 start NU is led by Jordan Hooper (21 ppg), Lindsey Moore (15) and former ISU recruiting target Emily Cady (8).

    If they dominate in the B1G will this say anything about B12 WBB, or not?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 59,118, Level: 75
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 932
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,357
    Points
    59,118
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 149

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Definitely agree with you. Hooper is the real deal. They gave us problems last year when she was a frosh! I still look at the losses to Michigan and PSU and know that we should have won both. Learning experiences is what I'll chalk them up to.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 16,943, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    StClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,378
    Points
    16,943
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 60

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by acoustimac View Post
    Definitely agree with you. Hooper is the real deal. They gave us problems last year when she was a frosh! I still look at the losses to Michigan and PSU and know that we should have won both. Learning experiences is what I'll chalk them up to.
    Hooper, from small town in NE, and Haillie have somewhat similar paths being big fish in small ponds in H.S. putting up big numbers and State Championships on the way. Both then staying in-State respectively and both were named to the B-12 Freshman teams as Forwards.

    But Hooper slim and 6'2 has had a far greater season this though she seems not that dissimilar to Hallie at 6'3. Hooper has proven to be a Husker leader and has twice the scoring numbers as Hallie. And, Hallie numbers are somewhat inflated from when we played lesser schools with Prins and Poppens out.

    Hard to pick but, Hallie has been one of my favorites since arriving (not far behind Lauren) and I was expecting big out her and I can't put my finger on what's going on with her this season. When asked to lead she certainly responds in my opinion and sort of settles down when Pop Monster and Prins are in.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 11,626, Level: 32
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    728
    Points
    11,626
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    NU's success is a bit surprising because it's the same core from last year. Just have taken advantage of a year of experience and more team chemistry.

    Although the Big 12 vs. the B1G split (or nearly split) the games in this year's series, NU winning in the B1G could have something to say about the quality of the Big 12. NU was at the bottom of the Big 12 last year, and now has a few B1G wins. Time will tell whether they can compete with the top teams though.

    Hooper is probably a "truer" basketball player than Hallie. Hallie's form does not seem as pure, and I think that's what hurts her scoring consistency. When she adjusts her shot to the defense -- and she is amazingly flexible -- she seems to get off track. When she doesn't have to adjust as much, or when she stays strong with her form, she seems to get better results.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 35,469, Level: 58
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    isuforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,852
    Points
    35,469
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 276

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Ask Doc how its working out for him



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 408,240, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,128
    Points
    408,240
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 882
    Given: 621

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by cydney View Post
    NU's success is a bit surprising because it's the same core from last year. Just have taken advantage of a year of experience and more team chemistry.

    Although the Big 12 vs. the B1G split (or nearly split) the games in this year's series, NU winning in the B1G could have something to say about the quality of the Big 12. NU was at the bottom of the Big 12 last year, and now has a few B1G wins. Time will tell whether they can compete with the top teams though.

    Hooper is probably a "truer" basketball player than Hallie. Hallie's form does not seem as pure, and I think that's what hurts her scoring consistency. When she adjusts her shot to the defense -- and she is amazingly flexible -- she seems to get off track. When she doesn't have to adjust as much, or when she stays strong with her form, she seems to get better results.
    connie yori is a standout coach.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 16,943, Level: 39
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    StClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,378
    Points
    16,943
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 60

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    connie yori is a standout coach.
    I am starting to believe she can big time.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 26,414, Level: 49
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Buster28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,040
    Points
    26,414
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 89

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    I'm as surprised as anyone at Nebraska's success so far this season. 14-1 and moved up to #15 in the AP poll? Wow. I was under the impression that Yori wasn't really looking forward to switching conferences, but that possibly had more to do with losing the established rivalries than with the actual level of talent they would compete against. Personally, I think it would hilarious if the Huskers went into the Big 10 and won the regular season title when they weren't expected to do much.


    All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

    (maybe)

  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,830, Level: 26
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    310
    Points
    7,830
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    I know Fennelly wanted Emily Cady BAD and I think he offered Moore and Hooper as well, though I could be wrong. There's only so much big-time talent to go around and Yori has taken advantage of it. I had the privilege of sitting on the chairs on the court for the Nebby game in Hilton two years ago and saw Lacey duke it out with the Neb team that went almost undefeated and was a #1 NCAA seed. Fun!



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 37,943, Level: 60
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,107
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,272
    Points
    37,943
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 23

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    I love how the Big 10 and BTN had been advertising how the addition of Nebraska's MBB team paraphrasing--'an asset' or enhanced or strengthened the Big ten

    LOL

    Nebraska MBB program leaving the Big 12 ---strengthened the Big 12




  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 26,414, Level: 49
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Buster28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,040
    Points
    26,414
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 89

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Jambalaya View Post
    I love how the Big 10 and BTN had been advertising how the addition of Nebraska's MBB team paraphrasing--'an asset' or enhanced or strengthened the Big ten

    LOL

    Nebraska MBB program leaving the Big 12 ---strengthened the Big 12

    Yeah, it's an "asset" to the other Big 10 teams that will pick up an extra win!


    All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

    (maybe)

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 20,911, Level: 44
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    1,917
    Points
    20,911
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 21

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCy View Post
    I know Fennelly wanted Emily Cady BAD and I think he offered Moore and Hooper as well, though I could be wrong. There's only so much big-time talent to go around and Yori has taken advantage of it. I had the privilege of sitting on the chairs on the court for the Nebby game in Hilton two years ago and saw Lacey duke it out with the Neb team that went almost undefeated and was a #1 NCAA seed. Fun!
    I still think they would not have gone 16-0 if Lacey had been able to play in the game at Lincoln.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,226, Level: 81
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,524
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,965
    Points
    68,226
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Royalclone View Post
    I still think they would not have gone 16-0 if Lacey had been able to play in the game at Lincoln.
    I was hugely looking forward to that game because I knew we were going to beat them. Then we lose Lacey to a concussion and still almost pull it off.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 13,531, Level: 35
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    505
    Points
    13,531
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

    Re: Early on NU WBB Busting Chops in the B1G

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    connie yori is a standout coach.
    I continue to have great respect for Yori. I'm not saying I follow Nebraska wbb a lot, but I follow them as much as I do beacuse of Yori. It's great to see them, especially Yori, have success.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM