Schroll done
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 150

Thread: Schroll done

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 59,033, Level: 75
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,353
    Points
    59,033
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 147

    Schroll done

    Press Conference this morning. Fennelly announces Schroll is going to transfer. More to come.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 157,091, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    157,091
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

    Re: Schroll done

    Not good...at all.

    No way to spin it.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 26,981, Level: 50
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,189
    Points
    26,981
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 99

    Re: Schroll done

    Not good at all. All the best to her.

    And all the best to BF and the team. We'll never know what's behind the transfer. Let's move on and hope things get better for everyone involved



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 113,873, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,463
    Points
    113,873
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 44

    Re: Schroll done

    Time for the dopes on here to start calling for Bill's head.

    Until it gets to ***** type players leaving and no wins, there is no reason to panic.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 157,091, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    157,091
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

    Re: Schroll done

    Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    Time for the dopes on here to start calling for Bill's head.

    Until it gets to ***** type players leaving and no wins, there is no reason to panic.

    No one is calling for his head here.

    But she is a quality player and perhaps our best defensive player. She will be missed.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 18,261, Level: 41
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,914
    Points
    18,261
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 30

    Re: Schroll done

    None of us know what is really going on, and will probably never know. The team needs to move on and get ready for Wednesday. According to BF they had a good practice on Sunday, practiced like a Big 12 team.

    I have been very impressed with Brynn to this point, so we'll move forward with her.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 17,687, Level: 40
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    915
    Points
    17,687
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Schroll done

    Maybe Bill should coach the guys and Fred the women. Since it seems their personalities would match what the teams need right now.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 101,661, Level: 99
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,389
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Senolcyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,205
    Points
    101,661
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 25

    Re: Schroll done

    Juniors don't transfer because they are homesick. Getting a b.s. excuse like that means it's actually something else, something worth covering up. Makes it a fair topic for speculative discussion.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 880,128, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,708
    Points
    880,128
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,982
    Given: 2,372

    Re: Schroll done

    It's just the standard politely-given reason, just like coaches leaving to spend time with their families. It's what you say.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 164,480, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    12,348
    Points
    164,480
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 710
    Given: 1,108

    Re: Schroll done

    Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    Juniors don't transfer because they are homesick. Getting a b.s. excuse like that means it's actually something else, something worth covering up. Makes it a fair topic for speculative discussion.
    Didn't a player quit once because she was pregnant?

    There is no need to speculate. She started crying on the bench- not tough enough. Not sure why some think this even requires any spin. Not everyone is cut out to handle 4 years of being a D1 athlete.


    Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 01-02-2012 at 01:46 PM.

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 157,091, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    157,091
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

    Re: Schroll done

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Pregnant?

    please.

    anyone that attends the game knows why.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,211, Level: 81
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,539
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,964
    Points
    68,211
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Re: Schroll done

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Didn't a player quit once because she was pregnant?
    Robinette missed time because she was pregnant, but she didn't quit the team. She played after the birth/recovery time.

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    There is no need to speculate. She started crying on the bench- not tough enough. Not sure why some think this even requires any spin. Not everyone is cut out to handle 4 years of being a D1 athlete.
    Schroll was one of the toughest players on the team. Everyone has a breaking point.


    Last edited by mred; 01-02-2012 at 01:58 PM.

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,211, Level: 81
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,539
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,964
    Points
    68,211
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0

    Re: Schroll done

    Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    Time for the dopes on here to start calling for Bill's head.
    Criticism <> "calling for his head".



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 27,649, Level: 51
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,001
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    west of dm east of cb
    Posts
    1,644
    Points
    27,649
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 163

    Re: Schroll done

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Didn't a player quit once because she was pregnant?

    There is no need to speculate. She started crying on the bench- not tough enough. Not sure why some think this even requires any spin. Not everyone is cut out to handle 4 years of being a D1 athlete.

    I would comment on your post but my mother said never get into an argument with with someone who does not know the facts as it is a waste of good time. Jess was tougher than you will ever be.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,438, Level: 74
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,112
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,692
    Points
    57,438
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 28

    Re: Schroll done

    not tough enough it appears!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM