Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

General Recruiting insight.....

Why is it that when you review the list of the various recruits that our staff is recruiting, each assistant has about 5-8 guys. You go under Iowa and each coach has about 20 guys?

Is this any indication of actual recruiting or is this information simply released by the school?

I truly believe our recruiting in the next two years has to change, but, do you think the reason there's not a lot of names down on those lists is because ISU is keeping the players names confidential or are they going to be beating down the JC's to infuse talent and speed to our team?

We need to be recruiting two stud DT's promising immediate playing time in the big twelve, that would help our middle big time. Our LB's will be thin next year also.....

I like for the most part our line, Bass, we have plenty of competition at qb, but our wide receivers, sumrall, franklin, Hamilton and the JC they already have signed - is this really the talent we need at the wr position? I watch teams like Memphis, and their WR's catch the ball and make a simply move and turn on the jets.....Its Memphis.........we should be able to recruit at a level above them, shouldnt we????/

Sorry, recruiting rant done......

K

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

Re: General Recruiting insight.....

Is this any indication of actual recruiting or is this information simply released by the school?
    The school can't release that information. It's the information had currently by Rivals or Scout, and it's generally not that good. I would take those lists with a huge grain of salt.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: General Recruiting insight.....

I think these sites rely on information that is self-reported by the kids being recruited. So, what you see is kids kind of "bragging" about who is recruiting them when it may not be true. And frankly, to say you are being recruited by ISU these days would probably not be considered "bragging". I live in Louisiana and most of the kids put down LSU under the schools of interest but the reality is the interest in many cases is only one way (they are interested in LSU and not vice versa).

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.