Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 130

Re: Schroll Taking leave of absence.

Definitely concerned about this. One coud make the assumption it has to do with fennelly's in your face coaching. But we just dont know. Coud be for a number of resins and I'm sure we will hear something. Just hope she comes back. Losing a starter at this time is bad karma. Could have a negative effect on the psyche of the team. Definitely impacts defense and depth.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by acoustimac View Post
    Definitely concerned about this. One coud make the assumption it has to do with fennelly's in your face coaching. But we just dont know. Coud be for a number of resins and I'm sure we will hear something. Just hope she comes back. Losing a starter at this time is bad karma. Could have a negative effect on the psyche of the team. Definitely impacts defense and depth.

I just posted in another thread that it looked like some of the players (Mays) just did not want to be there...I hope there is nothing brewing.

Carrying the banner for ISU.

All-Star
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    I just posted in another thread that it looked like some of the players (Mays) just did not want to be there...I hope there is nothing brewing.
    The bad thing is, she needed to be red-shirted. We are heavy in the post, but with Anna, Z, Pop and Fallon all being sick/injured we can't afford to use the red shirt.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

If you had Coach Fennelly in your face and making you cry in front of 7,000 people the other night like he did to Jessica, I think I may have considered leaving the team. I pray that she doesn't. She is a player that this team needs. She is a good rebounded and can be a strong presence under the basket for us!!!

I was so embarassed that our coach did what he did. I keep hoping that maybe it is the radiation treatments but I know he has done this before to other players. It just isn't right!

CyBer

Quote Originally Posted by pjzm View Post
    If you had Coach Fennelly in your face and making you cry in front of 7,000 people the other night like he did to Jessica, I think I may have considered leaving the team. I pray that she doesn't. She is a player that this team needs. She is a good rebounded and can be a strong presence under the basket for us!!!

I was so embarassed that our coach did what he did. I keep hoping that maybe it is the radiation treatments but I know he has done this before to other players. It just isn't right!
    Tough love, anyone have a video of this?

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    I was there. It wasn't tough love. It was an out-of-control rage.

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 341
    Given: 1,253

Quote Originally Posted by pjzm View Post

Quote Originally Posted by oldone View Post
    I was there. It wasn't tough love. It was an out-of-control rage.
    How coincidental that these two posts have one post to their name, and it's in this thread.....

Must be family members.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224

Fen has been doing this for years. Wouldn't surprise me if he rubbed somebody the wrong way at some point. Her choice, but she won't play for a fanbase that cares as much as this one if she leaves.

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 72

Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post

TOUGH LOVE, MY ***. Bill Fennelly needs to quit his coaching style of always in your face while publicly stating I'M JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER...IT'S NOTHING PERSONAL. BULLCRAP, HE FINALLY IS STARTING TO GO OVER THAT LINE.

I LIKE BILL but his coaching style is wrong. Bobby Knigtht and Woody Hayes style coaching is DEAD. If you were at both the past Thursday and Friday nite games, you would have noticed a dramatic change in his demeanor when talking to the players DURING THE GAMES.

ATTRIBUTE THAT CHANGE TO THE FALLOUT OF THIS CURRENT SITUATION. I AM NO LONGER ON HIS SIDE ON HIS TREATMENT OF PLAYERS.

Perhaps his cancer treatments have further shortened his fuse, but having watched how he treated the players on Thursday nite, he needs a timeout. In the past, watching from the South sections, where you can see his every facial expresssion, the people in the North sections just see his back' MOST OF YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS HAVE BEEN LIKE IN THE PAST.....He was actually looking like he wanted to physically KILL any or all of the players who he didn't feel were playing like he wanted on this past Thursday nite. I AM NOT EXAGERATING ONE BIT. I've heard the past reports from fans who sit directly behind the bench as to how he talks to the players during games and I believe their reports. Fans around us have discussed how we have seen how he has acted with the players in games and laughed about BILL IS ON THE ROLL TONIGHT WITH HIS PLAYERS and dismissed it as his record speaks for itself.

For years we have watched his sideline behavior escalate to the point of this last Thursday nite, then on Friday, he was much subdued. Wonder why? Ask the players who transfered out, Jessica Schroll or any of the former players who would be honest in their description of his behavior during practices.

Again I like Bill Fennelly and respect his record at ISU, but tearing down a player to build them up doesn't work with all players. I think FRED knows that, but BILL has not changed with the times.

CHALLENGING A PLAYER TO BE A BETTER PLAYER IS MUCH DIFFERENT THAN BERATING A PLAYER TO BE BETTER.

IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE IN COACHING STYLE
    OR ULTIMATELY BILL HIMSELF RESIGNING.

Last edited by majorcyfan; 12-31-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 443
    Given: 960

Go play intramurals, brother.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,560
    Given: 3,658

Quote Originally Posted by majorcyfan View Post
    TOUGH LOVE, MY ***. Bill Fennelly needs to quit his coaching style of always in your face while publicly stating I'M JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER...IT'S NOTHING PERSONAL. BULLCRAP, HE FINALLY IS STARTING TO GO OVER THAT LINE.

I LIKE BILL but his coaching style is wrong. Bobby Knigtht and Woody Hayes style coaching is DEAD. If you were at both the past Thursday and Friday nite games, you would have noticed a dramatic change in his demeanor when talking to the players DURING THE GAMES.

ATTRIBUTE THAT CHANGE TO THE FALLOUT OF THIS CURRENT SITUATION. I AM NO LONGER ON HIS SIDE ON HIS TREATMENT OF PLAYERS.

Perhaps his cancer treatments have further shortened his fuse, but having watched how he treated the players on Thursday nite, he needs a timeout. In the past, watching from the South sections, where you can see his every facial expresssion, the people in the North sections just see his back.....he was actually looking like he wanted to physically KILL any or all of the players who he didn't feel were playing like he wanted on this past Thursday nite. I AM NOT EXAGERATING ONE BIT. I've heard the past reports from fans who sit directly behind the bench as to how he talks to the players during games and I believe their reports. Fans around us have discussed how we have seen how he has acted with the players in games and laughed about BILL IS ON THE ROLL TONIGHT WITH HIS PLAYERS and dismissed it as his record speaks for itself.

For years we have watched his sideline behavior escalate to the point of this last Thursday nite, then on Friday, he was much subdued. Wonder why? Ask the players who transfered out, Jessica Schroll or any of the former players who would be honest in their description of his behavior during practices.

Again I like Bill Fennelly and respect his record at ISU, but tearing down a player to build them up doesn't work with all players. I think FRED knows that, but BILL has not changed with the times.

CHALLENGING A PLAYER TO BE A BETTER PLAYER IS MUCH DIFFERENT THAN BERATING A PLAYER TO BE BETTER.

This is a little over the top. I'll admit that I also have been concerned with how hard BF gets on the players. I think many that have a problem with this do because it's a male coach chewing out female athletes, but Coach's like Geno and Summitt are just as intense if not more than BF. But I think instances like the Pop technical and BF reaction to it shows that he CARES about his players. Players should know what they are getting into when they come. Also taking a run at a coach who is doing this job while going through CANCER is pretty low.

VICE PRESIDENT OF RANDOM THOUGHTS THREAD HATE CLUB

CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by majorcyfan View Post

Perhaps his cancer treatments have further shortened his fuse, but having watched how he treated the players on Thursday nite, he needs a timeout. In the past, watching from the South sections, where you can see his every facial expresssion, the people in the North sections just see his back' MOST OF YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS HAVE BEEN LIKE IN THE PAST.....He was actually looking like he wanted to physically KILL any or all of the players who he didn't feel were playing like he wanted on this past Thursday nite. I AM NOT EXAGERATING ONE BIT. I've heard the past reports from fans who sit directly behind the bench as to how he talks to the players during games and I believe their reports. Fans around us have discussed how we have seen how he has acted with the players in games and laughed about BILL IS ON THE ROLL TONIGHT WITH HIS PLAYERS and dismissed it as his record speaks for itself.

Aren't you the guy murph/andy make fun of? Just curious.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 165

Man it's like Coach Fennelly is coaching a bunch of emotional girls

(I do enjoy the rookie posters.)