Pinstripe Breakdown by Unit
    Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Pinstripe Breakdown by Unit

Offensive line: Played poorly, yeah they got blitzed, but we need to pick up some of those.

QB's: Don't really understand why Steele even played.

RB's: Non-existent except for maybe 2 drives. Rutger's D was really impressive today.

WR's: Could not get open. Big weakness all year for this team. Jarvis West needs more touches.

D line: No pressure on the QB at all, still the weakest part of our team for the last 5 years now.

LB's: Played OK, but there was some big plays given up.

Secondary: Rutgers big WR's overmatched this unit.

Kicking Game: 2 Botched FG's

Return Game: May be the only area we were better than Rutgers today. That Penalty was huge, but looked like the correct call.

Coaching: We threw everything at them, but nothing worked. I have no clue why Barnett did not come back to the game...this really puzzles me. I question if Herman was all in. Rutgers really seemed like they knew every play that was coming.

Refs: Nothing glaring. Refs had a good game.

Overall: Rutgers dominated the line of scrimmage (on both sides), and ISU could not make anything happen. We tried trick plays, we tried different looks...nothing. Really impressed with Rutgers defense tonight, they were disciplined and well coached. The better team won tonight.

Last edited by ccyclonepower25; 12-30-2011 at 08:32 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Re: Pinstripe Breakdown by Unit

Quote Originally Posted by ccyclonepower25 View Post
    Offensive line: Played poorly, yeah they got blitzed, but we need to pick up some of those.

QB's: Don't really understand why Steele even played.

RB's: Non-existent except for maybe 2 drives. Rutger's D was really impressive today.

WR's: Could not get open. Big weakness all year for this team. Jarvis West needs more touches.

D line: No pressure on the QB at all, still the weakest part of our team for the last 5 years now.

LB's: Played OK, but there was some big plays given up.

Secondary: Rutgers big WR's overmatched this unit.

Kicking Game: 2 Botched FG's

Return Game: May be the only area we were better than Rutgers today. That Penalty was huge, but looked like the correct call.

Coaching: We threw everything at them, but nothing worked. I have no clue why Barnett did not come back to the game...this really puzzles me. I question if Herman was all in. Rutgers really seemed like they knew every play that was coming.

Refs: Nothing glaring. Refs had a good game.

Overall: Rutgers dominated the line of scrimmage (on both sides), and ISU could not make anything happen. We tried trick plays, we tried different looks...nothing. Really impressed with Rutgers defense tonight, they were disciplined and well coached. The better team won tonight.
    I didn't think the difference was physical at all with our offense. I thought they out schemed us on those blitzes and several times we tried to run when they had 7 and 8 in the box and we had 4 WR's in the game(if we are going to do that we need another blocker against 7 and 8 man fronts). We should have run more screens and draws because their d-line and blitzers were ripping up field. On D I thought we tackled poorly, I thought our secondary played well and other than 1 or 2 plays we kept their big receivers check. I also thought our D-line played well. In a nut shell I think our O was out coached and our D's strongest position, LB's, played below their normal level.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,101
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 56

Complete and utter breakdown.

"Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"

"The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

All-Star
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 11

We got outplayed, true. In all facets of the game, especially offensive play and playcalling. However, the outcome could have been a lot different if 2 defensive plays that resulted in TD's had gone in our favor. Klein got beat on that 4th down play though he had the guy in the backfield, and Reeves had one bad play on that long TD. They got big plays and we didn't. End of story.

I give the Defense a B-, special teams a B (good returns, avg on field goals), Offense a D- and coaching a D.

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 76

Seemed like a lot of missed tackles to me, other than the fact we got out played.

*Rest in peace corn dog chick

"what you dont know is that treehouse masters is just mansions for WVU fans"

CF Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Recruit
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Got **** pounded by a Big East team. I saw no positives whatsoever. No defensive pressure after having how long to prepare? We have no QB who can hit a receive in stride. And, after running the ball down their throats the first few series, we couldn't do squat. Extremely disappointing all the way around. Team did not look prepared at all.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 694

As inept as the offense looked, in a strange way, the defense disappointed me in one regard: Rutgers came in averaging something like 2.5 yards per carry, but seemed to have little problem getting decent gains every other rush.

Punts & punt coverage were fine, kickoff returns and kickoff coverage, no complaints.

Geyer looked good on those first two makes. The first FG miss, wasn't it 4th & five? Just go for it. It's an exhibition game. Bad coaching decision.

I felt like Danny Mac was coaching this game.

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 3

The bad-we loss

The good-we can get another OC that averages 17 points/game. Wait that is a bad too.