Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Keep Cy Off the Helmet Petition

So I'm driving home from work and hear a handfull of uninformed fans are trying to put together a keep or put Cy on the helmet petition. I'm just waiting for a Keep Cy off the helmet petition to begin now.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 426
    Given: 338

Re: Keep Cy Off the Helmet Petition

I guess I disagree. I want him on the helmet now and forever! I signed the petition. KXNO gave some great plugs for the site too all day.

@RandomGeoFacts

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 27

Where do we sign if we want it off the helmet.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

People should just let it go...the web site...the petition....dumb!

These coaches have to be kind of getting to the point "Whats going on here at ISU? First there was the petition because of the 'life skills coach' now there is a petition for the helmet logo. Can we do anything here?"

That ugly...giant...helmet logo we have now can't be gone soon enough for me. I am not a huge fan of the new one, but whatever, if I had my say we would just keep the throw back helmets. They are cool and they go with the new uni's. But to have a web site and petition to keep that monstrosity on the helmet we have now, or any other logo, makes us all look bush league. I am also going to bet at least half the people signing the stupid petition are some of the same that were mad because of the Prof who started the petition about the 'life skills coach'....sheesh....let JP and Chiz run the AD.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, I could understand protesting if we were changing a logo we had had for decades, or had some kind of tradition with, but personally I'm glad the bird-headed tornado is gone.

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by RedStorm View Post
    People should just let it go...the web site...the petition....dumb!

These coaches have to be kind of getting to the point "Whats going on here at ISU? First there was the petition because of the 'life skills coach' now there is a petition for the helmet logo. Can we do anything here?"

That ugly...giant...helmet logo we have now can't be gone soon enough for me. I am not a huge fan of the new one, but whatever, if I had my say we would just keep the throw back helmets. They are cool and they go with the new uni's. But to have a web site and petition to keep that monstrosity on the helmet we have now, or any other logo, makes us all look bush league. I am also going to bet at least half the people signing the stupid petition are some of the same that were mad because of the Prof who started the petition about the 'life skills coach'....sheesh....let JP and Chiz run the AD.
    No kidding. I don't mind the Cy logo, but it just doesn't work on a helmet. And it definitely doesn't work on a polo shirt or hat. Come to think of it, I have VERY few pieces of clothing with the spinning Cy...and I have a lot of Cyclone clothing. I'm not a huge fan of the I-State, but it's an improvement logo-wise. PLEASE let Pollard do his job and quit ********!

XXXX Master Shake is under gag order XXXX

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 27

When the current logo was launched, it was during my time at ISU. I remember everyone HATED the new logo then. And we all asked where the blue came from. I think the new logo is more popular now than the current was way back when.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pro
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1

I still think the throwbacks were friggen awesome.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 324

Everyone on this site knows I like the whirlybird as much as everyone else and much more than most, but as the summer months have passed, and especially after the new uniform revealing, I really don't want it on the helmet anymore. We have too "classic" of a uniform starting next year to have such a modern logo on the helmet. I think the logo will still look good on some merchandise, but I just don't think it'll work with the look we'll be sporting on the football field starting next season.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

It's a done deal! We got what we got. I think JP listened to fans on this & you're not gonna make everybody happy. Petitions are stupid. Just support the team, no matter what.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The throwback helmets WERE friggen sweet, but I think the new ones next year will look pretty cool too. The new logo with grow on me and I love the deep cardinal shade..AND the gray facemask!

As for the savecy garbage, it kinda bothers me, especially after looking at the facebook group. People have posted stuff on there like how Pollard is an idiot and how he is ruining the athletic department and the "tradition" we have and all this garbage. It's embarrassing to read.

I don't mind the Cy-tornado logo, actually when applied right it's sweet, but the I-State will look much better on a helmet. And why are students freaking out about it? They keep calling it "Save Cy" when the only thing about the logo that is related to Cy is the HEAD of a tornado - It's a TORNADO... with a BIRD HEAD on it?? Again, I like it and all, but when I look at it, I like to think of it first and foremost as a tornado (or Cyclone if you will) than Cy, because, after all, we are the CYCLONES. If the campaign was for "Save the Cyclone" then I'd understand it a bit more, but whatever... the petition is worthless anyway. Jamie's got a vision and frankly, I'm onboard 100%.

O, and also on the facebook group, people have posted about how Pollard is trying to get rid of Cy and how awful/dumb he is for wanted to get rid of Cy, when he has CLEARLY stated many many many times that we are NOT getting rid of Cy the mascot - in fact, we're not getting "rid" of the Cy-tornado logo, it's just not going to be our primary mark anymore. Jamie has made this very clear, why do some refuse to listen?

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Cy needs to stay gone.

Period.

It's not like Cy is going in the dumpster. He's just not going to be on the helmet making it hard to tell exactly what he is. Cy turns into a swirly blob at a distance.

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The whirlybird was/is pretty awful. I think some people just have too much time on their hands to start a petition about this. Let it go folks.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 124

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    Where do we sign if we want it off the helmet.
    Brian when you find out where we sign up for cy off the helmet...Let me know because there will be at least 2 of us signing the petition!!

I-STATE logo is GREAT!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 855
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    Brian when you find out where we sign up for cy off the helmet...Let me know because there will be at least 2 of us signing the petition!!

I-STATE logo is GREAT!!
    There's no need to start one, the website would crash from all the traffic. I was embarrassed when I heard about the petition on KXNO. Once again the vocal minority strikes again.....