Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 155

CR says Leuer to visit ISU

It would be nice to get him, but i would much rather have Kenton Walker. Walker seems to be 100% athlete, thats not opposed to bangins around a lil bit. In Leuer, i think we'll have Jiri Hubalek clone, a 6'11" forward that spends all his time on the perimeter.

I m just saying id rather have Walker, what about everyone else?

Rookie
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    We all were talking about maybe getting 2 points to compliment each other, but now that it doesnt look like that is what we are going to do is there any chance we get 3 forwards?? In Brackins, Leuer, and Walker?? I think that could work if Leuer could play the 3 in college which im guessing he probably can! That along with Diante Garrett could be a top 15 recruiting class come next year...

Walk On
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    i hope we can get both walker and leuer, since we dont really need any more guards. we really need good post players!!! Besides leuer would probably rather play the 3.

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

Can Never Have Enough Post Players

Quote Originally Posted by lennon3 View Post
    .... but now that it doesnt look like that is what we are going to do is there any chance we get 3 forwards?? In Brackins, Leuer, and Walker?? I think that could work if Leuer could play the 3 in college which im guessing he probably can!
    I'm skeptical that Leuer can play the 3. I'll follow that up by saying I've never seen him play. He might have a good enough outside game that he can sit outside and put up j's. However, that is only 50% of the game. The rest of the time he has to defend someone. I'm skeptical that he could defend the 3rd guard that many teams employ these days.

Even though bringing in Walker, Brackins & Leuer might seem like overkill- it's not like we have any All Big 12 post players on our current roster. Is Hubalek a Big 12 starter or just a solid reserve. Same goes for Alex Thompson. I realize a lot of Cyclone fans love Ross Marsden, but I doubt he would have played much for a KU, UT, OU, etc last year. Ross is young & post guys take time to develop, but I question if he'll ever be a quality Big 12 starter or backup. I like Ross' offensive potential, but I wasn't impressed with his defense or rebounding last season- at times it looked like he was wearing cement shoes.

I hope that doesn't come off too harsh, because Hubalek, Thompson & Marsden could end up being quality Big 12 starters, but each is an unknown. Last season proved a team can have superior wing players, but without a consistent low post offensive threat & some toughness down low on defense it's tough to compete in the Big 12.

Walk On
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    very true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Jeremy seemed to think we have little chance in landing Leuer and now he's visiting. Are we now in good position?

Rookie
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    whats goin on with p'allen is he still in the mix or coming to decision soon?

dan k

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 550
    Given: 349
    I just want bigs who can move their feet and can jump.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Prospect
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by lennon3 View Post
    We all were talking about maybe getting 2 points to compliment each other, but now that it doesnt look like that is what we are going to do is there any chance we get 3 forwards?? In Brackins, Leuer, and Walker?? I think that could work if Leuer could play the 3 in college which im guessing he probably can! That along with Diante Garrett could be a top 15 recruiting class come next year...
    McDermott will be playing hard nosed man to man, so there is absolutely no way Leuer can match up with people like P.J. Tucker and Brandon Rush playing the 3.

I think its ridiculous to compare him to Jiri as well. I like Jiri, but he is far from a top 75 talent or higher like Leuer is. I would assume that Leuer is ranked high because his outside shot is his strength, that doesn't necessarily mean his inside game is a weakness like some want to imply. I think Leurer would be an excellent complement to Brackins!

isu_pimps

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 550
    Given: 349
    Stinnett has to concentrate on his grades first?

Last edited by Wesley; 08-26-2006 at 07:40 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Prospect
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by isucy86 View Post
    I'm skeptical that Leuer can play the 3. I'll follow that up by saying I've never seen him play. He might have a good enough outside game that he can sit outside and put up j's. However, that is only 50% of the game. The rest of the time he has to defend someone. I'm skeptical that he could defend the 3rd guard that many teams employ these days.

Even though bringing in Walker, Brackins & Leuer might seem like overkill- it's not like we have any All Big 12 post players on our current roster. Is Hubalek a Big 12 starter or just a solid reserve. Same goes for Alex Thompson. I realize a lot of Cyclone fans love Ross Marsden, but I doubt he would have played much for a KU, UT, OU, etc last year. Ross is young & post guys take time to develop, but I question if he'll ever be a quality Big 12 starter or backup. I like Ross' offensive potential, but I wasn't impressed with his defense or rebounding last season- at times it looked like he was wearing cement shoes.

I hope that doesn't come off too harsh, because Hubalek, Thompson & Marsden could end up being quality Big 12 starters, but each is an unknown. Last season proved a team can have superior wing players, but without a consistent low post offensive threat & some toughness down low on defense it's tough to compete in the Big 12.
    I think Ross did fine for a true freshman. Marcus Fizer wasn't even that great as a freshman. Just because it takes a player two years to become good doesn't mean he isn't a good recruit, look at our past players like Homan, Shirley, Stevie Johnson. The problem is we don't have players who are developed upperclassmen, not that our true freshman aren't fully developed.

isu_pimps

Starter
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

Minnesota pipeline

I would be happy with either Leuer or Walker, but wouldn't landing Leuer help keep the Minnesota pipeline open? Cory Johnson, then Leuer, and then Berggren? I doubt that we will ever see an rush of California players to ISU, but taking 1-2 of Minnesota's best every year could be a real option.