Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 31,634, Level: 54
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Apollo Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,667
    Points
    31,634
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    I'm a contrayist today. I think both these games will be decided by 10 pts or more - In favor of Iowa State and Oklahoma.

    First, the Pinstripe: I don't see Rutgers winning a lot of matchups anywhere on the field. Vulnerable areas for the Cyclones are turnovers and Rutgers' propensity for blocking kicks (and their skill at returning them). Take care of the ball and play solid special teams and we win by more than 10 points. Our lines will dominate. ISU 27, Rutgers 17

    OU v Iowa: I do not subscribe to the theory that OU is so disappointed by their season that they just don't care about this game. Horsefeathers! On paper, OU wins a lot of matchups all over the field. I don't see Iowa being able to throw the ball downfield or run with success. OU should be able to limit Vandenburg to about 1.5 sec to deliver the ball and keep everything in front of them. Iowa has the best receivers, OU the better QB. OU has the better athletes everywhere else. OU by 10+. OU 35, Iowa 17


    Early commit - fall 2024

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 164,585, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,954
    Points
    164,585
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 46

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    I think that you're probably correct. Both games will most likely start off slow as both teams try and find their rhythm , but once that happens the better teams will start to walk away.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 206,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,420
    Points
    206,471
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 221

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by swammi View Post
    I'm a contrayist today. I think both these games will be decided by 10 pts or more - In favor of Iowa State and Oklahoma.

    First, the Pinstripe: I don't see Rutgers winning a lot of matchups anywhere on the field. Vulnerable areas for the Cyclones are turnovers and Rutgers' propensity for blocking kicks (and their skill at returning them). Take care of the ball and play solid special teams and we win by more than 10 points. Our lines will dominate. ISU 27, Rutgers 17

    OU v Iowa: I do not subscribe to the theory that OU is so disappointed by their season that they just don't care about this game. Horsefeathers! On paper, OU wins a lot of matchups all over the field. I don't see Iowa being able to throw the ball downfield or run with success. OU should be able to limit Vandenburg to about 1.5 sec to deliver the ball and keep everything in front of them. Iowa has the best receivers, OU the better QB. OU has the better athletes everywhere else. OU by 10+. OU 35, Iowa 17
    I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I think you're right. I think we beat Rutgers handily. Everything I've seen suggests they have a one-dimensional offense that we should be able to contain after a month to prep and a defense we should be able to run on if the line plays well and we hold onto the ball.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 157,788, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,471
    Points
    157,788
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 537
    Given: 400

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    I think ISU wins something like 24-10.

    I actually think Iowa is going to shock Oklahoma. They are usually a safe bet against the spread in bowl games under KF. They win when they should and win or make close games out of bowl games they are supposed to lose except for USC. I don't think it's so much that Oklahoma plays like crap, just that Iowa seems to come to play in bowl games.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 27,988, Level: 51
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    LegendofRodA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    968
    Points
    27,988
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 9

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    Our matchup with Rutgers reminds me a lot of the matchup with UConn. Relatively no offense and a good defense. The key is turnovers and all you have to look at is that UConn game. We turned the ball over early and often and by halftime things weren't looking too good (especially with Jantz limping to the locker room). 2nd half we got a spark on offense and stopped turning the ball over and we won.

    This game plays into our favor even more in the fact that RU doesn't have much of a running game, so we can do what we have done well all year and that is defend the pass. I would not be shocked if we hold them to 7 points or less...again it all depends on how well we take care of the ball. My prediction: 20-7 ISU

    As for Iowa, I don't care just as long as they lose. It will get very annoying listening to their fans brag about winning another bowl game. OU defense is the key, as I don't see Iowa holding them to less than 30 points. 34-14 OU



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    I THINK THE CYCLONES SHUT DOWN RUTGERS ON PASSING AND RUNNING AND WILL WIN THIS BALLGAME BY 2 TDS.

    the sqawks wish that they did not play a big 12 team and they will be punished by oklahoma..


    doc

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 97,060, Level: 97
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,990
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    5,925
    Points
    97,060
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 36

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendofRodA View Post
    Our matchup with Rutgers reminds me a lot of the matchup with UConn. Relatively no offense and a good defense. The key is turnovers and all you have to look at is that UConn game. We turned the ball over early and often and by halftime things weren't looking too good (especially with Jantz limping to the locker room). 2nd half we got a spark on offense and stopped turning the ball over and we won.

    This game plays into our favor even more in the fact that RU doesn't have much of a running game, so we can do what we have done well all year and that is defend the pass. I would not be shocked if we hold them to 7 points or less...again it all depends on how well we take care of the ball. My prediction: 20-7 ISU

    As for Iowa, I don't care just as long as they lose. It will get very annoying listening to their fans brag about winning another bowl game. OU defense is the key, as I don't see Iowa holding them to less than 30 points. 34-14 OU

    Especially if that win is over OU. I still hear about the LSU victory. Amazing how my one friend has molded that into a game of Iowa domination.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 33,839, Level: 56
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cabot, AR
    Posts
    1,676
    Points
    33,839
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    From what I know of Rutgers they are not particularly efficient at Rushing the Ball and have one Pass Catching threat, Defense is Salty though, to me this means it will be a low scoring grind it out game that turns on Turnovers and Special Teams, I like the Clones to win, but not taking anything for granted. 14-10 Clones.

    Iowa is not very good and presumably worse with out their best Running Back, but as others have pointed out they do seem to play well in Bowl Games, I also think Stoops has a knack for coaching his team up against teams that he has history with (See the OU-ISU series) Stoops seems to embrace Hayden's philosophy in this series, so with that I see OU getting the W but Iowa covering.



  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,548, Level: 33
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    236
    Points
    12,548
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    I'm in a confidence bowl pick em' pool, and I have Iowa State winning with 27 confidence points and Oklahoma winning with 30 confidence points. Today might make me or break me, but I don't see Iowa hanging with Oklahoma's defense. Iowa State SHOULD be able to run on Rutgers all day, and our stingy defense will give them fits.


    CYCLONE POWER!

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 260,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    260,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    There is a lot of thinking in this thread. That is always good.


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 32,923, Level: 55
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    32,923
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 25

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    Both teams win



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 45,273, Level: 65
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cy Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,530
    Points
    45,273
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 40

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    There is a lot of thinking in this thread. That is always good.
    Hey buddy, I don't think, I know! So next time I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

    Let me know if later I need to edit this with a


    Cyclone
    Iowa State became the Cyclones after they leveled Northwestern in 1895. As the Chicago Tribune (9/29/1895) noted:
    'Struck by a Cyclone
    It Comes from Iowa and Devastates Evanston Town'

  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 16,147, Level: 38
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Screwston,TX
    Posts
    302
    Points
    16,147
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by 2forISU View Post
    Both teams win
    unfortunately this.


    -I'm 1983 Chris Allen, and I approve this message.

  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 260,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    260,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Hard View Post
    Hey buddy, I don't think, I know! So next time I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

    Let me know if later I need to edit this with a
    You are going to give me my opinion? I'm confused. :D


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 856,769, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,020
    Points
    856,769
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 1,100

    Re: Iowa State & Iowa predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    You are going to give me my opinion? I'm confused. :D
    U R A HOK. OF COURSE U R CONFUSSED!


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM