Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 29,176, Level: 52
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,085
    Points
    29,176
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 43

    Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Who does everyone thing will end up filling out the remaining spots in this years class, looks like Darius White is one that has come up lately.... Especially with us falling off of Schyler Miles list.... One thing I have been disappointed with so far is TE position, I know a lot of people on here believe that Ja'Q Daniels is a TE in future, Howard and Hammerschmidt back next year and Brun and Richardson still getting situated it may seem like we are set but after Franklins production 2 years ago and the lack of production this year, I was hoping we would land someone yet. I also think we need to stock up on DB's with LJ gone and Reeves gone next year someone needs to step up....



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    we need one stud offensive lineman and one mean sob at nose guard or nose tackle....


    doc

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 29,176, Level: 52
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,085
    Points
    29,176
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 43

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    we need one stud offensive lineman and one mean sob at nose guard or nose tackle....
    I agree with the DLman part, I think we need to work as much depth here as possible. OL, think we got our stud with DWilliams, I also believe we stop at 3.....



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 28,635, Level: 51
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    LegendofRodA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    985
    Points
    28,635
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 11

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    I think with White it is just a matter of him making grades. It does suck about Miles, but we will make due. I thought that Culkin kid would have commited by now, any word on what is taking so long?



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 60,209, Level: 76
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,441
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigLame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western IA
    Posts
    2,795
    Points
    60,209
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 213

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Culkin committed to Missouri.
    Really think we will take the best players we can get, regardless of position. Question is, what will that number be - based upon schollys

    TE seems like area of biggest need, but a lot depends upon players moving around, etc. JQ Daniels moving from QB - has the 'build' to be a TE. Lemke is listed as TE on the rosters ISU releases every week, but I don't know if those are as unreliable as the rosters posted on websites. Demoncore on here is still pretty convinced Lemke is still @ DE, & he was there on the spring practice or fall camp vids (forget which it was).


    “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times”-Bruce Lee

    4 Point Plan

    1. Start Up 2. Cash In 3. Sell Out 4. Bro Down

  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 284,225, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,875
    Points
    284,225
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,735
    Given: 3,005

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLame View Post
    Culkin committed to Missouri.
    Really think we will take the best players we can get, regardless of position. Question is, what will that number be - based upon schollys

    TE seems like area of biggest need, but a lot depends upon players moving around, etc. JQ Daniels moving from QB - has the 'build' to be a TE. Lemke is listed as TE on the rosters ISU releases every week, but I don't know if those are as unreliable as the rosters posted on websites. Demoncore on here is still pretty convinced Lemke is still @ DE, & he was there on the spring practice or fall camp vids (forget which it was).
    M-lander in 3, 2, 1...


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  7. #7
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 13,717, Level: 35
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    pdxclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    312
    Points
    13,717
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    A quick count shows 30 uncommitted offers with medium or high interest level. It breaks down by position (including):
    6 DB -- Darren Doston (JC), Prince Ene, Dacarlos Renfro
    5 DE
    5 WR -- Trent Hicks (JC), Evan Jennings
    4 LB -- Darius White
    3 DT -- Kevin Laudermill, Devante Terrell
    3 ATH
    2 TE -- Kerwin Harrison
    1 OL -- Forest Lamp
    1 RB

    First, I think it shows the recruiting plan for 2012 (position targets). Second, I admit the data I looked at is somewhat dated. Third, many of the players listing medium interest are probably looking else where. For example, DE Javonte Magee is a long shot to be a Cyclone; although I think he would be very welcome.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 63,022, Level: 77
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,319
    Points
    63,022
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 3

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by pdxclone View Post
    A quick count shows 30 uncommitted offers with medium or high interest level. It breaks down by position (including):
    6 DB -- Darren Doston (JC), Prince Ene, Dacarlos Renfro
    5 DE
    5 WR -- Trent Hicks (JC), Evan Jennings
    4 LB -- Darius White
    3 DT -- Kevin Laudermill, Devante Terrell
    3 ATH
    2 TE -- Kerwin Harrison
    1 OL -- Forest Lamp
    1 RB

    First, I think it shows the recruiting plan for 2012 (position targets). Second, I admit the data I looked at is somewhat dated. Third, many of the players listing medium interest are probably looking else where. For example, DE Javonte Magee is a long shot to be a Cyclone; although I think he would be very welcome.
    Not sure how many more we can accept. I think White is contingent on where Myles goes. So at least one more LB.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 63,022, Level: 77
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,319
    Points
    63,022
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 3

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    M-lander in 3, 2, 1...
    Mizzoulander says, B12 is crumbling mess. The SEC is the land of wine and Honey. Insert preposterous claim then support with preposterous facts.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 37,841, Level: 59
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,637
    Points
    37,841
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 9

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    I agree that we will likely just take the best players we can get to close out this class, regardless of position. We seem to have the bodies needed at most positions right now, and it is really just a matter of upgrading talent wherever possible. I wouldn't mind seeing another freshman LB, but I don't think it is truly a need.



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 13,717, Level: 35
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    pdxclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    312
    Points
    13,717
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Not sure how many more we can accept. I think White is contingent on where Myles goes. So at least one more LB.
    I think Schyler Miles has narrowed his list down to FL, KU, ND and WV.



  12. #12
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,198, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,852
    Points
    607,198
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,695
    Given: 158

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    M-lander in 3, 2, 1...
    yeah, i don't think so. not with his original username, anyway.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 23,027, Level: 46
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    nickcyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,032
    Points
    23,027
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 132

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by pdxclone View Post
    A quick count shows 30 uncommitted offers with medium or high interest level. It breaks down by position (including):
    6 DB -- Darren Doston (JC), Prince Ene, Dacarlos Renfro
    5 DE
    5 WR -- Trent Hicks (JC), Evan Jennings
    4 LB -- Darius White
    3 DT -- Kevin Laudermill, Devante Terrell
    3 ATH
    2 TE -- Kerwin Harrison
    1 OL -- Forest Lamp
    1 RB

    First, I think it shows the recruiting plan for 2012 (position targets). Second, I admit the data I looked at is somewhat dated. Third, many of the players listing medium interest are probably looking else where. For example, DE Javonte Magee is a long shot to be a Cyclone; although I think he would be very welcome.
    I don't think many of those offers are accurate any longer, if some ever were.

    Remaining targets include Lamp, White, Gary Simon, and Renfro.

    I imagine more names will start to surface after the bowl, likely a TE.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 38,522, Level: 60
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MaccloNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,112
    Points
    38,522
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 25

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    Who does everyone thing will end up filling out the remaining spots in this years class, looks like Darius White is one that has come up lately.... Especially with us falling off of Schyler Miles list.... One thing I have been disappointed with so far is TE position, I know a lot of people on here believe that Ja'Q Daniels is a TE in future, Howard and Hammerschmidt back next year and Brun and Richardson still getting situated it may seem like we are set but after Franklins production 2 years ago and the lack of production this year, I was hoping we would land someone yet. I also think we need to stock up on DB's with LJ gone and Reeves gone next year someone needs to step up....
    You lost me at "thing".



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 38,522, Level: 60
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MaccloNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,112
    Points
    38,522
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 25

    Re: Remaining 2012 Recruiting Class???

    Quote Originally Posted by nickcyv View Post
    I don't think many of those offers are accurate any longer, if some ever were.

    Remaining targets include Lamp, White, Gary Simon, and Renfro.

    I imagine more names will start to surface after the bowl, likely a TE.
    I heard Lamp has started to really light it up and has a bright future.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM