Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

My OFFICIAL Predicition ISU vs Rutgers...

After reading C.Will's evaluation, i agreed with everything he said, except the final score. The games that we have been our most successful is when we established our run and then threw out of it.

I've read all the talk by the NJ papers how this defense is built to stop the spread....well i hope so - because the difference is this will be a spread that then will jump into a 2 te 250 running back and simply beat someone up. This OL was gellin at the end of the year, and protection was good considering the level of competition they were facing #2, #6, #11 teams in the nation. Considering that brutal schedule, 2 on the road and we had a chance to win 2 of those games tells me everything i need to know.

We come out against Rutgers like we played against OSU or KSU and we will win this game easily imo. I respect Rutgers but i do not put them anywhere close to the level of those two teams and we went 1-1 and it was a 1 possession game the one we lost. Not to mention losing to Oklahoma on their Senior Day by a respectable score while holding their offense 20 pts below their average. If we hold Rutgers 20 pts below their average, we only need 1 td to win!

CONFIDENCE - i think ISU is coming into this game after 15 practices with a ton of it....and rightfully so. This is a team that no analyst ever predicted with this schedule would be in a bowl game. Rutgers playing in their biggest game of the year, maybe history laid an egg against an inferior team and lost out on a chance to play in a bcs game for the first time in their history....maybe someday we can have that chance!!!

What SCARES ME...The two things i will say - Greg Schiano is 4-2 in bowl games....and their offense has usually carried them....that scares me...that means that with time to prep, they perform above expectations! SPECIAL TEAMS - I have always thought KVK has a long deliberate prep to his punts, but has yet to have one blocked i think. For a team thats prone to blocking punts, they have to be relishing this opportunity. I'm more worried about that happening and changing big mo, then either their offense or defense. Both units are good, but, no where close to the units we've faced and had success against!

Offense
    I think ISU comes out and runs, runs, runs. When the Knights come up to stop the run, the play action will hit either West, Horne or Lenz over the middle for a long td.
    There will be a hole behind the LB because they will be up playing the run. If the safetys stay inside to protect the middle then darks and reynolds will exploit the outsides. Unlike the scarlet knights, this team has a variety of ways to beat you. I think our offense will be able to move the ball - can they get it into the end zone, that will be the factor for winning easily or a slugfest. BTW - Hermans last game, 15 practices, i would be willing to bet the farm there will be wrinkles, and new plays that the scarlet knights have yet prepared for...im guessin at some point Reynolds throws a pass....just sayin.

Defense
    No unit on either team is playing as well as this unit was at the end of the season. They were getting the ball back to their offense. When Barnett came in, this group seemed to work harder knowing they needed to help the freshman or it just gelled! With the 115th ranked running attack, thats exactly what i think Rutgers is going to do. Try to establish that running game - speed up the game, and keep the ball away from ISU. If Rutgers comes out slinging it all over, they will move the ball but i predict we will have a pick 6 too! The worst rushing attack we faced this year was UConns and they managed only 137 yards against us and were playing better now whereas they were almost 70 yards better against Rutgers. Our front 7 will handle their run, and LJ will slow down (Not shut down) Sanu but watch out for Coleman. He had a game over 230 yards receiving so they have other weapons!

Still - the advantages are too much and i think ISU will be pumped to be playing in this game whereas Rutgers is simply playing in it with the "What could have been" factor!!!!
    ISU - 31 Rutgers - 17

Last edited by KMAC_ATTACK; 12-29-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 45

Re: My OFFICIAL Predicition ISU vs Rutgers...

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    What SCARES ME...The two things i will say - Greg Schiano is 4-2 in bowl games....and their offense has usually carried them....that scares me...that means that with time to prep, they perform above expectations! SPECIAL TEAMS - I have always thought KVK has a long deliberate prep to his punts, but has yet to have one blocked i think. For a team thats prone to blocking punts, they have to be relishing this opportunity. I'm more worried about that happening and changing big mo, then either their offense or defense. Both units are good, but, no where close to the units we've faced and had success against!

Offense
    I think ISU comes out and runs, runs, runs. When the Knights come up to stop the run, the play action will hit either West, Horne or Lenz over the middle for a long td.
    There will be a hole behind the LB because they will be up playing the run. If the safetys stay inside to protect the middle then darks and reynolds will exploit the outsides. Unlike the scarlet knights, this team has a variety of ways to beat you. I think our offense will be able to move the ball - can they get it into the end zone, that will be the factor for winning easily or a slugfest. BTW - Hermans last game, 15 practices, i would be willing to bet the farm there will be wrinkles, and new plays that the scarlet knights have yet prepared for...im guessin at some point Reynolds throws a pass....just sayin.

Defense
    No unit on either team is playing as well as this unit was at the end of the season. They were getting the ball back to their offense. When Barnett came in, this group seemed to work harder knowing they needed to help the freshman or it just gelled! With the 115th ranked running attack, thats exactly what i think Rutgers is going to do. Try to establish that running game - speed up the game, and keep the ball away from ISU. If Rutgers comes out slinging it all over, they will move the ball but i predict we will have a pick 6 too! The worst rushing attack we faced this year was UConns and they managed only 137 yards against us and were playing better now whereas they were almost 70 yards better against Rutgers. Our front 7 will handle their run, and LJ will slow down (Not shut down) Sanu but watch out for Coleman. He had a game over 230 yards receiving so they have other weapons!

Still - the advantages are too much and i think ISU will be pumped to be playing in this game whereas Rutgers is simply playing in it with the "What could have been" factor!!!!
    ISU - 31 Rutgers - 17

Texas game.

ISU 5-1 vs. unranked teams. Rutgers, not ranked......outside of the KU game this will be the weakest opponent ISU has faced since UNI. JB has a month to get a better feel for the offense and shows huge improvements. ISU wins big 38-10.

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 17

No turnovers and we win big. That simple. No way this team has the talent to hang with isu.

Pro
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 51

ISU wins 27-13