SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

Ron Paul Buzz

Ron Paul's popularity is growing.

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/04/us...cs&oref=slogin

Although the coverage of Ron Paul campaign has largely been ignored by the media there is a lot of online interest in Mr. Paul. Whether the online interest will morf him up in the polls remains to be seen. For a quick quantitative view of how the discrepancy between online interest and mainstream interest regarding Paul, see:

http://tinyurl.com/24anyp

Compare the frequency of searches for various candidates to the frequency of their names appearing in the old media news stories.

In addition, fund rasing for Ron Paul is on the upswing. Comparing the third and second quarter of 2007 provides a telling story. Ron Paul’s 114 percent increase is in stark contrast to the decrease suffered by Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, and John McCain. Romney’s fundraising was down 29 percent. Giuliani was down 40 percent. McCain was down 55 percent.

I'm not endorsing Ron Paul because there are a number of negative factors about him. But on the other hand, I can attribute negative factors to all of the announced candidates.

Addict
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Re: Ron Paul Buzz

Ron Paul seems like a good option for those who's tired of all the other democratic or republican candidates... however, on sites like Digg, it seems like every other article on the front page is about something he did, or something he said, whether it be in the 80s or present day. It gets pretty tiring to see all the online press billing him already as "THE BEST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE EVER!"

I'm still on the fence about him, I guess. I'm glad he's gaining momentum, because I'd rather have to agonize over choosing between Obama/Edwards or Ron Paul. Most of the other republican candidates I could never see myself voting for.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 245

I'm certainly going to give Ron Paul a look. I don't know enough about him, other than I completely disagree with his stance on Iraq. However, the other things I have heard sound interesting, and I think I need to look at several issues this time to make a good choice.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 245

Yeah, I just checked out his website......I pretty much agree with every issue but one. I need to find out more about how he would handle Iraq, and the war in general. It'd be great if anyone has links?