Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 151,551, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,081
    Points
    151,551
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 10

    ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Since the world is going to end a month later, why not go watch the Cyclones take on Cincy and either Oregon/UNLV?



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 864,085, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,825
    Points
    864,085
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,785
    Given: 1,502

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    That would be a nice event. No complaining about the schedule for me with this event on there.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 38,415, Level: 60
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    whirlybirds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, IA
    Posts
    2,118
    Points
    38,415
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 5

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    There are not many crowds or places in the country that have a better impact on the game than at Iowa State. The Cyclone fans are truly a sixth man. The place is so loud and always a fantastic crowd." - Former Kansas and current North Carolina head coach Roy Williams

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 151,551, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,081
    Points
    151,551
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 10

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    That would be a nice event. No complaining about the schedule for me with this event on there.
    Has ISU played Cincy since Edward's hook brought them down?



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,432, Level: 73
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,660
    Points
    56,432
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 52

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    Has ISU played Cincy since Edward's hook brought them down?
    Yes twice. The Great Alaska Shootout in '98, and the 32-5 team actually lost to them when Cincy was ranked #1 in the Big Island Invitational in Hawaii in the 5th game of the season. We then proceeded to win the next 13 before losing in double OT to OU.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 277,901, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    13,418
    Points
    277,901
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 753
    Given: 1,557

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Yes twice. The Great Alaska Shootout in '98, and the 32-5 team actually lost to them when Cincy was ranked #1 in the Big Island Invitational in Hawaii in the 5th game of the season. We then proceeded to win the next 13 before losing in double OT to OU.
    That was K-Mart's team, wasn't it?


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 42,024, Level: 63
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,232
    Points
    42,024
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 51

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    That was K-Mart's team, wasn't it?

    Yep



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 95,899, Level: 96
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,044
    Points
    95,899
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 467

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Yes twice. The Great Alaska Shootout in '98, and the 32-5 team actually lost to them when Cincy was ranked #1 in the Big Island Invitational in Hawaii in the 5th game of the season. We then proceeded to win the next 13 before losing in double OT to OU.
    Fun to speculate: Would ISU in February/March have beaten Cincy (even w/ Martin)?

    Sidenote: Hindsight suggests Iowa State should have landed a No. 1 seed (although that's tied to other 1's falling early in the tournament). Cincinnati dropped down a line when Martin got injured ... did that also drag down ISU's loss to UC? (it shouldn't have, since Iowa State lost to a full-strength version — but I never considered that aspect until now).

    The Drake & Colorado losses were still probably the coin-flip between 1 & 2 (and that Arizona, Stanford and Duke had a psychological advantage of name recognition).

    Didn't mean to launch into revisionist history — just made me curious.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,536, Level: 96
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,514
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,248
    Points
    95,536
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 595
    Given: 139

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    Fun to speculate: Would ISU in February/March have beaten Cincy (even w/ Martin)?

    Sidenote: Hindsight suggests Iowa State should have landed a No. 1 seed (although that's tied to other 1's falling early in the tournament). Cincinnati dropped down a line when Martin got injured ... did that also drag down ISU's loss to UC? (it shouldn't have, since Iowa State lost to a full-strength version — but I never considered that aspect until now).

    The Drake & Colorado losses were still probably the coin-flip between 1 & 2 (and that Arizona, Stanford and Duke had a psychological advantage of name recognition).

    Didn't mean to launch into revisionist history — just made me curious.
    If KU goes 26-4 and 14-2 in conference, they are a #1 seed. Same with Texas, OU, etc.

    Not ISU.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 63,764, Level: 78
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,086
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bostrem00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    2,780
    Points
    63,764
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 23

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    Since the world is going to end a month later, why not go watch the Cyclones take on Cincy and either Oregon/UNLV?
    Source?



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 129,756, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,629
    Points
    129,756
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU in Vegas Thanksgiving 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    Source?
    Iowa State Men's Basketball


    Iowa State will play in the Global Sports Classic in Vegas next year. Play Cincinnati (Nov. 23) then either Oregon/UNLV (Nov. 24) at the Thomas & Mack Center

    November 29 at 9:07am ·



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM