Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 23

Die Hard

I consider Die Hard my favorite Christmas Movie, what does everyone else think, do you consider Die Hard a Christmas Movie

@TedFlintKansas

Men want to have fun, women want to take fun out to the middle of the woods and shoot it in the head.

Rookie
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 44

Re: Die Hard

Absolutely.

Merry Christmas to you!

Woody...TOUCHDOWN! THEY DID IT!

Pro
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 15

The wife and I celebrated our Christmas last night by watching Die Hard AND Die Hard 2. They are definitely Christmas-time movies.

CyBer

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is my favorite.

Rookie
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is my favorite.
    Ditto!

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by SLCyclone View Post
    Ditto!
    Dittoer???

That and Jingle All the Way

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 320

Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie. It is an action/adventure movie that happens to take place around Christmas. Big difference. The plot of Die Hard is John MacClaine trying to free the hostages of a skyscraper and kill Hans Gruber. The plot of the story would have been relevant any other time of the year - hence not a Christmas movie.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 195

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie. It is an action/adventure movie that happens to take place around Christmas. Big difference. The plot of Die Hard is John MacClaine trying to free the hostages of a skyscraper and kill Hans Gruber. The plot of the story would have been relevant any other time of the year - hence not a Christmas movie.
    Not saying that I think Die Hard is a Christmas movie (it isn't), but this same logic can easily apply to It's a Wonderful Life. And I consider that film to be the greatest Christmas movie of all time.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    Not saying that I think Die Hard is a Christmas movie (it isn't), but this same logic can easily apply to It's a Wonderful Life. And I consider that film to be the greatest Christmas movie of all time.
    Two differences:

1. Most people would watch Die Hard year round. Would you watch It's a Wonderful Life outside of the Christmas season?

2. I believe it's NBC that has It's a Wonderful Life on queue annually to show on Christmas. True Christmas movies, if old enough, are usually shown by at least one network regularly/annually during the Christmas season. Can that even be said for Die Hard?

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Two differences:

1. Most people would watch Die Hard year round. Would you watch It's a Wonderful Life outside of the Christmas season?

2. I believe it's NBC that has It's a Wonderful Life on queue annually to show on Christmas. True Christmas movies, if old enough, are usually shown by at least one network regularly/annually during the Christmas season. Can that even be said for Die Hard?
    I believe Spike plays Die Hard for Christmas.... That and the Bond Marathon....

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriCyclone View Post
    I believe Spike plays Die Hard for Christmas.... That and the Bond Marathon....
    You mean the network that has weekly 1000 Ways to Die marathons? Does that even count as a network?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Two differences:

It's true that it's traditional. But without any of the traditions we attach to it, there's really not much to do with Christmas involved in the film. There's nothing as obviously "Christmas-y" about it like, say Miracle on 34th Street. It's inspirational, which fits the general Christmas theme. The actual plot line is just as seasonally interchangeable as Die Hard, but the winter setting makes it impractical to do so.

And again, Die Hard is DEFINITELY not a Christmas movie, IMO. Just pointing out a flaw in the logic you used to back up that (what I consider to be) fact.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    It's true that it's traditional. But without any of the traditions we attach to it, there's really not much to do with Christmas involved in the film. There's nothing as obviously "Christmas-y" about it like, say Miracle on 34th Street. It's inspirational, which fits the general Christmas theme. The actual plot line is just as seasonally interchangeable as Die Hard, but the winter setting makes it impractical to do so.

And again, Die Hard is DEFINITELY not a Christmas movie, IMO. Just pointing out a flaw in the logic you used to back up that (what I consider to be) fact.
    I guess I'm just being facetious than anything else. If people want to watch Die Hard as a Christmas tradition, then more power to them. It's just don't bring Die Hard to a Favorite Christmas Movies list - you would be leaving yourself open to be slayed.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You mean the network that has weekly 1000 Ways to Die marathons? Does that even count as a network?
    It also had Deadliest Warriors: Zombies vs Vampires. It has proved it has decent programs.....

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I guess I'm just being facetious than anything else. If people want to watch Die Hard as a Christmas tradition, then more power to them. It's just don't bring Die Hard to a Favorite Christmas Movies list - you would be leaving yourself open to be slayed.
    Agreed on all counts.