Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cyclone42

ISU 15 Texas Tech 3

That's not my prediction for the score Saturday. That's the number of turnovers each team has so far this season.

What it comes down to is: Texas Tech is Nebraska without the mistakes. Take away Nebraska's mistake-prone first quarter, and the game would have been a real blow-out. Of the 17 points were scored, 10 were during that period. Texas Tech will score like Nebraska did later, and won't give us any breaks at all by turning it over.

Addict
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 36

Re: ISU 15 Texas Tech 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone42 View Post
    That's not my prediction for the score Saturday. That's the number of turnovers each team has so far this season.

What it comes down to is: Texas Tech is Nebraska without the mistakes. Take away Nebraska's mistake-prone first quarter, and the game would have been a real blow-out. Of the 17 points were scored, 10 were during that period. Texas Tech will score like Nebraska did later, and won't give us any breaks at all by turning it over.
    Can we get a moderator with some cajones to change this guy's screenname to "Debbie Downer" with all of his depressing threads started lately? Also, it would be nice to have a "Wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" smiley. Just a couple suggestions...maybe I should have used the site feedback forum

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Rookie
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 27

ummmmm...... Nebraska also scored most of the points off out turnovers (mistakes) so you could say that if we hadn't made those mistakes we would have won in a blow-out. Or you could just take an extremely pessimistic view.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by tigershoops31 View Post
    Can we get a moderator with some cajones to change this guy's screenname to "Debbie Downer" with all of his depressing threads started lately? Also, it would be nice to have a "Wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" smiley. Just a couple suggestions...maybe I should have used the site feedback forum
    No way! That screen name is way too unique and original to be changed.

Addict
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,347
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 8

Walk On
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

That statistic is out of this world. 15 turnovers in 5 games, or 3 per game? We have to be leading the nation in that statistic. It is an absolute shock we have even 1 win.

Meyer is absolutely KILLING us this year.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1

Well, you say that Nebraska-without-mistakes would've been a blow out? I wouldn't say so, necessarily... How many momentum-stabbing, game-breaking mistakes did we make in that game?

If both we and Nebraska cut out the mistakes, we may still have lost.. but it would've been a close game, I can tell you that much.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 152

If posting facts makes the man a Debbie Downer or whatever, so be it.

It's true, we've turned the ball over 12 more times than Texas Tech has. That should make us all a bit ill and very concerned for Saturday.

Legend
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 66

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    His post contained 2 facts and 4 highly-speculative statements. The speculation makes him "Debbie Downer", not the facts he posted...

Also, I want a cookie for breaking 1000 posts...white chocoloate/macadamia nut from Subway please...

Last edited by jbhtexas; 10-03-2007 at 09:42 PM.
    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I dunno...most of it seemed to make sense to me. Nebraska did help us some with their mistakes early on.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post

It's true, we've turned the ball over 12 more times than Texas Tech has. That should make us all a bit ill and very concerned for Saturday.
    It was more just the tune of a bunch of them lately...this one just topped them off

We congratulate ourselves for a loss to a team that we call terrible. Only at ISU.
    I know this will get moved, but at least a few people will see it before it gets moved and buried inside a 300+ messages thread.

This is directed to the people who actually thought we would beat Nebraska: what were you thinking? Are you on something? Whatever it is, I want some of it.

Yes, Nebraska isn't that good. But Toledo is horrible, and they beat us. So did Kent State, and UNI. Nebraska, horrible as they are, is way better than any of those guys.

Man, get some brains, guys.
    I mean I get that he's a pessimist, I'm an optimist...that's fine. But I haven't started 5 threads about how we're going to torch Texas Tech and go on to the Big 12 title game either

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

Cyclone42 said the following - "This is directed to the people who actually thought we would beat Nebraska: what were you thinking? Are you on something? Whatever it is, I want some of it.

Yes, Nebraska isn't that good. But Toledo is horrible, and they beat us. So did Kent State, and UNI. Nebraska, horrible as they are, is way better than any of those guys.

Man, get some brains, guys."

I'm one of the guys without brains, i really believed that we could go into Lincoln and compete. And quite frankly, we did. If you want to be a pessimist thats fine, but just as you have an opinion, IMO all the things you said about those other teams were correct. But, here's why IMO we had a chance to win that game in Lincoln.

1. Nebraska's defense has been horrible.
    2. I felt we couldn't have another game with 3-4 turnovers could we? (Retrospect - Yes).
    3. Modifications would be made to our special teams to reduce the yardage on both kick offs and punt coverage. (For gods sake man, kick the ball out of bounds, thats better then them starting every possession in our territory.
    4. Felt that our defense matched up extremely well with Nebraskas offense, they do not have a power running game, they're getting to be a finesse team. (Callahan offense).
    5. Anytime a new offensive or defensive coordinator is hired, it takes a couple of games to get players to understand the system, this cannot be duplicated in practice. The defense is getting to point of understanding the intent of the coverage - early on they were trying to figure it out and not reacting until its too late.
    6. And i thought our offense would be able to move the ball, and after the success in the toledo game, IMO i thought we would generate some td opportunities (3 red zone turnovers).

In all reality, several of the ideas of how i thought the game did happen. But lets be realists here, you cannot outgain your opponent, control the clock, and then turn around and allow them to start at or near midfield on nearly every possession and turn the ball over 4 times against anyone (i.e. Kent St, UNI, Toledo, Nebraska)....

I cannot sit here nor can anyone else sit here and blast Meyer for the interceptions unless you know the route that was called and his progressions (if has a progression past his primary). But, if the coaches review the tape and determine for the third game in a row that his multiple interceptions inside the red zone were his fault, for heavens sake, sit him down - regardless of everything else, these turnovers are nothing short of dagger to the heart of the defense - which by the way, i think is playing very sound football unlike the kent st game. Our defense is just lacking in the playmakers department. Our line although they've played well, is missing the key ingredient that all great defense have, pressure. The better your pressure, suddenly the better your LB and DB look and vice versa.

Clone42 - you need to step up and understand there will be growing pains, thats a part of the deal, but, stop your hatin its getting to be a lil over the top when your callin out the other cyclone fans that have an understanding of the game past watching the scores on espn!!!!

K

Legend
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 257

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    His post contained 2 facts and 4 highly-speculative statements. The speculation makes him "Debbie Downer", not the facts he posted...

Also, I want a cookie for breaking 1000 posts...white chocoloate/macadamia nut from Subway please...

Here are some extras as well.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    Sorry this is belated, but it's fresh from the oven

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I understand 42 has been a bit abrasive, especially in that post-Husker game comment, calling folks brainless.

However, the facts still remain. Here's another for you...

TDs scored so far this year

Crabtree (Tech) - 14
    ISU (Team) - 11